Hi guys -
Me and a friend (20 and 18) are planning our first inter-rail trip, 22 days, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on our itinerary. It could perhaps do with streamlining a bit and we are both conscious we are visiting more expensive countries on a low budget. I don't know if we are spending too much travelling and not enough time at the stops.
Fri 12 July - London to Bruges via Eurostar (planning to buy tickets as soon as possible to cut down on cost but if anyone has any cheaper solutions. I possibly wrongly assumed not needed to be included in inter-rail days as travelling with euro-star isn't covered by pass and I read even discounted rates are not as cheap as booking ahead. Does anyone know?)
Sun 14 - Bruges to Cologne
Tue 16 - Cologne to Munster
Thur 18 - Munster to Cologne
Night train from Cologne to Vienna
Fri 19 - Arrive Vienna
Train from Vienna to Budapest
Sun 22 - Budapest to Vienna
Vienna to Salzburg
Wed 24 - Vienna to Hallstatt
Fri 26 - Hallstatt to Vienna
Vienna to Munich
Sat 27 - Night train from Munich to Prague (Is this possible or necessary?)
Tue 30 - Prague to Berlin
Thu 1 or Fri 2 - Night train to Paris
Next few days - Paris to London (Again - I assume not needed to be included in inter-rail days.)
Thanks for any help, suggestions.
Inter-rail trip summer 2012
Hi guys -
- 1 First time to paris...4day stay..what to do?
- 2 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 3 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 4 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 5 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 6 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 7 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 8 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 9 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 10 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 11 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 12 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 13 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 14 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 15 Tuscany Lodging - Ankhura vs. Terre di Nano
- 16 Germany and Italy
- 17 Changing of the Guard
- 18 Which tour company would be best?
- 19 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 20 WWI Battlefield Tours
- 21 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 22 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 23 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 24 London Evening Activity
- 25 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy