Hi guys -
Me and a friend (20 and 18) are planning our first inter-rail trip, 22 days, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on our itinerary. It could perhaps do with streamlining a bit and we are both conscious we are visiting more expensive countries on a low budget. I don't know if we are spending too much travelling and not enough time at the stops.
Fri 12 July - London to Bruges via Eurostar (planning to buy tickets as soon as possible to cut down on cost but if anyone has any cheaper solutions. I possibly wrongly assumed not needed to be included in inter-rail days as travelling with euro-star isn't covered by pass and I read even discounted rates are not as cheap as booking ahead. Does anyone know?)
Sun 14 - Bruges to Cologne
Tue 16 - Cologne to Munster
Thur 18 - Munster to Cologne
Night train from Cologne to Vienna
Fri 19 - Arrive Vienna
Train from Vienna to Budapest
Sun 22 - Budapest to Vienna
Vienna to Salzburg
Wed 24 - Vienna to Hallstatt
Fri 26 - Hallstatt to Vienna
Vienna to Munich
Sat 27 - Night train from Munich to Prague (Is this possible or necessary?)
Tue 30 - Prague to Berlin
Thu 1 or Fri 2 - Night train to Paris
Next few days - Paris to London (Again - I assume not needed to be included in inter-rail days.)
Thanks for any help, suggestions.
Inter-rail trip summer 2012
Hi guys -
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 2 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 3 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 4 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 5 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 6 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 7 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 8 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 9 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 10 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 11 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 12 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 13 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 14 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 15 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 16 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 17 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 18 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 19 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 22 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 23 I dream of Europe
- 24 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 25 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris