Hi guys -
Me and a friend (20 and 18) are planning our first inter-rail trip, 22 days, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on our itinerary. It could perhaps do with streamlining a bit and we are both conscious we are visiting more expensive countries on a low budget. I don't know if we are spending too much travelling and not enough time at the stops.
Fri 12 July - London to Bruges via Eurostar (planning to buy tickets as soon as possible to cut down on cost but if anyone has any cheaper solutions. I possibly wrongly assumed not needed to be included in inter-rail days as travelling with euro-star isn't covered by pass and I read even discounted rates are not as cheap as booking ahead. Does anyone know?)
Sun 14 - Bruges to Cologne
Tue 16 - Cologne to Munster
Thur 18 - Munster to Cologne
Night train from Cologne to Vienna
Fri 19 - Arrive Vienna
Train from Vienna to Budapest
Sun 22 - Budapest to Vienna
Vienna to Salzburg
Wed 24 - Vienna to Hallstatt
Fri 26 - Hallstatt to Vienna
Vienna to Munich
Sat 27 - Night train from Munich to Prague (Is this possible or necessary?)
Tue 30 - Prague to Berlin
Thu 1 or Fri 2 - Night train to Paris
Next few days - Paris to London (Again - I assume not needed to be included in inter-rail days.)
Thanks for any help, suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 2 Italy in a week
- 3 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 4 Spain in November
- 5 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 6 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 7 Southern France Small Towns for Expat Retirement
- 8 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 9 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 10 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 11 UK Theatre site won't accept US zip code
- 12 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 15 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 16 Best Greek Island
- 17 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 18 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 19 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 20 Night Bus?
- 21 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 22 What to chowe..Tomar, Alcobaca, Batalha
- 23 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 24 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 25 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
Hi guys -