Hi guys -
Me and a friend (20 and 18) are planning our first inter-rail trip, 22 days, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on our itinerary. It could perhaps do with streamlining a bit and we are both conscious we are visiting more expensive countries on a low budget. I don't know if we are spending too much travelling and not enough time at the stops.
Fri 12 July - London to Bruges via Eurostar (planning to buy tickets as soon as possible to cut down on cost but if anyone has any cheaper solutions. I possibly wrongly assumed not needed to be included in inter-rail days as travelling with euro-star isn't covered by pass and I read even discounted rates are not as cheap as booking ahead. Does anyone know?)
Sun 14 - Bruges to Cologne
Tue 16 - Cologne to Munster
Thur 18 - Munster to Cologne
Night train from Cologne to Vienna
Fri 19 - Arrive Vienna
Train from Vienna to Budapest
Sun 22 - Budapest to Vienna
Vienna to Salzburg
Wed 24 - Vienna to Hallstatt
Fri 26 - Hallstatt to Vienna
Vienna to Munich
Sat 27 - Night train from Munich to Prague (Is this possible or necessary?)
Tue 30 - Prague to Berlin
Thu 1 or Fri 2 - Night train to Paris
Next few days - Paris to London (Again - I assume not needed to be included in inter-rail days.)
Thanks for any help, suggestions.
Inter-rail trip summer 2012
Hi guys -
- 1 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 2 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 3 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 4 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 5 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 6 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 7 Cinque Terre Trails Condition Report
- 8 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 9 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 10 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 11 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 12 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 13 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 Planning a holiday
- 16 Town in southwest Ireland to serve as a home base
- 17 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 18 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 19 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 20 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 21 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 22 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 23 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 24 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 25 London for Christmas