Hi guys -
Me and a friend (20 and 18) are planning our first inter-rail trip, 22 days, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on our itinerary. It could perhaps do with streamlining a bit and we are both conscious we are visiting more expensive countries on a low budget. I don't know if we are spending too much travelling and not enough time at the stops.
Fri 12 July - London to Bruges via Eurostar (planning to buy tickets as soon as possible to cut down on cost but if anyone has any cheaper solutions. I possibly wrongly assumed not needed to be included in inter-rail days as travelling with euro-star isn't covered by pass and I read even discounted rates are not as cheap as booking ahead. Does anyone know?)
Sun 14 - Bruges to Cologne
Tue 16 - Cologne to Munster
Thur 18 - Munster to Cologne
Night train from Cologne to Vienna
Fri 19 - Arrive Vienna
Train from Vienna to Budapest
Sun 22 - Budapest to Vienna
Vienna to Salzburg
Wed 24 - Vienna to Hallstatt
Fri 26 - Hallstatt to Vienna
Vienna to Munich
Sat 27 - Night train from Munich to Prague (Is this possible or necessary?)
Tue 30 - Prague to Berlin
Thu 1 or Fri 2 - Night train to Paris
Next few days - Paris to London (Again - I assume not needed to be included in inter-rail days.)
Thanks for any help, suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about Hostels in Europe during the summer
- 2 Bavaria in August
- 3 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 4 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 5 Berlin bans Airbnb apartment letting
- 6 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 7 What clothes?
- 8 Parc Clichy-Batignolles - Martin Luther King, Tours?
- 9 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 10 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 11 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 12 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 13 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 14 Shopping in Paris
- 15 Dusseldorf to Mainz (or somewhere in-between)
- 16 Help with London accomodation - totally confused now.
- 17 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 18 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 19 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 20 Car rental in Caen?
- 21 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 22 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 23 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 24 transatlantic cruise from barcelona
- 25 Teens in Paris..what to wear
Hi guys -