Hi guys -
Me and a friend (20 and 18) are planning our first inter-rail trip, 22 days, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on our itinerary. It could perhaps do with streamlining a bit and we are both conscious we are visiting more expensive countries on a low budget. I don't know if we are spending too much travelling and not enough time at the stops.
Fri 12 July - London to Bruges via Eurostar (planning to buy tickets as soon as possible to cut down on cost but if anyone has any cheaper solutions. I possibly wrongly assumed not needed to be included in inter-rail days as travelling with euro-star isn't covered by pass and I read even discounted rates are not as cheap as booking ahead. Does anyone know?)
Sun 14 - Bruges to Cologne
Tue 16 - Cologne to Munster
Thur 18 - Munster to Cologne
Night train from Cologne to Vienna
Fri 19 - Arrive Vienna
Train from Vienna to Budapest
Sun 22 - Budapest to Vienna
Vienna to Salzburg
Wed 24 - Vienna to Hallstatt
Fri 26 - Hallstatt to Vienna
Vienna to Munich
Sat 27 - Night train from Munich to Prague (Is this possible or necessary?)
Tue 30 - Prague to Berlin
Thu 1 or Fri 2 - Night train to Paris
Next few days - Paris to London (Again - I assume not needed to be included in inter-rail days.)
Thanks for any help, suggestions.
Inter-rail trip summer 2012
Hi guys -
- 1 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 2 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 3 Hotel problems in Barcelona Gothic Quarter - Must Read
- 4 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 5 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 6 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 7 Amalfi, Italy hostel - recommendation for college aged traveler?
- 8 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 9 8-10 Night Italy Itinerary Please Help!
- 10 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 11 Ordering wine in Paris
- 12 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 13 Ennis or Shannon for last night before flying out of Shannon Airport?
- 14 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 15 Southern Italy Itinerary- is this do-able?
- 16 3+ week trip to Amsterdam/Germany/Prague
- 17 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 18 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 19 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 20 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 21 Foggia Day Trip
- 22 Cinque Terre card and train
- 23 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 24 Places to visit south of Florence along A1
- 25 Retirement Vacation