Hi guys -
Me and a friend (20 and 18) are planning our first inter-rail trip, 22 days, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on our itinerary. It could perhaps do with streamlining a bit and we are both conscious we are visiting more expensive countries on a low budget. I don't know if we are spending too much travelling and not enough time at the stops.
Fri 12 July - London to Bruges via Eurostar (planning to buy tickets as soon as possible to cut down on cost but if anyone has any cheaper solutions. I possibly wrongly assumed not needed to be included in inter-rail days as travelling with euro-star isn't covered by pass and I read even discounted rates are not as cheap as booking ahead. Does anyone know?)
Sun 14 - Bruges to Cologne
Tue 16 - Cologne to Munster
Thur 18 - Munster to Cologne
Night train from Cologne to Vienna
Fri 19 - Arrive Vienna
Train from Vienna to Budapest
Sun 22 - Budapest to Vienna
Vienna to Salzburg
Wed 24 - Vienna to Hallstatt
Fri 26 - Hallstatt to Vienna
Vienna to Munich
Sat 27 - Night train from Munich to Prague (Is this possible or necessary?)
Tue 30 - Prague to Berlin
Thu 1 or Fri 2 - Night train to Paris
Next few days - Paris to London (Again - I assume not needed to be included in inter-rail days.)
Thanks for any help, suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 2 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 3 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 4 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 5 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 6 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 7 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 8 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 9 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 10 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 11 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 12 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 13 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 14 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 15 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 16 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 17 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 18 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 19 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 20 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 21 Piedmont as a destination
- 22 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 23 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 24 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 25 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
Hi guys -