This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland: Summer Days in Skye
- 2 Trains through Germany
- 3 Zurich to Salo
- 4 Rome FCO Sufficient Time??
- 5 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 6 Zurich to Milan
- 7 Cities on the Danube
- 8 itinerary Help? 2 weeks in Scandinavia
- 9 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 10 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 11 Has any place you have visited ever made you cry?
- 12 Age limit for car rental?
- 13 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 14 need help in our travel plan to Europe
- 15 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 16 Where to sleep in Manchester?
- 17 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 18 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 19 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 20 Do we need a car?
- 21 Advice about Naples?
- 22 Paris -?- Rome
- 23 Lavender country Provence hotel
- 24 What clothes?
- 25 Airport Transfer Vienna