This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacay in Europe
- 2 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 3 Back to Paris--need hotel advice
- 4 Classical Music in Milan
- 5 Italy - best two central locations
- 6 Another Book List for Italy
- 7 Pousadas in Portugal
- 8 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 9 Day trip suggestion from London
- 10 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence
- 11 Places to visits near Porto
- 12 From Denmark to Balkan and around
- 13 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 14 12 Days in Italy
- 15 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 16 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 17 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
- 18 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 19 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 20 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 21 touring near rome airport
- 22 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 23 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 24 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 25 day tours - Loire Valley