This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Intense Itinerary: Looking for help making adjustments.
- 1 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 2 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 3 Yet another train question......
- 4 Getting the best our of Europe
- 5 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 6 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 7 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 8 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 9 hotels in Milan, Italy
- 10 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 11 14 days Ireland/Scotland Trip Report
- 12 Reichstag tickets
- 13 Paris Ticket t+
- 14 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 15 Sussex Day Out Which Option to Choose?
- 16 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 17 One week in Norway
- 18 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 19 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 20 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 21 Am I too fat too travel?
- 22 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 23 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 24 Do and don't, eating in France
- 25 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary