This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Intense Itinerary: Looking for help making adjustments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 2 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?
- 3 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 4 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 5 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 6 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 7 A full week in The Netherlands
- 8 Seven days in London, June, 2014
- 9 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 10 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 11 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 12 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 13 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 14 things in Rhonda
- 15 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 16 Southern Italy without a Car
- 17 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 18 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 19 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 20 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 21 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 22 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 23 Help Me Fill in the Blanks
- 24 Visit to Bath and London england
- 25 Planning third trip to France-where to next?