This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Intense Itinerary: Looking for help making adjustments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Island honeymoon
- 2 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 3 Italy/ Spain in December
- 4 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 5 Spain and Portugal in February
- 6 Spain Itinerary
- 7 Advice on Euro-Trip Itinerary - Spain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy
- 8 Please help me give good travel advice
- 9 When to buy train tickets to Budapest and Prague from Vienna
- 10 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 11 driving barcelona to madrid in 2-3 days- itinerary help. wine stops?
- 12 Does anyone know how Trenitalia or Trenord list the Vivalto trains?
- 13 ideas for Portugal please
- 14 Has anyone bought real estate in Croatia?
- 15 Cooking Holidays Valencia
- 16 Car Rentals in Athens
- 17 One night for dinner in Rome
- 18 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 19 Berlin Itinerary
- 20 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 21 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 22 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 23 Seeking Suggestions for 4 day itinerary (flying out of Lyon)
- 24 SARDINIA - Cagliari to Alghero (via 3 nights in Cala Gonone or Oristano?)
- 25 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules