This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking suggestions on Eastern Alps/Salzberg/Innsbruck trip
- 2 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 3 Help in Planning Train Schedule Milan/Florence/Rome/Milan
- 4 I need advice; Spain in August.
- 5 Travelling Solo in South of France and Paris
- 6 Our Paris plans
- 7 Portmouth, Devon, & Cornwall
- 8 Sweden: Accidental visa overstay - am I screwed for good?
- 9 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 10 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 11 Modifying car rental for new destination
- 12 Budapest questions round 1
- 13 southern italy? hmmmmm.
- 14 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 15 B&Bs/hotels near Kinsale?
- 16 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
- 17 Venice Ferry to Croatia
- 18 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 19 Railcard and oyster card in the UK
- 20 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 21 London train and hotel information?
- 22 Swiss Transport Questions
- 23 Italy Oct 2015 Where to go
- 24 Obtaining Swiss francs in Switzerland
- 25 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe