This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona - Tickets to Gaudi sites
- 2 Itinerary Help
- 3 European Championship
- 4 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 5 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 6 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 7 12 days in Austria
- 8 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 9 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 10 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 11 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 12 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 13 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 14 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 15 Italy by Train - Sequence Recommendations
- 16 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 17 Italy by car
- 18 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 19 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 20 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 21 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 22 Ireland in October?
- 23 Barcelona-Valencia- ??? - Barcelona
- 24 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 25 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?