This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fill: Tec*h SUPP0RT AOL CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 AOL 24*7
- 2 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 3 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 4 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 5 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 6 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 7 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 Train / Calabria
- 10 16 days in France and Italy
- 11 Avoid Europcar!
- 12 Scotland - We're Here!
- 13 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 14 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 15 Naples + Walking Tour
- 16 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 17 Paris for children
- 18 Madrid food advice needed
- 19 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 20 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 21 Couscous
- 22 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 23 IWM
- 24 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 25 A week all around Sicily - May 2017