This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 2 Barcelona on budget
- 3 Advice for England and France travels?
- 4 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 5 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 6 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 7 please revew provence agenda
- 8 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 9 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 10 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 11 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 12 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 13 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 14 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 15 Where to go in March??
- 16 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 17 Late June 2017 - Capri/Amalfi Coast vs Serengeti Safari
- 18 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 19 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 20 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 21 Dublin Ireland Advice Needed
- 22 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 23 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 24 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 25 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids