This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 2 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 3 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 4 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 5 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 6 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 7 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 8 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 9 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 10 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 11 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 12 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 13 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 14 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 15 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 16 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 17 WWI Battlefields
- 18 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 19 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 20 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 21 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 22 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 23 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 24 Reaching the Lake District
- 25 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?