This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Intense Itinerary: Looking for help making adjustments.
- 1 Medieval Tallinn
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 4 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 5 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 6 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 9 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 10 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 11 One more last question on Bayeux
- 12 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 13 Italian language schools
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 When to visit Provence updated info
- 16 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 17 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 18 Lucerne & Zurich
- 19 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 20 Trip around Spain
- 21 Venice in Jan
- 22 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 23 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 24 How early to get to CDG
- 25 Berlin