This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Intense Itinerary: Looking for help making adjustments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 2 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 3 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 4 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 5 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 6 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 7 Hotel in Paris
- 8 Traffic fine one year later! What to do?
- 9 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 10 Mont St. Michele?
- 11 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 12 Berlin: evening dining
- 13 Alhambra questions
- 14 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 15 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 16 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 17 LHR to Victoria by Tube - Best Place to Transfer
- 18 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 19 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 20 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 21 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 22 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 23 Southwestern England
- 24 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 25 Amsterdam with young toddler