This is my first post so go easy on me! I have my first trip to Europe booked for April of 2013 and I have a very intense itinerary and I was hoping that some of you with more experience would help guide my ventures. There are two non negotiable areas that I have to travel to, my flight from the USA arrives in London and leaves from Madrid, but I am really having trouble figuring out the middle of my trip.
My trip is planned of the following:
Fly to London and arrive on April 6th
Spend 3 days in London, on third day travel by train to Paris.
Spend 2 days in Paris, then travel by train to Lucerne
Spend 2 days in Lucerne and then travel by train to Geneva
Catch a Flight from Geneva to Venice
Spend 2 days in Venice, then travel to Rome
Spend 2 days in Rome, then catch a flight to Barcelona
Spend 2 days in Barcelona, then travel by train to Madrid
Spend 2 days in Madrid and fly out on the 20th to get back to the USA.
I have seen a few different routes from Lucerne to Venice but I cant seem to find the best route, either by train or plane. Also I am a little nervous trying to squeeze so many different places into such a short time. Is this itinerary a realistic one? I am only traveling by train/flights and I wont be using a rental car. Once again, I am very new to traveling through Europe and I honestly want to make the most/best out of my trip and my time. I am looking for any help that any of you could give me! I truly appreciate your time and expertise!
I am hoping to have the trip of a lifetime!
Intense Itinerary: Looking for help making adjustments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Budget for 3 Month's
- 4 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 5 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 6 Italian cooking classes
- 7 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 8 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 9 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 10 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 11 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 12 Fjords, How To?
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 15 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 16 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 17 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 18 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 19 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 20 London visit
- 21 Questions for my German friends
- 22 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 23 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 24 21 Days in Central Europe
- 25 Driving to Paris... Parking?