Based on strong feed back on my prior itinerary I have made a revised plan:
I will not have any rail pass. I will have a car from Day 4 to day 8
Day Morning -- Afternoon -- Night stay
Day 1 Fly into prague -- travel to Munich -- Munich, olympic park
Day 2 Munich siteseeing -- train to salzburg -- salzburg old town
Day 3 Salzburg -- Salzburg -- salzburg old town
Day 4 travel to Konigsee -- konigsee lake -- Garmisch
Day 5 Nature hike -- Roam around -- Garmisch
Day 6 Fussen castle -- Drive to Lucerne -- Lucerne
Day 7 Roam around -- Roam around -- Lucerne
Day 8 Drive to black forest -- Roam around -- Blackforest
Day 9 Train to Prague -- Roam around -- Prague
Dy 10 Roam around -- Roam around -- Prague
Dy 11 Fly back
Have the following Qs
1. Prague to Munich - What is the economical way to make travel - w/o pass & w/o prior reservation. My flight can get delayed and hence I am not making prior reservations
2. Is munich olympic park centrally located in? I have some SPG points and will use them at 4 pt shereton in this place
3. Where should I stay in Garmisch - prefer quiet village place in the lap of nature
4. How tough is the drive from Fussen - Lucerne (Switz.) is it doable in 5 hrs? How is the drive?
5. How tough is the drive from Lucerne (Switz.) - blk forrest is it doable in 5 hrs? How is the drive?
6. Where should I stay in black forest - again prefer quiet small village
7. Along the road trips - do you have any suggestions on any specific route to take? Or should I just follow the GPS ?
8. How tough is it to drive - given I know only English? Are the signs easy to understand?
9. Any other inputs will be appreciated?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 2 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 3 Croatia short sail trip
- 4 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 5 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 6 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 7 Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017
- 8 6 Days in Italy
- 9 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 10 Stu Tower
- 11 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 12 SE ITALY
- 13 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 14 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 15 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 16 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 17 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 18 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 19 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?
- 20 Helpful Hint
- 21 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 22 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 23 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 24 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 25 Finland around Christmas time?
Input reqd (Munich-Salzbrg-Garmisch-Lucerne-Blk Frst-Prague)