Based on strong feed back on my prior itinerary I have made a revised plan:
I will not have any rail pass. I will have a car from Day 4 to day 8
Day Morning -- Afternoon -- Night stay
Day 1 Fly into prague -- travel to Munich -- Munich, olympic park
Day 2 Munich siteseeing -- train to salzburg -- salzburg old town
Day 3 Salzburg -- Salzburg -- salzburg old town
Day 4 travel to Konigsee -- konigsee lake -- Garmisch
Day 5 Nature hike -- Roam around -- Garmisch
Day 6 Fussen castle -- Drive to Lucerne -- Lucerne
Day 7 Roam around -- Roam around -- Lucerne
Day 8 Drive to black forest -- Roam around -- Blackforest
Day 9 Train to Prague -- Roam around -- Prague
Dy 10 Roam around -- Roam around -- Prague
Dy 11 Fly back
Have the following Qs
1. Prague to Munich - What is the economical way to make travel - w/o pass & w/o prior reservation. My flight can get delayed and hence I am not making prior reservations
2. Is munich olympic park centrally located in? I have some SPG points and will use them at 4 pt shereton in this place
3. Where should I stay in Garmisch - prefer quiet village place in the lap of nature
4. How tough is the drive from Fussen - Lucerne (Switz.) is it doable in 5 hrs? How is the drive?
5. How tough is the drive from Lucerne (Switz.) - blk forrest is it doable in 5 hrs? How is the drive?
6. Where should I stay in black forest - again prefer quiet small village
7. Along the road trips - do you have any suggestions on any specific route to take? Or should I just follow the GPS ?
8. How tough is it to drive - given I know only English? Are the signs easy to understand?
9. Any other inputs will be appreciated?
Input reqd (Munich-Salzbrg-Garmisch-Lucerne-Blk Frst-Prague)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 2 Airport ATMs
- 3 American Express
- 4 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 5 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 6 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 7 Three ferries to Mull
- 8 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 9 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 10 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 11 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 12 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 13 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 14 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 15 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 16 Which european city?
- 17 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 18 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 19 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 20 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 23 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?