Based on strong feed back on my prior itinerary I have made a revised plan:
I will not have any rail pass. I will have a car from Day 4 to day 8
Day Morning -- Afternoon -- Night stay
Day 1 Fly into prague -- travel to Munich -- Munich, olympic park
Day 2 Munich siteseeing -- train to salzburg -- salzburg old town
Day 3 Salzburg -- Salzburg -- salzburg old town
Day 4 travel to Konigsee -- konigsee lake -- Garmisch
Day 5 Nature hike -- Roam around -- Garmisch
Day 6 Fussen castle -- Drive to Lucerne -- Lucerne
Day 7 Roam around -- Roam around -- Lucerne
Day 8 Drive to black forest -- Roam around -- Blackforest
Day 9 Train to Prague -- Roam around -- Prague
Dy 10 Roam around -- Roam around -- Prague
Dy 11 Fly back
Have the following Qs
1. Prague to Munich - What is the economical way to make travel - w/o pass & w/o prior reservation. My flight can get delayed and hence I am not making prior reservations
2. Is munich olympic park centrally located in? I have some SPG points and will use them at 4 pt shereton in this place
3. Where should I stay in Garmisch - prefer quiet village place in the lap of nature
4. How tough is the drive from Fussen - Lucerne (Switz.) is it doable in 5 hrs? How is the drive?
5. How tough is the drive from Lucerne (Switz.) - blk forrest is it doable in 5 hrs? How is the drive?
6. Where should I stay in black forest - again prefer quiet small village
7. Along the road trips - do you have any suggestions on any specific route to take? Or should I just follow the GPS ?
8. How tough is it to drive - given I know only English? Are the signs easy to understand?
9. Any other inputs will be appreciated?
Input reqd (Munich-Salzbrg-Garmisch-Lucerne-Blk Frst-Prague)
- 1 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 2 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 3 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 4 Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
- 5 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 6 Berlin and Sardinia Itinerary
- 7 Day trip to Capri
- 8 ferry to Harwich
- 9 Car Rental Locations
- 10 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 11 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 12 florence hotel
- 13 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 14 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 15 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 16 East coast trains
- 17 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 18 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 19 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 20 from Loire (Tours) to Amsterdam?
- 21 Easyjet has changed the rules re size of carry-on baggage
- 22 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 23 Best driving route from Barga to Malpensa?
- 24 Transport from Rome airport to Civitavecchia
- 25 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!