Based on strong feed back on my prior itinerary I have made a revised plan:
I will not have any rail pass. I will have a car from Day 4 to day 8
Day Morning -- Afternoon -- Night stay
Day 1 Fly into prague -- travel to Munich -- Munich, olympic park
Day 2 Munich siteseeing -- train to salzburg -- salzburg old town
Day 3 Salzburg -- Salzburg -- salzburg old town
Day 4 travel to Konigsee -- konigsee lake -- Garmisch
Day 5 Nature hike -- Roam around -- Garmisch
Day 6 Fussen castle -- Drive to Lucerne -- Lucerne
Day 7 Roam around -- Roam around -- Lucerne
Day 8 Drive to black forest -- Roam around -- Blackforest
Day 9 Train to Prague -- Roam around -- Prague
Dy 10 Roam around -- Roam around -- Prague
Dy 11 Fly back
Have the following Qs
1. Prague to Munich - What is the economical way to make travel - w/o pass & w/o prior reservation. My flight can get delayed and hence I am not making prior reservations
2. Is munich olympic park centrally located in? I have some SPG points and will use them at 4 pt shereton in this place
3. Where should I stay in Garmisch - prefer quiet village place in the lap of nature
4. How tough is the drive from Fussen - Lucerne (Switz.) is it doable in 5 hrs? How is the drive?
5. How tough is the drive from Lucerne (Switz.) - blk forrest is it doable in 5 hrs? How is the drive?
6. Where should I stay in black forest - again prefer quiet small village
7. Along the road trips - do you have any suggestions on any specific route to take? Or should I just follow the GPS ?
8. How tough is it to drive - given I know only English? Are the signs easy to understand?
9. Any other inputs will be appreciated?
Input reqd (Munich-Salzbrg-Garmisch-Lucerne-Blk Frst-Prague)
- 1 Four Days in Seville
- 2 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 3 Istanbul Hotels
- 4 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 5 Venice - getting to see inside the Arsenale.
- 6 Backpacking through Europe
- 7 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 8 Connection in Newark EWR
- 9 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 10 Help with itinerary going north from Dublin in early Sept.
- 11 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 12 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 13 Conil de la Frontera, Spain
- 14 York Food and Drink Festival
- 15 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 16 going to cambridge in the summer on a saturday
- 17 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 18 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 19 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 20 First Trip to Europe - 12 days for Amsterdam and Germany
- 21 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 22 Paris Recommendations
- 23 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 24 2 weeks of travel starting in Paris
- 25 Renfi for Rail Europe