Based on strong feed back on my prior itinerary I have made a revised plan:
I will not have any rail pass. I will have a car from Day 4 to day 8
Day Morning -- Afternoon -- Night stay
Day 1 Fly into prague -- travel to Munich -- Munich, olympic park
Day 2 Munich siteseeing -- train to salzburg -- salzburg old town
Day 3 Salzburg -- Salzburg -- salzburg old town
Day 4 travel to Konigsee -- konigsee lake -- Garmisch
Day 5 Nature hike -- Roam around -- Garmisch
Day 6 Fussen castle -- Drive to Lucerne -- Lucerne
Day 7 Roam around -- Roam around -- Lucerne
Day 8 Drive to black forest -- Roam around -- Blackforest
Day 9 Train to Prague -- Roam around -- Prague
Dy 10 Roam around -- Roam around -- Prague
Dy 11 Fly back
Have the following Qs
1. Prague to Munich - What is the economical way to make travel - w/o pass & w/o prior reservation. My flight can get delayed and hence I am not making prior reservations
2. Is munich olympic park centrally located in? I have some SPG points and will use them at 4 pt shereton in this place
3. Where should I stay in Garmisch - prefer quiet village place in the lap of nature
4. How tough is the drive from Fussen - Lucerne (Switz.) is it doable in 5 hrs? How is the drive?
5. How tough is the drive from Lucerne (Switz.) - blk forrest is it doable in 5 hrs? How is the drive?
6. Where should I stay in black forest - again prefer quiet small village
7. Along the road trips - do you have any suggestions on any specific route to take? Or should I just follow the GPS ?
8. How tough is it to drive - given I know only English? Are the signs easy to understand?
9. Any other inputs will be appreciated?
Input reqd (Munich-Salzbrg-Garmisch-Lucerne-Blk Frst-Prague)
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 3 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 4 Which travel plan?
- 5 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 6 first european holiday itinery
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 9 Car in Prague
- 10 Family European winter holiday
- 11 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 12 Planning a holiday
- 13 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 Euro Train
- 15 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 16 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 17 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 18 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 19 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 20 Traveling within Italy
- 21 London for Christmas
- 22 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 23 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 24 Travel by train or bus
- 25 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal