Would you kindly share your guidance about traveling by car in late August between (Part I) Toulouse, France and San Sebastian/Donastia, Spain and (Part II) San Sebastian to Bordeaux with my wife and teenager daughter? This is our 2nd trip to the Dordogne but our first trip to Spain.
Prior to this road trip, we will have spent 10 days in Beynac-et-Cazenac, exploring parts of the surrounding area. We will then travel over two days from Dordogne to Toulouse with an overnight in Albi. Optimally, we would like to spend +/- 3 hours in the car at any one time, but could handle up to 4-5 hours one day. We are more interested in special destinations rather than spectacular mountain drives (although I obviously recognize that the two may go hand-in-hand). As always, any suggestions and input are very welcome and appreciated.
Part I (2 nights) - Our preliminary itinerary includes: Carcassonne, Quéribus/Peyrepertuse, Tarascon-sur-Ariège, France, Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, France
San Sebastian - 2 nights
Part II (2 nights) - From San Sebastian we will travel to Bordeaux from where we will depart home. Our planned stops along the way include: Hondarribia, St Jean de Luz, Biarritz and Bayonne
Bordeaux - 1 night
Thank you very much, in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 4 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 5 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 6 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 7 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 8 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 11 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 12 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 13 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 14 Iceland for Nine Days
- 15 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 22 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 23 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
INPUT PLEASE SW France - N. Spain (including Basque) driving itinerary