Would you kindly share your guidance about traveling by car in late August between (Part I) Toulouse, France and San Sebastian/Donastia, Spain and (Part II) San Sebastian to Bordeaux with my wife and teenager daughter? This is our 2nd trip to the Dordogne but our first trip to Spain.
Prior to this road trip, we will have spent 10 days in Beynac-et-Cazenac, exploring parts of the surrounding area. We will then travel over two days from Dordogne to Toulouse with an overnight in Albi. Optimally, we would like to spend +/- 3 hours in the car at any one time, but could handle up to 4-5 hours one day. We are more interested in special destinations rather than spectacular mountain drives (although I obviously recognize that the two may go hand-in-hand). As always, any suggestions and input are very welcome and appreciated.
Part I (2 nights) - Our preliminary itinerary includes: Carcassonne, Quéribus/Peyrepertuse, Tarascon-sur-Ariège, France, Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, France
San Sebastian - 2 nights
Part II (2 nights) - From San Sebastian we will travel to Bordeaux from where we will depart home. Our planned stops along the way include: Hondarribia, St Jean de Luz, Biarritz and Bayonne
Bordeaux - 1 night
Thank you very much, in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Zurich
- 2 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 3 Lake Como,Italy
- 4 Europe for Beginners
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Paris to Bordeaux
- 7 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 8 13 nights in switzerland
- 9 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 10 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 11 Germany-Car or Train
- 12 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 13 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 16 Language to use in Belgium
- 17 Getting around London
- 18 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 19 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 20 WWI sites
- 21 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 22 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 23 Paris in August
- 24 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 25 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
INPUT PLEASE SW France - N. Spain (including Basque) driving itinerary