Our family is planning a 2 week trip to southern Germany starting on or about 12/15 and returning to the US on or about 1/2/16. DH and I will be there for the entire trip, our son will join us on Christmas Eve for the last week only due to his vacation limitations at work. So, a key criteria for our trip is to be near an airport city, probably Munich on the 24th to pick him up.
Cities we want to visit or include in the itinerary:
Heidelberg, Rothenburg, Nuremburg, Munich, Black Forest (Freiburg??), Baden Baden.
First part of the trip without our son should focus on the Christmas Markets; second half with him on scenery (Neuschwanstein, Fussen, black forest), relaxation (Baden Baden) and some fun for new years eve.
We've been to Germany before but in the summer; DH worked there for a few years commuting back to the US and has spent weekends in Rothenburg and Nuremburg at the markets and wants to return.
Driving is fine; I'd like to limit the number of hotel or apartment changes; it is also necessary I think to be in a major city like Munich the 24-26th of December to have some restaurants available.
While this is early, we want to book the flights no later than late February. Thanks in advance for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 days in Stockholm - itinerary, questions
- 2 Help me make this possible!
- 3 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 4 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 5 Road Trip - Ireland, Scotland and England
- 6 International drivers permit
- 7 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 8 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 9 First visit to London
- 10 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 11 ATM
- 12 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 13 ATM help
- 14 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 15 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 17 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 18 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 19 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 20 Spain Itinerary
- 21 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 22 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 23 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 24 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 25 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
Input needed - southern germany itinerary for Christmas 2015