This is my first time visiting Europe and I have put together an itinerary. Some feedback from you'll would be very helpful.
The trip has two parts, Paris and Swiss Alps. For each part, I have tried to organize it so that I get to cover places that are relatively close by. Does my plan look doable?
For Switzerland, I wanted to book 4 nights in Murren. But when making plans, it seems that booking the first night in Murren and the following three in Lauterbrunnen would be more convenient. What would you advise?
Ok so here is what I have so far:
Arrive at CDG, get to hotel on 6th Arrondissement. Get used to new time zone.
Paris.....Day 1(The day after I arrive):
Seine river cruise at night (vedettesdupontneuf.com)
Paris Walking tour - Latin Quarter (Paris-walks.com)
Paris Walking tour - Montmatre
Arc de Triomphe
Bike tour (Fat Tire Bike Tours)
Revisit the places I liked most
Travel from Paris to Murren, overnight Murren
Swiss Alps.....Day 7 (Day after I arrive in Murren):
Hike northface trail from Allmendhubel, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Visit Jungfraujoch, see Aletsch glacier
Mannlichen to Kliene Scheidegg hike, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Schynige Platte to First hike
Trummelbach falls, Staubbach falls, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Leave for Lucerne early AM
Lion Monument, Chapel Bridge
If time allows - short lake cruise or ferry to Weggis then a gondola ride to top of Rigi Kaltbad, then hiked down
Lucerne to Zurich, flight back to LA.
Your input is appreciated. Thank you for your help.
Input before finalizing plans - Paris and Swiss Alps
- 1 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 2 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 3 Four days to wander France???
- 4 Bus from Sorrento to Naples Airport
- 5 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 6 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 7 Drive Rome Florence
- 8 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 9 Prague Itinerary
- 10 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 11 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 12 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 13 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 14 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 15 Trip to Norway- suggestions for itinerary?
- 16 Moving to Spain
- 17 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 18 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 19 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 20 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 21 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 22 Best area for wine and which one?
- 23 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 24 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 25 Sicily- two week summer vacation