This is my first time visiting Europe and I have put together an itinerary. Some feedback from you'll would be very helpful.
The trip has two parts, Paris and Swiss Alps. For each part, I have tried to organize it so that I get to cover places that are relatively close by. Does my plan look doable?
For Switzerland, I wanted to book 4 nights in Murren. But when making plans, it seems that booking the first night in Murren and the following three in Lauterbrunnen would be more convenient. What would you advise?
Ok so here is what I have so far:
Arrive at CDG, get to hotel on 6th Arrondissement. Get used to new time zone.
Paris.....Day 1(The day after I arrive):
Seine river cruise at night (vedettesdupontneuf.com)
Paris Walking tour - Latin Quarter (Paris-walks.com)
Paris Walking tour - Montmatre
Arc de Triomphe
Bike tour (Fat Tire Bike Tours)
Revisit the places I liked most
Travel from Paris to Murren, overnight Murren
Swiss Alps.....Day 7 (Day after I arrive in Murren):
Hike northface trail from Allmendhubel, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Visit Jungfraujoch, see Aletsch glacier
Mannlichen to Kliene Scheidegg hike, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Schynige Platte to First hike
Trummelbach falls, Staubbach falls, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Leave for Lucerne early AM
Lion Monument, Chapel Bridge
If time allows - short lake cruise or ferry to Weggis then a gondola ride to top of Rigi Kaltbad, then hiked down
Lucerne to Zurich, flight back to LA.
Your input is appreciated. Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 2 Thinking about the Fjords
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 5 Where to eat in Rome?
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 10 Poland to Austria In December
- 11 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 12 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 13 Best Neck Pillow
- 14 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 15 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 18 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 19 Tracking the Weather
- 20 Italy travel plan help
- 21 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 22 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 23 Alsace to Austria?
- 24 road trip through scotland
- 25 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel