This is my first time visiting Europe and I have put together an itinerary. Some feedback from you'll would be very helpful.
The trip has two parts, Paris and Swiss Alps. For each part, I have tried to organize it so that I get to cover places that are relatively close by. Does my plan look doable?
For Switzerland, I wanted to book 4 nights in Murren. But when making plans, it seems that booking the first night in Murren and the following three in Lauterbrunnen would be more convenient. What would you advise?
Ok so here is what I have so far:
Arrive at CDG, get to hotel on 6th Arrondissement. Get used to new time zone.
Paris.....Day 1(The day after I arrive):
Seine river cruise at night (vedettesdupontneuf.com)
Paris Walking tour - Latin Quarter (Paris-walks.com)
Paris Walking tour - Montmatre
Arc de Triomphe
Bike tour (Fat Tire Bike Tours)
Revisit the places I liked most
Travel from Paris to Murren, overnight Murren
Swiss Alps.....Day 7 (Day after I arrive in Murren):
Hike northface trail from Allmendhubel, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Visit Jungfraujoch, see Aletsch glacier
Mannlichen to Kliene Scheidegg hike, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Schynige Platte to First hike
Trummelbach falls, Staubbach falls, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Leave for Lucerne early AM
Lion Monument, Chapel Bridge
If time allows - short lake cruise or ferry to Weggis then a gondola ride to top of Rigi Kaltbad, then hiked down
Lucerne to Zurich, flight back to LA.
Your input is appreciated. Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT Tec*h care 24/7??
- 2 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 3 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 6 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Italy Car Scam
- 9 God Save the Queen?
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 14 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 15 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 9 Days in Spain
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 23 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 24 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 25 Iceland