This is my first time visiting Europe and I have put together an itinerary. Some feedback from you'll would be very helpful.
The trip has two parts, Paris and Swiss Alps. For each part, I have tried to organize it so that I get to cover places that are relatively close by. Does my plan look doable?
For Switzerland, I wanted to book 4 nights in Murren. But when making plans, it seems that booking the first night in Murren and the following three in Lauterbrunnen would be more convenient. What would you advise?
Ok so here is what I have so far:
Arrive at CDG, get to hotel on 6th Arrondissement. Get used to new time zone.
Paris.....Day 1(The day after I arrive):
Seine river cruise at night (vedettesdupontneuf.com)
Paris Walking tour - Latin Quarter (Paris-walks.com)
Paris Walking tour - Montmatre
Arc de Triomphe
Bike tour (Fat Tire Bike Tours)
Revisit the places I liked most
Travel from Paris to Murren, overnight Murren
Swiss Alps.....Day 7 (Day after I arrive in Murren):
Hike northface trail from Allmendhubel, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Visit Jungfraujoch, see Aletsch glacier
Mannlichen to Kliene Scheidegg hike, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Schynige Platte to First hike
Trummelbach falls, Staubbach falls, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Leave for Lucerne early AM
Lion Monument, Chapel Bridge
If time allows - short lake cruise or ferry to Weggis then a gondola ride to top of Rigi Kaltbad, then hiked down
Lucerne to Zurich, flight back to LA.
Your input is appreciated. Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 2 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 3 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 4 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 5 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 6 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 7 Keukenhof in May?
- 8 Happy birthday ATM
- 9 24 hours in Paris
- 10 Insurance on rental car options
- 11 Istanbul at Easter
- 12 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 13 tickets for Wimbledon
- 14 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 15 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 18 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 19 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 20 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 21 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 22 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 23 Renting a car in Greece
- 24 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 25 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland