My husband and I will be taking a cruise that departs from Venice in May. We have decided to fly into Munich, drive through Austria (via Innsbruck) and the Dolomites and end in Venice for the cruise. Can anyone recommend a beautiful, scenic, small town, route/drive from Innsbruck through the Dolomites to Venice? We've done some research and there seem to be a few different routes to take. We unfortunately don't have much time as we arrive in Munich on Friday, May 3 (7am) and need to be in Venice on Sunday night. Yes, most of our time will be in the car and we understand this. We are driving and won't be taking any trains. Since we are limited with time we know that this particular trip will be mostly scenic driving with a few stops to visit the smaller towns.
Can anyone recommend a driving route - or some small towns/must sees in the Dolomites that aren't to be missed?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 2 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 3 help with 21 days-croatia
- 4 Luggage on trains/security?
- 5 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 6 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 7 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 8 The Rain in Spain and more
- 9 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 10 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 11 Travelling in October need some guidance
- 12 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 13 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 14 The DCC scam is spreading
- 15 London Paris
- 16 Large luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
- 17 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 18 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 19 What clothes?
- 20 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 21 Going to Den Bosch to See the Bosch Exhibit?
- 22 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 23 Car to Heathrow: what time to order?
- 24 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 25 GPS vs Google Maps