My husband and I will be taking a cruise that departs from Venice in May. We have decided to fly into Munich, drive through Austria (via Innsbruck) and the Dolomites and end in Venice for the cruise. Can anyone recommend a beautiful, scenic, small town, route/drive from Innsbruck through the Dolomites to Venice? We've done some research and there seem to be a few different routes to take. We unfortunately don't have much time as we arrive in Munich on Friday, May 3 (7am) and need to be in Venice on Sunday night. Yes, most of our time will be in the car and we understand this. We are driving and won't be taking any trains. Since we are limited with time we know that this particular trip will be mostly scenic driving with a few stops to visit the smaller towns.
Can anyone recommend a driving route - or some small towns/must sees in the Dolomites that aren't to be missed?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 2 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 3 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 4 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 5 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Help on ancient history route
- 10 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 11 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 12 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 13 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 14 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 15 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 16 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 19 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 20 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 21 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 22 Hotels in Turin
- 23 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 24 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 25 Best layover option