My husband and I will be taking a cruise that departs from Venice in May. We have decided to fly into Munich, drive through Austria (via Innsbruck) and the Dolomites and end in Venice for the cruise. Can anyone recommend a beautiful, scenic, small town, route/drive from Innsbruck through the Dolomites to Venice? We've done some research and there seem to be a few different routes to take. We unfortunately don't have much time as we arrive in Munich on Friday, May 3 (7am) and need to be in Venice on Sunday night. Yes, most of our time will be in the car and we understand this. We are driving and won't be taking any trains. Since we are limited with time we know that this particular trip will be mostly scenic driving with a few stops to visit the smaller towns.
Can anyone recommend a driving route - or some small towns/must sees in the Dolomites that aren't to be missed?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 2 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 3 T Mobile Does it Again
- 4 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 5 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 6 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 7 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 8 Seville Itinerary
- 9 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 10 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 11 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 12 Dolomites October 14-18
- 13 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 14 Italy by car
- 15 Florence 2 weeks
- 16 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 17 Santorini
- 18 One in Paris ... help
- 19 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 20 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 21 Which order should I travel
- 22 Which order should I travel
- 23 Which order should I travel
- 24 Strasbourg sights and day trips
- 25 Train questions for Switzerland