My husband and I will be taking a cruise that departs from Venice in May. We have decided to fly into Munich, drive through Austria (via Innsbruck) and the Dolomites and end in Venice for the cruise. Can anyone recommend a beautiful, scenic, small town, route/drive from Innsbruck through the Dolomites to Venice? We've done some research and there seem to be a few different routes to take. We unfortunately don't have much time as we arrive in Munich on Friday, May 3 (7am) and need to be in Venice on Sunday night. Yes, most of our time will be in the car and we understand this. We are driving and won't be taking any trains. Since we are limited with time we know that this particular trip will be mostly scenic driving with a few stops to visit the smaller towns.
Can anyone recommend a driving route - or some small towns/must sees in the Dolomites that aren't to be missed?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 2 visa appointment experience
- 3 First Trip to Europe!
- 4 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 5 Scotland Trip
- 6 Paris Under Seige...
- 7 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 8 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 9 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 10 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 11 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 12 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 13 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 14 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 15 Rue des Rosiers
- 16 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 17 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 18 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 19 Brief trip report Naples
- 20 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 21 What to take to Germany
- 22 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 23 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 24 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 25 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl