My husband and I will be taking a cruise that departs from Venice in May. We have decided to fly into Munich, drive through Austria (via Innsbruck) and the Dolomites and end in Venice for the cruise. Can anyone recommend a beautiful, scenic, small town, route/drive from Innsbruck through the Dolomites to Venice? We've done some research and there seem to be a few different routes to take. We unfortunately don't have much time as we arrive in Munich on Friday, May 3 (7am) and need to be in Venice on Sunday night. Yes, most of our time will be in the car and we understand this. We are driving and won't be taking any trains. Since we are limited with time we know that this particular trip will be mostly scenic driving with a few stops to visit the smaller towns.
Can anyone recommend a driving route - or some small towns/must sees in the Dolomites that aren't to be missed?
Thank you for your help!
Innsbruck to Venice through the Dolomites
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in the Beginning of 2016
- 2 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 3 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 4 Looking for add on city
- 5 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 6 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 7 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 8 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 9 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 10 Taxi service in Nice
- 11 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 12 Academic Tours and Travel Malta and Sicily Delight Tour
- 13 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 14 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 15 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 16 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 17 Flying open jaw: start in MAD or BCN (Sept. 18th - Oct. 5th).
- 18 Trip to Pyrenees
- 19 Help with Itinerary - Seville/San Sebastian
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 22 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 23 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)
- 24 Apartment Madrid location/review
- 25 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy