My husband and I will be taking a cruise that departs from Venice in May. We have decided to fly into Munich, drive through Austria (via Innsbruck) and the Dolomites and end in Venice for the cruise. Can anyone recommend a beautiful, scenic, small town, route/drive from Innsbruck through the Dolomites to Venice? We've done some research and there seem to be a few different routes to take. We unfortunately don't have much time as we arrive in Munich on Friday, May 3 (7am) and need to be in Venice on Sunday night. Yes, most of our time will be in the car and we understand this. We are driving and won't be taking any trains. Since we are limited with time we know that this particular trip will be mostly scenic driving with a few stops to visit the smaller towns.
Can anyone recommend a driving route - or some small towns/must sees in the Dolomites that aren't to be missed?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 APPLY FOR REAL REGISTERED DATABASE PASSPORT
- 2 England and Wales by public transport
- 3 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 4 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 5 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 6 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 7 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 8 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 9 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 10 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 11 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 12 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 13 To do afternoon of arrival in London
- 14 MiFi in Italy
- 15 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 16 One quick week -- where in France?
- 17 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 18 Guides - Matera
- 19 Spain Itinerary Help
- 20 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 21 Ravello to Paestum
- 22 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 23 Girona and Besalau
- 24 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 25 London Itinerary and Questions