My husband and I will be taking a cruise that departs from Venice in May. We have decided to fly into Munich, drive through Austria (via Innsbruck) and the Dolomites and end in Venice for the cruise. Can anyone recommend a beautiful, scenic, small town, route/drive from Innsbruck through the Dolomites to Venice? We've done some research and there seem to be a few different routes to take. We unfortunately don't have much time as we arrive in Munich on Friday, May 3 (7am) and need to be in Venice on Sunday night. Yes, most of our time will be in the car and we understand this. We are driving and won't be taking any trains. Since we are limited with time we know that this particular trip will be mostly scenic driving with a few stops to visit the smaller towns.
Can anyone recommend a driving route - or some small towns/must sees in the Dolomites that aren't to be missed?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris hotels
- 2 Trying to decide on a Colmar hotel for 4 nights
- 3 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 4 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 5 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 6 Need help on possible French train strike tomorrow (Wednesday)
- 7 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 8 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 9 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 10 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 11 Bratislava to Budapest by Car May 2016
- 12 Need advice on Greek islands
- 13 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 14 Antwerp Tram
- 15 Slomenice Castle
- 16 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 17 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 18 Italy in Aug- is everything closed there?
- 19 Are Tatras worth the trip?
- 20 Guidance on countries to visit in Europe
- 21 Cooking Classes- Zagreb, Croatia & Bratislava, Slovakia
- 22 Does my Switzerland Itinerray makes sense
- 23 Trip report European honeymoon
- 24 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 25 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)