My husband and I will be taking a cruise that departs from Venice in May. We have decided to fly into Munich, drive through Austria (via Innsbruck) and the Dolomites and end in Venice for the cruise. Can anyone recommend a beautiful, scenic, small town, route/drive from Innsbruck through the Dolomites to Venice? We've done some research and there seem to be a few different routes to take. We unfortunately don't have much time as we arrive in Munich on Friday, May 3 (7am) and need to be in Venice on Sunday night. Yes, most of our time will be in the car and we understand this. We are driving and won't be taking any trains. Since we are limited with time we know that this particular trip will be mostly scenic driving with a few stops to visit the smaller towns.
Can anyone recommend a driving route - or some small towns/must sees in the Dolomites that aren't to be missed?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 2 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 3 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 4 Canal du Midi
- 5 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 8 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Perugia
- 11 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 12 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 13 Praiano
- 14 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 15 Self drive tour companies
- 16 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 17 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 18 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 19 St Denis Cathedral
- 20 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 21 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 No Periods in British Written English!
- 24 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 25 Help please