My husband and I will be taking a cruise that departs from Venice in May. We have decided to fly into Munich, drive through Austria (via Innsbruck) and the Dolomites and end in Venice for the cruise. Can anyone recommend a beautiful, scenic, small town, route/drive from Innsbruck through the Dolomites to Venice? We've done some research and there seem to be a few different routes to take. We unfortunately don't have much time as we arrive in Munich on Friday, May 3 (7am) and need to be in Venice on Sunday night. Yes, most of our time will be in the car and we understand this. We are driving and won't be taking any trains. Since we are limited with time we know that this particular trip will be mostly scenic driving with a few stops to visit the smaller towns.
Can anyone recommend a driving route - or some small towns/must sees in the Dolomites that aren't to be missed?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 2 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 3 Stonehenge and Bath
- 4 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 5 How big backpack do I need?
- 6 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 7 Munich Under Attack...
- 8 Should I speculate?
- 9 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 10 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 11 Prague on a budget...
- 12 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 13 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 14 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 15 Le Marche Sept./Oct.
- 16 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 17 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 18 Path of the Gods Question
- 19 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 20 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 21 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 22 Dentix in Spain
- 23 Croatia
- 24 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls
- 25 How much do i need?