My husband and I will be taking a cruise that departs from Venice in May. We have decided to fly into Munich, drive through Austria (via Innsbruck) and the Dolomites and end in Venice for the cruise. Can anyone recommend a beautiful, scenic, small town, route/drive from Innsbruck through the Dolomites to Venice? We've done some research and there seem to be a few different routes to take. We unfortunately don't have much time as we arrive in Munich on Friday, May 3 (7am) and need to be in Venice on Sunday night. Yes, most of our time will be in the car and we understand this. We are driving and won't be taking any trains. Since we are limited with time we know that this particular trip will be mostly scenic driving with a few stops to visit the smaller towns.
Can anyone recommend a driving route - or some small towns/must sees in the Dolomites that aren't to be missed?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 2 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 3 Will you skip Vienna for other city?
- 4 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 5 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 6 Vienna or Budapest?
- 7 Rome to Florence Road Trip, Vineyard Recommendations
- 8 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 9 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 10 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 11 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 12 Budapest Hotels
- 13 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 14 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 15 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 16 London's Must Sights!
- 17 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 18 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 19 First Time Solo Travel info
- 20 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 21 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 22 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 23 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 24 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 25 4 days in switzerland