My husband and I will be taking a cruise that departs from Venice in May. We have decided to fly into Munich, drive through Austria (via Innsbruck) and the Dolomites and end in Venice for the cruise. Can anyone recommend a beautiful, scenic, small town, route/drive from Innsbruck through the Dolomites to Venice? We've done some research and there seem to be a few different routes to take. We unfortunately don't have much time as we arrive in Munich on Friday, May 3 (7am) and need to be in Venice on Sunday night. Yes, most of our time will be in the car and we understand this. We are driving and won't be taking any trains. Since we are limited with time we know that this particular trip will be mostly scenic driving with a few stops to visit the smaller towns.
Can anyone recommend a driving route - or some small towns/must sees in the Dolomites that aren't to be missed?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 3 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 4 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 5 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 8 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 9 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 10 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 11 Another tipping question: concierges
- 12 Trip Ideas
- 13 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 14 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 15 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 16 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 17 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 18 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 19 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 20 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 21 Spain in July
- 22 Acropolis Athens
- 23 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 24 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 25 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay