My husband and I will be taking a cruise that departs from Venice in May. We have decided to fly into Munich, drive through Austria (via Innsbruck) and the Dolomites and end in Venice for the cruise. Can anyone recommend a beautiful, scenic, small town, route/drive from Innsbruck through the Dolomites to Venice? We've done some research and there seem to be a few different routes to take. We unfortunately don't have much time as we arrive in Munich on Friday, May 3 (7am) and need to be in Venice on Sunday night. Yes, most of our time will be in the car and we understand this. We are driving and won't be taking any trains. Since we are limited with time we know that this particular trip will be mostly scenic driving with a few stops to visit the smaller towns.
Can anyone recommend a driving route - or some small towns/must sees in the Dolomites that aren't to be missed?
Thank you for your help!
Innsbruck to Venice through the Dolomites
- 1 7 days in Andalucia
- 2 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 3 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 4 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 5 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 6 London for Christmas
- 7 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 8 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 11 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 12 Belgium
- 13 Navigo Decouverte
- 14 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 15 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 16 More help with housing in Puglia
- 17 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 15 days in Europe,
- 20 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 21 Madrid to Sevilla
- 22 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 23 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 24 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 25 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time