Flying into Madrid...
Would like to spend a week in a small city/town - base of operations for touring Andalucia by train/bus.
(train from Madrid to ?)
I thought Seville would be ideal, but understand that a large festival (Spring Feria) would be during our stay. Have been eyeing Cordoba, now.
Am I being unnecessarily resistant to staying in Seville (noise, crowds, etc.) during fair? Thoughts on Cordoba for base of operations? Other?
From Cordoba (or Seville) we could head out on day trips to places like Montilla, Montoro, Malaga, Puente Genil, etc. to get a good feel for life in southern Spain.
We typically rent an apartment, cook many meals in, though eat out some....a relaxing, but informative (historical, museums, etc) time.
We were in Madrid 15 years ago, but thinking of also spending a couple of nights there before flying out (or upon arrival)...day trip to Toledo, Avila, etc.
(for example, last spring we spent 10 days in city of Tours, France - using trains, buses to see the Loire Valley, ending with a couple days in Paris)
Any and all thoughts would be appreciated as we begin planning this journey.
will be posting a similar post in Portugal forum, as we plan to head there from Madrid for a week
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 2 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 3 getting to CDG
- 4 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 5 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 6 Cambrils
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 11 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 12 Amalfi Coast help
- 13 CDG airport and connection time
- 14 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 15 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 16 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 17 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 18 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 19 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 20 Trains in Alps and UK
- 21 Switzerland
- 22 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 23 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 24 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 25 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
Flying into Madrid...