Flying into Madrid...
Would like to spend a week in a small city/town - base of operations for touring Andalucia by train/bus.
(train from Madrid to ?)
I thought Seville would be ideal, but understand that a large festival (Spring Feria) would be during our stay. Have been eyeing Cordoba, now.
Am I being unnecessarily resistant to staying in Seville (noise, crowds, etc.) during fair? Thoughts on Cordoba for base of operations? Other?
From Cordoba (or Seville) we could head out on day trips to places like Montilla, Montoro, Malaga, Puente Genil, etc. to get a good feel for life in southern Spain.
We typically rent an apartment, cook many meals in, though eat out some....a relaxing, but informative (historical, museums, etc) time.
We were in Madrid 15 years ago, but thinking of also spending a couple of nights there before flying out (or upon arrival)...day trip to Toledo, Avila, etc.
(for example, last spring we spent 10 days in city of Tours, France - using trains, buses to see the Loire Valley, ending with a couple days in Paris)
Any and all thoughts would be appreciated as we begin planning this journey.
will be posting a similar post in Portugal forum, as we plan to head there from Madrid for a week
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 What fresh hell is this?
- 5 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 7 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Which Train Station in Venice
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 SE ITALY
- 20 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 One free day in Barcelona
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21
Flying into Madrid...