It's been 3 years(!) since my last trip report (Scotland/N. Ireland with my sister). I'm feeling the travel itch and Aer Lingus is showing a sale for winter travel.
So, I've been looking and think this will be my trip: the third week of February to Dublin, Ireland, to see the Book of Kells and anything library-themed. My other interests are aviation, the Discworld, cooking, and Fodors get-togethers (hint).
I'm a solo traveler. Recommendations for accommodations and interesting things to see/do appreciated. One thing I don't have an interest for -- alcoholic drinks. I just don't like the taste. Perhaps not a good thing to admit in Guinness-land, but 'tis the way of my taste buds, lol.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan or Turin
- 2 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 3 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Paris to Italy
- 6 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 7 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 8 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 12 Iceland early december visit
- 13 Frankfurt to UK
- 14 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 15 God Save the Queen?
- 16 Road trip with our dog
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Italy Car Scam
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris