We are in the early stages of putting together a 14-16 day (12 -14 days on the ground) trip to Ireland for either May or September of 2016. My initial thought is to start and end in Dublin and stay south of a line from Dublin to Galway in the interest of time. We'll rent a car but are avid cyclists and will want to take a day or two in a couple of spots and cycle rather than drive.
Here's the first cut list of places to see and things to do. What I'm looking for is input from those who've toured Ireland on how long to stay in each place, is a hub/spoke plan better and are there sites I'm missing. We're both early 60's, well travelled and intrepid when it comes to exploring. We've been to Europe multiple times but this will be our first visit to the UK/Ireland. Budget will be around 180-200e/night for hotels outside of Dublin where we'll use hotel points.
The 'list": (in no particular order) Dublin, Trinity College, Book of Kells, Gaol, Pub Music Crawl, Galway, Cliffs of Mohr, Burren, Dingle Peninsula, Ring of Kerry, Kilkenny, Killarny, Muckross House, Aran Islands, Rock of Cashel, Blarney and perhaps Waterford
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 2 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 3 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 4 Overnight at Heathrow
- 5 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 9 days in London
- 8 Lyon
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 Santorini lodging
- 13 Milan private guide
- 14 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 15 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 16 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 17 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 18 Italian lakes
- 19 Ronda Wine/biking
- 20 What do after Bernia Express?
- 21 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 22 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 23 Self drive tour companies
- 24 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 25 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari