Panning our first trip to France and need some info before we set about finalising.
We are 2 adults and 2 children of 13 yrs and 12 yrs.
we plan to arrive in Paris. Spend a week in Paris.
Please advise on areas / hotels where we can get a family room for around Euro 100/-. We need to be close to the main station as we plan to go to Strasbourg.
We like to see the usual places of interest but will not include Disneyworld and not too many museums. We like to eat hearty french food. Not interested in designer food. Is french food hearty like the German meats.
Do you recommend we stay in Strasbourg or in another small town in Alsace. We will not have a car and will depend on public transport.
Now for the next part - we want to go to Berlin. Is this feasible. I checked dbahn site but they do not give fares. Then I checked sncf and the fares were ridiculously high. If this is true we will skip Berlin and continue to Rhone Alps and fly out from Lyon. In fact sncf does not show options via Mannheim which is shown on dbahn. Am I doing something wrong. Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 2 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Road trip with our dog
- 8 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 9 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 10 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 11 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 12 Driving through Paris
- 13 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 14 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 15 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 20 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 21 Lisbon
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 24 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 25 Italy Car Scam