Panning our first trip to France and need some info before we set about finalising.
We are 2 adults and 2 children of 13 yrs and 12 yrs.
we plan to arrive in Paris. Spend a week in Paris.
Please advise on areas / hotels where we can get a family room for around Euro 100/-. We need to be close to the main station as we plan to go to Strasbourg.
We like to see the usual places of interest but will not include Disneyworld and not too many museums. We like to eat hearty french food. Not interested in designer food. Is french food hearty like the German meats.
Do you recommend we stay in Strasbourg or in another small town in Alsace. We will not have a car and will depend on public transport.
Now for the next part - we want to go to Berlin. Is this feasible. I checked dbahn site but they do not give fares. Then I checked sncf and the fares were ridiculously high. If this is true we will skip Berlin and continue to Rhone Alps and fly out from Lyon. In fact sncf does not show options via Mannheim which is shown on dbahn. Am I doing something wrong. Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 2 Norway Self-Drive - Winter 2017
- 3 French restaurants
- 4 Azores in February
- 5 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 6 Trains in Alps and UK
- 7 Scotland Trip
- 8 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 11 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 12 Lisbon trip report
- 13 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 14 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 15 Ireland in April
- 16 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 17 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 18 Driving in Italy?
- 19 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 20 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 21 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 22 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 23 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 24 Planning a European Trip
- 25 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?