Panning our first trip to France and need some info before we set about finalising.
We are 2 adults and 2 children of 13 yrs and 12 yrs.
we plan to arrive in Paris. Spend a week in Paris.
Please advise on areas / hotels where we can get a family room for around Euro 100/-. We need to be close to the main station as we plan to go to Strasbourg.
We like to see the usual places of interest but will not include Disneyworld and not too many museums. We like to eat hearty french food. Not interested in designer food. Is french food hearty like the German meats.
Do you recommend we stay in Strasbourg or in another small town in Alsace. We will not have a car and will depend on public transport.
Now for the next part - we want to go to Berlin. Is this feasible. I checked dbahn site but they do not give fares. Then I checked sncf and the fares were ridiculously high. If this is true we will skip Berlin and continue to Rhone Alps and fly out from Lyon. In fact sncf does not show options via Mannheim which is shown on dbahn. Am I doing something wrong. Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 2 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 3 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 4 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 5 Barcelona
- 6 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 7 Planning a European Trip
- 8 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 9 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 10 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 11 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 12 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 13 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 14 Santorini lodging
- 15 Spain and South of France
- 16 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 17 Algarve location Help
- 18 Andalucia itinerary help
- 19 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 20 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 21 Ischia
- 22 Killarney
- 23 Romania - Good destination for 2017
- 24 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 25 Help / Day Planning Required ...