Panning our first trip to France and need some info before we set about finalising.
We are 2 adults and 2 children of 13 yrs and 12 yrs.
we plan to arrive in Paris. Spend a week in Paris.
Please advise on areas / hotels where we can get a family room for around Euro 100/-. We need to be close to the main station as we plan to go to Strasbourg.
We like to see the usual places of interest but will not include Disneyworld and not too many museums. We like to eat hearty french food. Not interested in designer food. Is french food hearty like the German meats.
Do you recommend we stay in Strasbourg or in another small town in Alsace. We will not have a car and will depend on public transport.
Now for the next part - we want to go to Berlin. Is this feasible. I checked dbahn site but they do not give fares. Then I checked sncf and the fares were ridiculously high. If this is true we will skip Berlin and continue to Rhone Alps and fly out from Lyon. In fact sncf does not show options via Mannheim which is shown on dbahn. Am I doing something wrong. Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 3 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 4 Prague
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Sundays in Puglia
- 7 2 Months in Sicily
- 8 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 9 What tips can you give about packing?
- 10 Sim Card Options
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 13 Azores
- 14 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 15 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 16 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 17 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 18 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 19 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 20 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 21 Greek Islands (small)
- 22 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 23 Scotland in 7 Days
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 Climbing Ben Nevis in June