Panning our first trip to France and need some info before we set about finalising.
We are 2 adults and 2 children of 13 yrs and 12 yrs.
we plan to arrive in Paris. Spend a week in Paris.
Please advise on areas / hotels where we can get a family room for around Euro 100/-. We need to be close to the main station as we plan to go to Strasbourg.
We like to see the usual places of interest but will not include Disneyworld and not too many museums. We like to eat hearty french food. Not interested in designer food. Is french food hearty like the German meats.
Do you recommend we stay in Strasbourg or in another small town in Alsace. We will not have a car and will depend on public transport.
Now for the next part - we want to go to Berlin. Is this feasible. I checked dbahn site but they do not give fares. Then I checked sncf and the fares were ridiculously high. If this is true we will skip Berlin and continue to Rhone Alps and fly out from Lyon. In fact sncf does not show options via Mannheim which is shown on dbahn. Am I doing something wrong. Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 2 Munich and....???
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Can parking
- 5 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 8 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 11 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 12 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 13 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 14 magnified mirror
- 15 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 16 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 17 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 18 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 21 San Sebastián
- 22 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 23 italy Cinque Terre
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras