My husband I are taking our first trip to England and Wales...and we're in our 70s. When we stay at a B&B, are we supposed to make our bed when we leave for the day? The B&B provides breakfast and dinner and guided day trips. We have already paid in advance their full fee. Should we tip as well? Also, for the second part of our trip we have hired a private tour guide. He quoted a set rate that we will pay in cash when we join him. He made all of our hotel reservations and planned out our itinerary. Should we also tip him, or is it not required since he's the owner/operator and sets his fee. We want to do the right thing but are so unsure of things. Thank you so much for your advice.
Inexperienced travelers seeking B&B and guide etiquette
- 1 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 2 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 3 How Long For Santorini?
- 4 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 5 Tips and advice for first-timers to Europe
- 6 Trip to Norway- suggestions for itinerary?
- 7 9 or 10 night Spain itinerary
- 8 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 9 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 10 Dingle to Galway help please, leave in less than 2 weeks
- 11 jungfraujoch mid june
- 12 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 13 St. Peter's Tomb at the Necropolis Scavi Fact or Fiction?
- 14 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 15 confused by timeshare offer
- 16 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 17 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 18 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 19 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 20 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 21 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 22 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 23 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 24 Kenmare to Dingle- Where to stop along the way?
- 25 Solo in Sicily - April 2013