My wife and I enjoy travelling very much and talking about our travels and what we've learned always inspires friends, co-workers, and others. We are interested in leading maybe a group or 2 a year to various places, but mostly Europe and Central/South America. More of a working vacation to help offset our costs kind of thing. For now it is a part-time interest that may lead to what could be a life/career change in the future.
My question is whether or not there is someone out there in Fodors land who has any suggestions or ideas of what kind of qualifications or schooling one would take in order to become an independent tour operator, and where to do that. I know there are many schools in Canada (where we are) and the U.S. that you can do that, but I was hoping for some unbiased suggestions or ideas as weeding through all the ads and information can become a little overwhelming.
So if anyone has information or ideas that could help in our quest to show more people the beauty of our planet I would be forever grateful.
Thank you, best regards, and happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBALPassword Reset CONTACT ☎1800:681:7208SBCGLOBALTec#SUPP
- 2 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 3 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 4 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 5 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 9 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 10 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 11 Studying art in English in venice
- 12 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 13 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 14 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 15 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 16 Trogir or Split
- 17 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 18 Scotland
- 19 Hotels in Turin
- 20 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 21 Istria in two days
- 22 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 23 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 24 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 25 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights