My wife and I enjoy travelling very much and talking about our travels and what we've learned always inspires friends, co-workers, and others. We are interested in leading maybe a group or 2 a year to various places, but mostly Europe and Central/South America. More of a working vacation to help offset our costs kind of thing. For now it is a part-time interest that may lead to what could be a life/career change in the future.
My question is whether or not there is someone out there in Fodors land who has any suggestions or ideas of what kind of qualifications or schooling one would take in order to become an independent tour operator, and where to do that. I know there are many schools in Canada (where we are) and the U.S. that you can do that, but I was hoping for some unbiased suggestions or ideas as weeding through all the ads and information can become a little overwhelming.
So if anyone has information or ideas that could help in our quest to show more people the beauty of our planet I would be forever grateful.
Thank you, best regards, and happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 2 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 5 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 9 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 10 Cell Phone Question
- 11 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 12 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 13 Greek Islands (small)
- 14 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 15 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 16 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 17 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 20 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 21 Help required with Itinerary
- 22 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 23 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 24 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 25 Campervan in Croatia