My wife and I enjoy travelling very much and talking about our travels and what we've learned always inspires friends, co-workers, and others. We are interested in leading maybe a group or 2 a year to various places, but mostly Europe and Central/South America. More of a working vacation to help offset our costs kind of thing. For now it is a part-time interest that may lead to what could be a life/career change in the future.
My question is whether or not there is someone out there in Fodors land who has any suggestions or ideas of what kind of qualifications or schooling one would take in order to become an independent tour operator, and where to do that. I know there are many schools in Canada (where we are) and the U.S. that you can do that, but I was hoping for some unbiased suggestions or ideas as weeding through all the ads and information can become a little overwhelming.
So if anyone has information or ideas that could help in our quest to show more people the beauty of our planet I would be forever grateful.
Thank you, best regards, and happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Travel Pass
- 2 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 5 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 6 Germany train help!
- 7 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 8 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 9 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 10 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 11 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 12 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 13 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 14 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 15 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 16 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 17 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 18 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 19 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 20 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 21 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 22 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 23 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 24 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges