My wife and I enjoy travelling very much and talking about our travels and what we've learned always inspires friends, co-workers, and others. We are interested in leading maybe a group or 2 a year to various places, but mostly Europe and Central/South America. More of a working vacation to help offset our costs kind of thing. For now it is a part-time interest that may lead to what could be a life/career change in the future.
My question is whether or not there is someone out there in Fodors land who has any suggestions or ideas of what kind of qualifications or schooling one would take in order to become an independent tour operator, and where to do that. I know there are many schools in Canada (where we are) and the U.S. that you can do that, but I was hoping for some unbiased suggestions or ideas as weeding through all the ads and information can become a little overwhelming.
So if anyone has information or ideas that could help in our quest to show more people the beauty of our planet I would be forever grateful.
Thank you, best regards, and happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 2 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 3 One week in Europe
- 4 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 5 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 6 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 7 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 8 Munich itinerary review
- 9 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 10 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 11 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 12 Switzerland in September
- 13 Where to eat in Rome?
- 14 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 17 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 18 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 19 AMS Car Rental
- 20 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 21 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 22 London Theater
- 23 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 24 Europe itinerary questions
- 25 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?