This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers). Our latest plan is
Rome - 7days(22nd to 29th July)
Tuscany- 3 days (29th to 2nd August)
Venice - 3 days(2nd to 5th August)
I already have a running thread on the Venice
However I need some urgent help on to choose an apartment
This one is cheaper
I like this one, which is close to San Marco
This one looks good too
Residence Corte Nova
via castello 2869/a - 30122 Venezia. www.residencecortenova.com
Next Help is required on the travel -Any ideas/suggestions to get to Milan in the morning so that We could carry on to Wengen,Switzerland.
As per this web site http://www.fsitaliane.it/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=ad1ce14114bc9110VgnVCM10000080a3e90aRCRD
The morning train at 5:20AM (timing is insane or is this normal in Italy) to Milan is sold out
next one is at 9:25Am through Bologna connection
Frecciargento 9415 Venezia S. Lucia09:25 Bologna Centrale 10:50
Frecciarossa 9518 Bologna Centrale 11:38 Milano Centrale 12:40
And it seems that the seats are getting over quickly. Is this my best option. Or Renting a car make any sense.
Finally, I need to buy Swiss Pass, Where do I get one, Should I break the travel from Milan at Lugano, get the Pass and take the next train?
Thanks in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 German Train travel
- 2 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 3 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 4 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 5 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 6 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 7 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 8 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 9 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 10 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 11 Uber in Poland and Germany
- 12 Trip to London with side trip to Wales/daytrip?
- 13 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 14 Northern Italian Food
- 15 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 16 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 17 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 18 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 19 ANDALUCIA IN AUTUMN
- 20 Cost of Van from CDG
- 21 Provence to Nice driving
- 22 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 23 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 24 Barcelona on budget
- 25 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out