This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers). Our latest plan is
Rome - 7days(22nd to 29th July)
Tuscany- 3 days (29th to 2nd August)
Venice - 3 days(2nd to 5th August)
I already have a running thread on the Venice
However I need some urgent help on to choose an apartment
This one is cheaper
I like this one, which is close to San Marco
This one looks good too
Residence Corte Nova
via castello 2869/a - 30122 Venezia. www.residencecortenova.com
Next Help is required on the travel -Any ideas/suggestions to get to Milan in the morning so that We could carry on to Wengen,Switzerland.
As per this web site http://www.fsitaliane.it/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=ad1ce14114bc9110VgnVCM10000080a3e90aRCRD
The morning train at 5:20AM (timing is insane or is this normal in Italy) to Milan is sold out
next one is at 9:25Am through Bologna connection
Frecciargento 9415 Venezia S. Lucia09:25 Bologna Centrale 10:50
Frecciarossa 9518 Bologna Centrale 11:38 Milano Centrale 12:40
And it seems that the seats are getting over quickly. Is this my best option. Or Renting a car make any sense.
Finally, I need to buy Swiss Pass, Where do I get one, Should I break the travel from Milan at Lugano, get the Pass and take the next train?
Thanks in Advance
In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 2 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 3 Portugal epidemic warning (November 2014)!
- 4 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 5 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 6 Day trips from Lisbon
- 7 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 8 Italian Lakes
- 9 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 10 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 11 3 weeks (actually 20 nights!) in Spain
- 12 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 13 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 14 No Pooh in Poland
- 15 Another Paris apartment and Navigo Dcouverte thread
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Help with a short post-cruise stay in (potentially) Sorrento
- 18 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 19 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 20 Taormina Sicily
- 21 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 22 Which West & East European Countries give the best bang for the buck?
- 23 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 24 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 25 Naxos in May