This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers). Our latest plan is
Rome - 7days(22nd to 29th July)
Tuscany- 3 days (29th to 2nd August)
Venice - 3 days(2nd to 5th August)
I already have a running thread on the Venice
However I need some urgent help on to choose an apartment
This one is cheaper
I like this one, which is close to San Marco
This one looks good too
Residence Corte Nova
via castello 2869/a - 30122 Venezia. www.residencecortenova.com
Next Help is required on the travel -Any ideas/suggestions to get to Milan in the morning so that We could carry on to Wengen,Switzerland.
As per this web site http://www.fsitaliane.it/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=ad1ce14114bc9110VgnVCM10000080a3e90aRCRD
The morning train at 5:20AM (timing is insane or is this normal in Italy) to Milan is sold out
next one is at 9:25Am through Bologna connection
Frecciargento 9415 Venezia S. Lucia09:25 Bologna Centrale 10:50
Frecciarossa 9518 Bologna Centrale 11:38 Milano Centrale 12:40
And it seems that the seats are getting over quickly. Is this my best option. Or Renting a car make any sense.
Finally, I need to buy Swiss Pass, Where do I get one, Should I break the travel from Milan at Lugano, get the Pass and take the next train?
Thanks in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada to Madrid
- 2 First trip to Italy
- 3 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 4 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 7 House Hunting in France
- 8 If you had to choose one......
- 9 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 10 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 11 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 12 Driving in Italy?
- 13 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 14 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 15 Croatia trip Planning
- 16 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 So much to do, so little time!
- 18 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 19 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 20 English Countryside
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 25 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out