This is our first visit to Italy.(We are no expert nor seasoned travelers). Our latest plan is
Rome - 7days(22nd to 29th July)
Tuscany- 3 days (29th to 2nd August)
Venice - 3 days(2nd to 5th August)
I already have a running thread on the Venice
However I need some urgent help on to choose an apartment
This one is cheaper
I like this one, which is close to San Marco
This one looks good too
Residence Corte Nova
via castello 2869/a - 30122 Venezia. www.residencecortenova.com
Next Help is required on the travel -Any ideas/suggestions to get to Milan in the morning so that We could carry on to Wengen,Switzerland.
As per this web site http://www.fsitaliane.it/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=ad1ce14114bc9110VgnVCM10000080a3e90aRCRD
The morning train at 5:20AM (timing is insane or is this normal in Italy) to Milan is sold out
next one is at 9:25Am through Bologna connection
Frecciargento 9415 Venezia S. Lucia09:25 Bologna Centrale 10:50
Frecciarossa 9518 Bologna Centrale 11:38 Milano Centrale 12:40
And it seems that the seats are getting over quickly. Is this my best option. Or Renting a car make any sense.
Finally, I need to buy Swiss Pass, Where do I get one, Should I break the travel from Milan at Lugano, get the Pass and take the next train?
Thanks in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 2 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 3 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 4 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 5 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 6 Lyon france-- rental car
- 7 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 8 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 9 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 10 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 11 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 12 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 13 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 14 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 15 Greece mainland and islands
- 16 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 17 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 18 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 19 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 20 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 23 Oyster card?
- 24 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out