My wife and I will be visiting Slovenia next summer and will be spending a few days on the coast. Is it better to stay in Piran or in Trieste, Italy? How do they compare as far as general atmosphere, proximity to other sites and beaches, quality of hotels and restaurants, and any other intangibles? We will have a car. Thanks for any advice.
In Slovenia: Trieste vs. Piran- Where to Stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 2 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 3 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 4 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 5 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 6 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 7 Italy things to do?
- 8 Getting cash in Spain
- 9 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 10 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 11 St. Paul's Cathedral bells
- 12 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 13 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 14 How to do St. Petersburg in 24 or 48 hours with no visa?
- 15 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 16 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 17 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 18 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 19 A town in France for a month
- 20 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 21 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 22 Spend the day in Geneva or go straight to Chamonix?
- 23 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 24 Stay away from EF Tours
- 25 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?