We are planning a trip to Iceland in March hoping to see the Northern Lights. I have found two types of packages - one to Hofn in the southeast and one to Lake Myvran (sp?) in the north. Has anyone went in search of the Northern Lights in Iceland? Any luck? Any advice? Are the odds better one month over another? I read somewhere that March is the likliest month. Is this type of trip do-able as independent travelers or should we go the package route? Any recommendations for packages? Any help or advice at all would be wonderful.
In Search of the Northern Lights
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona Transfers
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 4 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 5 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 6 Ireland in a week
- 7 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 8 Spain - Andalucia
- 9 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 10 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 11 TGV and Provence questions
- 12 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 13 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 14 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 15 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 16 2 Week European Itinerary
- 17 Chambermaid tipping
- 18 Channel Islands
- 19 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 20 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 21 Car in Prague
- 22 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 23 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 24 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 25 Rome Accommodation