We are planning a trip to Iceland in March hoping to see the Northern Lights. I have found two types of packages - one to Hofn in the southeast and one to Lake Myvran (sp?) in the north. Has anyone went in search of the Northern Lights in Iceland? Any luck? Any advice? Are the odds better one month over another? I read somewhere that March is the likliest month. Is this type of trip do-able as independent travelers or should we go the package route? Any recommendations for packages? Any help or advice at all would be wonderful.
In Search of the Northern Lights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 4 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 5 Avignon to London?
- 6 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 9 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 12 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 13 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 16 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 17 Traveling to Munich
- 18 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 19 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 20 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 21 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 22 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 23 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 24 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 25 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)