We landed in Paris yesterday mid-morning. Everything great so far EXCEPT American Airlines seems to have mixed up/lost our checked in bag (
Detailed at http://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/need-lost-luggage-help.cfm)
I would love to have some recommendations on stores/store chains for reasonably priced basic wear for or me, my wife and our three and a half year old. (Almost all our clothes were checked in and we need to buy at least some change of clothes and undergarments to survive)
Also need to buy bedtime reading books for a toddler. (My three and a half year old is badly missing his books from the check-in. He started sobbing last night when there was no books to read. Didn't realize he is that attached to his reading objects ..)
We are in 13e on Rue Chandon. If you guys have any recommendation for stores/chains/bookshops (English books?) nearby, that would be awesome. Have no experience with shopping in France at all (except grocery shopping from yesterday!)
Lastly, would much appreciate any advise on what is the best course of action regarding the lost luggage. Would it help to personally land up in CDG tomorrow morning?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frankfurt to UK
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 God Save the Queen?
- 4 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 5 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 6 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 7 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 8 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 17 Spanish Medical Providers
- 18 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 19 Paris to Italy
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 22 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 23 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 24 Road trip with our dog
- 25 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
In Paris - need to replace some lost luggage somewhat urgently