We landed in Paris yesterday mid-morning. Everything great so far EXCEPT American Airlines seems to have mixed up/lost our checked in bag (
Detailed at http://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/need-lost-luggage-help.cfm)
I would love to have some recommendations on stores/store chains for reasonably priced basic wear for or me, my wife and our three and a half year old. (Almost all our clothes were checked in and we need to buy at least some change of clothes and undergarments to survive)
Also need to buy bedtime reading books for a toddler. (My three and a half year old is badly missing his books from the check-in. He started sobbing last night when there was no books to read. Didn't realize he is that attached to his reading objects ..)
We are in 13e on Rue Chandon. If you guys have any recommendation for stores/chains/bookshops (English books?) nearby, that would be awesome. Have no experience with shopping in France at all (except grocery shopping from yesterday!)
Lastly, would much appreciate any advise on what is the best course of action regarding the lost luggage. Would it help to personally land up in CDG tomorrow morning?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is England's equivalent to the US's Better Business Bureau
- 2 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 3 Honeymoon in Greece
- 4 Two for One Days OUt
- 5 Tour of Northern Italy
- 6 Traveling Solo to the Baltics
- 7 Italy for Christmas Week
- 8 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 9 restaurants in Marais district
- 10 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 11 Shoes in Scotland
- 12 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 13 A Month stay in Southern France
- 14 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 15 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 16 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 17 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 18 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 21 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 22 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 23 Easiest London Airport for Transfer To/From Heathrow
- 24 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 25 France & Italy, May or June
In Paris - need to replace some lost luggage somewhat urgently