We landed in Paris yesterday mid-morning. Everything great so far EXCEPT American Airlines seems to have mixed up/lost our checked in bag (
Detailed at http://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/need-lost-luggage-help.cfm)
I would love to have some recommendations on stores/store chains for reasonably priced basic wear for or me, my wife and our three and a half year old. (Almost all our clothes were checked in and we need to buy at least some change of clothes and undergarments to survive)
Also need to buy bedtime reading books for a toddler. (My three and a half year old is badly missing his books from the check-in. He started sobbing last night when there was no books to read. Didn't realize he is that attached to his reading objects ..)
We are in 13e on Rue Chandon. If you guys have any recommendation for stores/chains/bookshops (English books?) nearby, that would be awesome. Have no experience with shopping in France at all (except grocery shopping from yesterday!)
Lastly, would much appreciate any advise on what is the best course of action regarding the lost luggage. Would it help to personally land up in CDG tomorrow morning?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Now to Madrid
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Chania
- 4 Edinbrugh
- 5 Berlin to ?
- 6 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 7 Hotels in Turin
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 10 Studying art in English in venice
- 11 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 12 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 13 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 14 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 15 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 16 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 3 days solo in London
- 19 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 20 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 21 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 22 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 23 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 24 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 25 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
In Paris - need to replace some lost luggage somewhat urgently