We're staying in Lisboa for 4 days in mid-March. Can anyone help me with a few simple questions?
1. We think we have the hotels narrowed down to the Olissipo Lapa & the Pestana. Both seem to exude old-world charm, although from our reading the Pestana may be somewhat better located. We will not be keeping a car so walking distance to attractions and public transportation is very important.
Can anyone render an opinion? We LOVE old-world hotels and would prefer not to stay in a more conventional facility if possible. The Britania (#1 on TA) seems lovely but it seems so much more modern (even though it's advertised as "art-deco").
Does anyone know how much of a hassle/time factor is involved in getting to and from the hotel from the airport? On our last night we are considering transferring to a hotel at the airport because of a very early-morning flight the next day. Should we bother changing hotels for this reason, and if so, what is a nice-ish hotel at the airport?
2. What kind of weather should we expect in mid-March? The weather underground seems to suggest mid-60's during the day, but not a lot of sunshine. Is this accurate?
3. Finally, I am reading mixed reviews of Lisboa itself. Some people seem to love the city but some have complained bitterly that it is dirty and filled with homeless and beggars.
Which is true? How can we maximize our stay there? We love to wander around on foot and explore shops and back alleys and stuff. Are there place/neighborhoods to avoid? Must see?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 2 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 5 Andalucia Spain
- 6 Amsterdam and...?
- 7 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 8 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 9 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 10 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 11 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 12 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 13 Driving in Italy
- 14 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 15 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 16 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 17 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 18 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 19 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 20 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 21 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 22 Paris to Bordeaux
- 23 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 24 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 25 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
In Lisbon, Portugal, Olissipo Lapa vs. Pestana and a few more q's please.