We're staying in Lisboa for 4 days in mid-March. Can anyone help me with a few simple questions?
1. We think we have the hotels narrowed down to the Olissipo Lapa & the Pestana. Both seem to exude old-world charm, although from our reading the Pestana may be somewhat better located. We will not be keeping a car so walking distance to attractions and public transportation is very important.
Can anyone render an opinion? We LOVE old-world hotels and would prefer not to stay in a more conventional facility if possible. The Britania (#1 on TA) seems lovely but it seems so much more modern (even though it's advertised as "art-deco").
Does anyone know how much of a hassle/time factor is involved in getting to and from the hotel from the airport? On our last night we are considering transferring to a hotel at the airport because of a very early-morning flight the next day. Should we bother changing hotels for this reason, and if so, what is a nice-ish hotel at the airport?
2. What kind of weather should we expect in mid-March? The weather underground seems to suggest mid-60's during the day, but not a lot of sunshine. Is this accurate?
3. Finally, I am reading mixed reviews of Lisboa itself. Some people seem to love the city but some have complained bitterly that it is dirty and filled with homeless and beggars.
Which is true? How can we maximize our stay there? We love to wander around on foot and explore shops and back alleys and stuff. Are there place/neighborhoods to avoid? Must see?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid food advice needed
- 2 Need help in completing trip details
- 3 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 4 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 5 Split to Hvar
- 6 Paris for children
- 7 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 8 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 9 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 10 Which area to stay in London
- 11 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 12 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 13 Algarve - is it for me?
- 14 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 15 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 16 Itinery help Crete
- 17 Naples + Walking Tour
- 18 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 19 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 20 TIM in FCO - update
- 21 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 22 16 days in France and Italy
- 23 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 24 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
In Lisbon, Portugal, Olissipo Lapa vs. Pestana and a few more q's please.