We are in Lucca tonight and tomorrow will be driving to Rome for our departing flight on Saturday. Has anyone gone to see the sunken Costa Concordia? We don't have any plans for tomorrow other than the drive to the airport hotel. Would it be worth it to take the coast road to see the ship? Can you even get near the shore? I googled and I think the ship is at Giglio Porto Italy. Is that right? Has anyone driven there? I know it sounds kind of goulish but how many times can you see a ship on it's side. Thanks for any quick help.
In Italy, need answer about Costa Concordia quick
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 2 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 3 A Greek sojourn
- 4 Autumn in Paris
- 5 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 6 Is Venice really dirty?
- 7 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 8 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 9 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 10 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 11 Weekend in Norfolk
- 12 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 13 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 14 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 15 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 18 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 19 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 Burgundy in May
- 22 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 23 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 24 St Germain
- 25 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??