We are in Lucca tonight and tomorrow will be driving to Rome for our departing flight on Saturday. Has anyone gone to see the sunken Costa Concordia? We don't have any plans for tomorrow other than the drive to the airport hotel. Would it be worth it to take the coast road to see the ship? Can you even get near the shore? I googled and I think the ship is at Giglio Porto Italy. Is that right? Has anyone driven there? I know it sounds kind of goulish but how many times can you see a ship on it's side. Thanks for any quick help.
In Italy, need answer about Costa Concordia quick
View all Europe activity »
- 1 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 2 Euro Train
- 3 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 4 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 5 first european holiday itinery
- 6 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 7 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 12 Cyprus in December
- 13 Cyprus photo gallery
- 14 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Which travel plan?
- 17 Florence in October
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 20 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 21 Advises for trip to Russia
- 22 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 23 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 24 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 25 Car in Prague