I am a very long time preparing material to this blog and that's happened, I completed the installation. Even a light mondrazh there, because I want to blog was not boring as the video itself on our trip to Prague and Germany, and to everyone watching with his interest in this material. I have to say that there will be only three blog and accordingly three videos about the trip to Prague, Karlovy Vary and Dresden.
Our trip began on the eve of Catholic Easter, and we went from Riga evening of March 24. We faced a long road to Prague at night, long in more than 1400 km in one direction. So far I'm behind the wheel has not yet traveled to their 12ti year old Mercedes. Looking ahead to say that the machine did not fail even once in all the way, for which a separate merci, thank you. So the road at night is particularly difficult due to the fact that our departure was after work and we went not with full force.
The roads are good almost everywhere. All Lithuania normal good road, but from the border with Lithuania to Warsaw as it is not very much was. It is evident that the Poles do not invest money is in the transit road. Or have some other reason for it. Not the point. The point is only that Warsaw until the end of our point we will have great track and highways. I never even went on such a good road with such confidence. Our cruising speed of up to Prague was approximately 140-180 km / h. Perhaps if riding day it would be possible and faster. And by the way is not known but still was tired at night as it is uncomfortable to go faster. Not without what we have lost and not much off course. Where we have lost about 30-60 minutes. It is not known. Because of the fact that off course the navigator took us some sort of Czech villages to Prague instead of the usual motorway.
On arrival to Prague, all weariness gone, after we saw this wonderful city and fall in love with him. Prague is very hilly, which gives the city a special charm and you can always find a place from which you can see the city from high. Arrival time in Prague was 12 noon. That is all the way from Riga to Prague, we took about 18 hours. Given that we did stop for lunch, toilets and breakfast. Immediately upon arrival we were settled into our rented apartment in the city center via AirBnB. It was the first time to use this service. And without pitfalls. The apartment was old, but very clean, in the very center (next to the Charles Bridge), and free WiFi. We drank Czech beer and immediately went to sleep after a long journey. Sleep we went for a walk at night Prague and looking for a place where to dine.
Prague city is not cheap, but we knew very well, and the prices do not scare us, we were ready for them. Though despite this, we were able to find a very good place for dinner which is right on the main square of the old town of Prague.
Very beautiful city especially at night, some sort of mystery in the air. But there was another day in Prague, and he was in daylight, but that's in the next blog. In the meantime, enjoy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 9 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 11 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 12 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 13 Planning A trip
- 14 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 15 Driving through Paris
- 16 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 19 Bruges
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 23 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 24 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 25 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish