My friends and I are planning to visit Sicily and Malta this Thanksgiving (yes we like to plan our holidays way in advance). We are planning to spend 3-4 days in Sicily and 3-4 days in Malta. I have a few questions as I plan our itinerary and hopefully you can help me out.
1. We are planning to stay in Valleta and do a day trip to Gozo. Is this do-able?
2. We are choosing between Palermo and Catania for our Sicily visit. Which one should we visit? The problem with Palermo is that Air Malta stops flying into that city from Malta in November so there is no easy way to travel from Palermo to Valleta. For Catania, we can easily hop on a ferry to get to Malta. Any suggestion? I heard Palermo is a must see in Sicily.
3. Are these places good to visit in late November weather wise?
Any advice you can give us will be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland early december visit
- 2 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 3 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 4 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 6 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 9 Italy Car Scam
- 10 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 11 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 Barcelona alternative
- 14 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 15 Frankfurt to UK
- 16 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 17 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 18 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 19 God Save the Queen?
- 20 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 21 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 22 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 23 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 24 Paris to Italy
- 25 9 Days in Spain
In Dire Need of Your Advice -- Malta & Sicily Itinerary Planning