My friends and I are planning to visit Sicily and Malta this Thanksgiving (yes we like to plan our holidays way in advance). We are planning to spend 3-4 days in Sicily and 3-4 days in Malta. I have a few questions as I plan our itinerary and hopefully you can help me out.
1. We are planning to stay in Valleta and do a day trip to Gozo. Is this do-able?
2. We are choosing between Palermo and Catania for our Sicily visit. Which one should we visit? The problem with Palermo is that Air Malta stops flying into that city from Malta in November so there is no easy way to travel from Palermo to Valleta. For Catania, we can easily hop on a ferry to get to Malta. Any suggestion? I heard Palermo is a must see in Sicily.
3. Are these places good to visit in late November weather wise?
Any advice you can give us will be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 2 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 3 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 4 Salzburg itinerary review
- 5 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 6 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 7 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 10 Milan and Lake Como
- 11 weekend from cologne germany
- 12 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 13 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 14 Switzerland in September
- 15 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 16 Where to eat in Rome?
- 17 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 18 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 19 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Positano or Sorrento?
- 22 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 23 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 24 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 25 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
In Dire Need of Your Advice -- Malta & Sicily Itinerary Planning