My friends and I are planning to visit Sicily and Malta this Thanksgiving (yes we like to plan our holidays way in advance). We are planning to spend 3-4 days in Sicily and 3-4 days in Malta. I have a few questions as I plan our itinerary and hopefully you can help me out.
1. We are planning to stay in Valleta and do a day trip to Gozo. Is this do-able?
2. We are choosing between Palermo and Catania for our Sicily visit. Which one should we visit? The problem with Palermo is that Air Malta stops flying into that city from Malta in November so there is no easy way to travel from Palermo to Valleta. For Catania, we can easily hop on a ferry to get to Malta. Any suggestion? I heard Palermo is a must see in Sicily.
3. Are these places good to visit in late November weather wise?
Any advice you can give us will be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 2 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 3 Hotels in Turin
- 4 Help on ancient history route
- 5 3 days solo in London
- 6 Chania
- 7 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 8 Now to Madrid
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 11 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 12 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 13 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 14 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 15 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 16 Sicily: which coast?
- 17 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 18 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 21 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 22 Edinbrugh
- 23 Berlin to ?
- 24 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 25 Studying art in English in venice
In Dire Need of Your Advice -- Malta & Sicily Itinerary Planning