I just read that October 4 is the Feast of San Petronio, the patron saint of Bologna. So far the only information I can find about what that means, as a practical matter, is that it is sort of a "bank holiday" so banks and shops (some? all?) will be closed (it is a Thursday). We will be in Bologna that day, so I'm curious to find out. I assume there will be some sort of religious ceremony at the Basilica of San Petronio, but would like to know what if anything else will happen.
Are there any other special festive events, such as a street or food festival to mark the Feast Day? I've found nothing about it on the Bologna Welcome website. I googled it and found that there was a "Sfoglio D'oro" competition (a pasta-making competition) last year that was held around that time, but it was not on the actual feast day--it was 2 days before. From what I've found, it looks like the Sfoglio D'oro for 2012 is part of a Bologna wine and food event Oct 4-7 which could be fun--but I can't find any further info beyond the dates.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:54O :683O YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Guide for Nowa Huta?
- 3 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 4 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 5 Airport Transit Visa
- 6 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 7 Travelling Iceland
- 8 Italian lake cruise
- 9 Paris advice with kids
- 10 Tuscany Itinerary
- 11 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 14 Route Information
- 15 International drivers permit
- 16 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 17 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 18 french italian Riviera overnight stop noli, cervo, san remo, menton, other?
- 19 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 20 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 21 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 22 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 23 alcazar question and seville advice
- 24 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 25 My Topic TitleT 10 card question