I just read that October 4 is the Feast of San Petronio, the patron saint of Bologna. So far the only information I can find about what that means, as a practical matter, is that it is sort of a "bank holiday" so banks and shops (some? all?) will be closed (it is a Thursday). We will be in Bologna that day, so I'm curious to find out. I assume there will be some sort of religious ceremony at the Basilica of San Petronio, but would like to know what if anything else will happen.
Are there any other special festive events, such as a street or food festival to mark the Feast Day? I've found nothing about it on the Bologna Welcome website. I googled it and found that there was a "Sfoglio D'oro" competition (a pasta-making competition) last year that was held around that time, but it was not on the actual feast day--it was 2 days before. From what I've found, it looks like the Sfoglio D'oro for 2012 is part of a Bologna wine and food event Oct 4-7 which could be fun--but I can't find any further info beyond the dates.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 8 Can parking
- 9 italy Cinque Terre
- 10 San Sebastián
- 11 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 12 Zurich to Milan trip
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 21 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 22 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 25 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome