I just read that October 4 is the Feast of San Petronio, the patron saint of Bologna. So far the only information I can find about what that means, as a practical matter, is that it is sort of a "bank holiday" so banks and shops (some? all?) will be closed (it is a Thursday). We will be in Bologna that day, so I'm curious to find out. I assume there will be some sort of religious ceremony at the Basilica of San Petronio, but would like to know what if anything else will happen.
Are there any other special festive events, such as a street or food festival to mark the Feast Day? I've found nothing about it on the Bologna Welcome website. I googled it and found that there was a "Sfoglio D'oro" competition (a pasta-making competition) last year that was held around that time, but it was not on the actual feast day--it was 2 days before. From what I've found, it looks like the Sfoglio D'oro for 2012 is part of a Bologna wine and food event Oct 4-7 which could be fun--but I can't find any further info beyond the dates.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 2 Renting a car in Greece
- 3 renting a car in greece
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 6 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 9 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 10 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 11 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 12 retruning to US with souveniers
- 13 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 14 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 15 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 18 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 19 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 20 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 Can you locate this picture in Greece?