I am determined to use my free airline passes so I am continuing with my research of the Balkans. In regard to Romania and Bulgaria, I have made much progress. However, a frustrating thing for me is that there is truly very little travel guides out there for Serbia and Montenegro. Sure, there is something, but there are only 2 resources I generally trust: Yahoo! Travel and Fodor’s. Lonely Planet and other sources generally try to sell you on everywhere whereas Fodor’s and especially Yahoo! Travel are blunt-whether giving a positive or negative assessment.
Based on some research I did, Serbia’s Province of Vojvodina somewhat sparks my interest. If you don’t already know from my numerous postings, sightseeing and architecture are my key interests (historic and impressive-looking towns with beautiful buildings all over the place). Of course I am interested in culture, but I never worry about encountering this in Europe because it is simply everywhere you turn!
Novi Sad and Sremski Karlovci are two towns that I have heard of. If anyone has been, please tell me if based on my interests, you think I would enjoy a visit to these 2 places. Moreover, if you think of any other towns, cities or villages that I might be interested in, then please let me know.
About tourism in Serbia and Montenegro, I gather that it is best for tourists to be accompanied by a guide of some sort. In other words, Serbia is dissimilar to Croatia and Slovenia in the sense that in Croatia and Slovenia, tourists just show up and roam around as they would anywhere in Western Europe. Do you think I have the right impression or am I way off? Anyways, I await your responses…
Oh, by the way, do you guys find the people over there to be friendly? Do they speak English?
Impressions of Serbia and Montenegro
- 1 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 2 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?
- 3 BULGARIA/GOLDEN SANDS/BALKAN HOLIDAYS
- 4 Golden Sands Bulgaria online guide
- 5 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 6 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 7 American Citizen Buying a Home in Spain
- 8 Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
- 9 Rome's night of the museums 18 May 2013
- 10 Travel in Spain
- 11 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 12 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 13 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 14 Gothenburg or Aarhus?
- 15 Seems to me this forum is a lot less active than in years past....
- 16 Lucerne where to stay
- 17 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 18 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 19 I Need To Vent!
- 20 France: CDG to Beaune
- 21 Athens licensed tour guide
- 22 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 23 Transportation from Landshut to Munich Airport?
- 24 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 25 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy