I'm looking for an ideal village in Italy to stay in (for between 3 and 6 weeks) and soak up the ambience. We had a few days in Castelmola in Sicily in 2008 and loved it. We promised ourselves we would return to there (or another village) for a longer time. It would be our intention to try to rent an apartment or similar and as much as possible live like a local. We are not fussed about which part of Italy / Sicily.
I'm looking for an ideal village
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 2 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 3 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 4 Scotland Votes "No"
- 5 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 8 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 9 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 10 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 11 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 12 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 13 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 14 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 15 White Christmas
- 16 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 Gtg San Antonio
- 19 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 20 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 21 Two weeks Verona, Bologna and Venice - time for other day trips?
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Gift for French business associate
- 24 Wine tour from Verona?
- 25 Aix En Provence to Marsilles or Nice for a few days?