It's nice to meet you all!
Before I introduce myself and ask a question I'd like to take a moment to thank all you Fodorites for posting. These forums have been undeniably helpful during my travels and planning, and after a long period of lurking I've finally decided to join and post
I'm a solo female traveller in my mid -late twenties, currently galavanting around the Aegean in Greece. On a whim today I booked a flight to Paris, hence the lateness in planning. My flight lands in Paris at around .8.30pm so I doubt I'll be able to do anything during my first night there, however I was hoping for some help in regards toan efficient itinerary for the rest of the time
The hotel I will be staying at is the Relais Bosquet, right near the Eiffel Tower and the Seine, so I will be within easy walking distance to most of the sights and I plan to use the batons as transport too.
I have been a fashion design and fine art student and. I'm interested in both of these things, so I will definitely be visiting some museums and galleries while in Paris.
The basic draft itinerary of what I think I'll be doing is below. If you have any sugestions please let me know. asap
21st April- arrive in Paris at 8.30 pm at CDG airport. Will probably pick up something to eat there as I don't know wether I'll be able to find an open restaurant by the time I get my bag, get to the hotel and check in.
22nd April - find a place for breakfast or have it at the hotel. Go to the Eiffel Tower - can you skip the lines there with the Paris pass? I'll be buying the pass when I arrive at the airport, I think you can do that don't know what to do for the rest of this day. Perhaps walk along the Seine to notre dame & visit the orsay? Any suggestions on lunch?
23rd - visit the Louvre and perhaps picnic in the Luxembourg gardens? Maybe tuleries on the way back?
I honestly have no idea yet as to what to do with my other days in Paris. There is so much that I'm a bit overwhelmed. ID like to visit l'Orangerie and the Pompidou. Etc. ID also like to eat somewhere special for at least one night - and try a good boeuf bourgingong somewhere. Over also found on my travels that I enjoy just sitting down with a cocktail and a snack for an hour or so, just watching the world go by. Is Bar Hemingway at the Ritz worth going to for this? I prefer anice view, wether it be the view of cute waiters or the skyline of Paris I'd be happy with either
As far as shopping - vintage clothing stores and cool boutiques + artisan food shops are right up my alley. Unfortunately I have champagne taste on a beer budget
My daily budget ( not including hotel room) will be around €100-130 per day.
Thanks for taking the time to read and help me with my itinerary. I'm a bit lost on this. Also, apologies in advance for any incoherenclies or typos or if the txt looks a bit strange. TI'm using my mobile phone to access the internet and the screen is quite small.
hbanks again, let me know if I've forgotten to mention anything!
I'm a first timer in Paris with 5 days to explore - itinerary help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 2 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 3 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 4 London hotel
- 5 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Day trip from London to Paris
- 8 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 11 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 12 Welcome
- 13 Prague - Tram #22
- 14 hotels in Seville
- 15 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 16 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 17 Three days in Spain
- 18 Location of hotel in Rome
- 19 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 20 Need advice for this
- 21 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 22 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 23 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 24 one last portugal car rental question
- 25 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do