It's nice to meet you all!
Before I introduce myself and ask a question I'd like to take a moment to thank all you Fodorites for posting. These forums have been undeniably helpful during my travels and planning, and after a long period of lurking I've finally decided to join and post
I'm a solo female traveller in my mid -late twenties, currently galavanting around the Aegean in Greece. On a whim today I booked a flight to Paris, hence the lateness in planning. My flight lands in Paris at around .8.30pm so I doubt I'll be able to do anything during my first night there, however I was hoping for some help in regards toan efficient itinerary for the rest of the time
The hotel I will be staying at is the Relais Bosquet, right near the Eiffel Tower and the Seine, so I will be within easy walking distance to most of the sights and I plan to use the batons as transport too.
I have been a fashion design and fine art student and. I'm interested in both of these things, so I will definitely be visiting some museums and galleries while in Paris.
The basic draft itinerary of what I think I'll be doing is below. If you have any sugestions please let me know. asap
21st April- arrive in Paris at 8.30 pm at CDG airport. Will probably pick up something to eat there as I don't know wether I'll be able to find an open restaurant by the time I get my bag, get to the hotel and check in.
22nd April - find a place for breakfast or have it at the hotel. Go to the Eiffel Tower - can you skip the lines there with the Paris pass? I'll be buying the pass when I arrive at the airport, I think you can do that don't know what to do for the rest of this day. Perhaps walk along the Seine to notre dame & visit the orsay? Any suggestions on lunch?
23rd - visit the Louvre and perhaps picnic in the Luxembourg gardens? Maybe tuleries on the way back?
I honestly have no idea yet as to what to do with my other days in Paris. There is so much that I'm a bit overwhelmed. ID like to visit l'Orangerie and the Pompidou. Etc. ID also like to eat somewhere special for at least one night - and try a good boeuf bourgingong somewhere. Over also found on my travels that I enjoy just sitting down with a cocktail and a snack for an hour or so, just watching the world go by. Is Bar Hemingway at the Ritz worth going to for this? I prefer anice view, wether it be the view of cute waiters or the skyline of Paris I'd be happy with either
As far as shopping - vintage clothing stores and cool boutiques + artisan food shops are right up my alley. Unfortunately I have champagne taste on a beer budget
My daily budget ( not including hotel room) will be around €100-130 per day.
Thanks for taking the time to read and help me with my itinerary. I'm a bit lost on this. Also, apologies in advance for any incoherenclies or typos or if the txt looks a bit strange. TI'm using my mobile phone to access the internet and the screen is quite small.
hbanks again, let me know if I've forgotten to mention anything!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does my Switzerland Itinerray makes sense
- 2 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 3 A special promotion in a special place to stay on Corsica
- 4 Sentimental Journey
- 5 Wolverhampton - York - Durham - Edinburgh
- 6 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 7 Change of Itinerary? to Refocus on Basque country (Spain&France)
- 8 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 9 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 10 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 11 Trying to decide on a Colmar hotel for 4 nights
- 12 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 13 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 14 Nocelle on the Amalfi Coast
- 15 Women's semi-stylish, comfortable shoes?
- 16 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 17 Advice please: 10 days in South-West England with a toddler
- 18 Netflix and Hulu
- 19 Taxi Heathrow
- 20 Car rental return Nice
- 21 3/4/ days South of France
- 22 Rental car return in Nice
- 23 Antwerp Tram
- 24 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 25 Paris hotels
I'm a first timer in Paris with 5 days to explore - itinerary help?