It's nice to meet you all!
Before I introduce myself and ask a question I'd like to take a moment to thank all you Fodorites for posting. These forums have been undeniably helpful during my travels and planning, and after a long period of lurking I've finally decided to join and post
I'm a solo female traveller in my mid -late twenties, currently galavanting around the Aegean in Greece. On a whim today I booked a flight to Paris, hence the lateness in planning. My flight lands in Paris at around .8.30pm so I doubt I'll be able to do anything during my first night there, however I was hoping for some help in regards toan efficient itinerary for the rest of the time
The hotel I will be staying at is the Relais Bosquet, right near the Eiffel Tower and the Seine, so I will be within easy walking distance to most of the sights and I plan to use the batons as transport too.
I have been a fashion design and fine art student and. I'm interested in both of these things, so I will definitely be visiting some museums and galleries while in Paris.
The basic draft itinerary of what I think I'll be doing is below. If you have any sugestions please let me know. asap
21st April- arrive in Paris at 8.30 pm at CDG airport. Will probably pick up something to eat there as I don't know wether I'll be able to find an open restaurant by the time I get my bag, get to the hotel and check in.
22nd April - find a place for breakfast or have it at the hotel. Go to the Eiffel Tower - can you skip the lines there with the Paris pass? I'll be buying the pass when I arrive at the airport, I think you can do that don't know what to do for the rest of this day. Perhaps walk along the Seine to notre dame & visit the orsay? Any suggestions on lunch?
23rd - visit the Louvre and perhaps picnic in the Luxembourg gardens? Maybe tuleries on the way back?
I honestly have no idea yet as to what to do with my other days in Paris. There is so much that I'm a bit overwhelmed. ID like to visit l'Orangerie and the Pompidou. Etc. ID also like to eat somewhere special for at least one night - and try a good boeuf bourgingong somewhere. Over also found on my travels that I enjoy just sitting down with a cocktail and a snack for an hour or so, just watching the world go by. Is Bar Hemingway at the Ritz worth going to for this? I prefer anice view, wether it be the view of cute waiters or the skyline of Paris I'd be happy with either
As far as shopping - vintage clothing stores and cool boutiques + artisan food shops are right up my alley. Unfortunately I have champagne taste on a beer budget
My daily budget ( not including hotel room) will be around €100-130 per day.
Thanks for taking the time to read and help me with my itinerary. I'm a bit lost on this. Also, apologies in advance for any incoherenclies or typos or if the txt looks a bit strange. TI'm using my mobile phone to access the internet and the screen is quite small.
hbanks again, let me know if I've forgotten to mention anything!
I'm a first timer in Paris with 5 days to explore - itinerary help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 2 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 3 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 4 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 5 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 6 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 7 5 Observations About Paris
- 8 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 9 Scotland November 2015
- 10 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 11 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 12 Amsterdam in the early 1980s
- 13 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 14 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 15 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 16 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 17 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 18 Is my plan ok
- 19 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 20 Reputable Tours
- 21 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 22 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 23 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 24 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 25 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?