It's nice to meet you all!
Before I introduce myself and ask a question I'd like to take a moment to thank all you Fodorites for posting. These forums have been undeniably helpful during my travels and planning, and after a long period of lurking I've finally decided to join and post
I'm a solo female traveller in my mid -late twenties, currently galavanting around the Aegean in Greece. On a whim today I booked a flight to Paris, hence the lateness in planning. My flight lands in Paris at around .8.30pm so I doubt I'll be able to do anything during my first night there, however I was hoping for some help in regards toan efficient itinerary for the rest of the time
The hotel I will be staying at is the Relais Bosquet, right near the Eiffel Tower and the Seine, so I will be within easy walking distance to most of the sights and I plan to use the batons as transport too.
I have been a fashion design and fine art student and. I'm interested in both of these things, so I will definitely be visiting some museums and galleries while in Paris.
The basic draft itinerary of what I think I'll be doing is below. If you have any sugestions please let me know. asap
21st April- arrive in Paris at 8.30 pm at CDG airport. Will probably pick up something to eat there as I don't know wether I'll be able to find an open restaurant by the time I get my bag, get to the hotel and check in.
22nd April - find a place for breakfast or have it at the hotel. Go to the Eiffel Tower - can you skip the lines there with the Paris pass? I'll be buying the pass when I arrive at the airport, I think you can do that don't know what to do for the rest of this day. Perhaps walk along the Seine to notre dame & visit the orsay? Any suggestions on lunch?
23rd - visit the Louvre and perhaps picnic in the Luxembourg gardens? Maybe tuleries on the way back?
I honestly have no idea yet as to what to do with my other days in Paris. There is so much that I'm a bit overwhelmed. ID like to visit l'Orangerie and the Pompidou. Etc. ID also like to eat somewhere special for at least one night - and try a good boeuf bourgingong somewhere. Over also found on my travels that I enjoy just sitting down with a cocktail and a snack for an hour or so, just watching the world go by. Is Bar Hemingway at the Ritz worth going to for this? I prefer anice view, wether it be the view of cute waiters or the skyline of Paris I'd be happy with either
As far as shopping - vintage clothing stores and cool boutiques + artisan food shops are right up my alley. Unfortunately I have champagne taste on a beer budget
My daily budget ( not including hotel room) will be around €100-130 per day.
Thanks for taking the time to read and help me with my itinerary. I'm a bit lost on this. Also, apologies in advance for any incoherenclies or typos or if the txt looks a bit strange. TI'm using my mobile phone to access the internet and the screen is quite small.
hbanks again, let me know if I've forgotten to mention anything!
I'm a first timer in Paris with 5 days to explore - itinerary help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswolds village base
- 2 Hotel in Rome?
- 3 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 4 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 5 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 6 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 7 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 8 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 9 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 10 Passport Delays
- 11 Wine tour from Verona?
- 12 May Trip to Germany and Switzerland - Munich and Lauterbrunnen - Hiking Included
- 13 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 14 Netherlands Delta Works
- 15 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 16 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 17 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 18 A full week in The Netherlands
- 19 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 20 Southern Italy without a Car
- 21 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 22 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 23 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 24 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 25 Prices in Dubrovnik