I'm traveling alone, looking to spend 2 weeks enjoying the beach and charming surroundings, but having trouble determining whether Ile de Re or Bassin d'Arcachon is better for this. Is 2 weeks too long for either place? Is Arcachon fairly commercial/built up? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Baltic cruise ports
- 2 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 3 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 4 Questions for Paris residents
- 5 Central European train travel
- 6 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 7 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 8 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 9 Berlin: evening dining
- 10 Stay in Venice
- 11 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 12 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 13 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 14 Looking for a Lobo-mau GTG + recommendations in Lisbon
- 15 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 16 Mont St. Michele?
- 17 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 18 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 19 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 20 London Weekend
- 21 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 22 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 23 Amsterdam with young toddler
- 24 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 25 British Honeymoon!