If you had to choose between a week in the Dordogne around Sarlat, Roacamdour area or Provence around St Remy, what would you choose? Right now I'm leaning towards the Dordogne , perhaps because I've done more research into the area. Even though Provence sounds like "the" area to see, I'm a little concerned about it being too touristy and crowded, not that the sights in Dordogne won't be too. We're having to cut back on our trip by a week, so must choose between these two areas. We're doing a week in Paris with a day trip or two (Versailles ), a couple days in Normandy and then an extra week for either the Dordogne or Provence. Also, any comments on Normandy would be appreciated too. We only have a couple days, so I'm thinking one in Bayeux to tour the Omaha beach tour and then maybe one to two days near Honfleur or Le Havre. Kids aren't much for history, but I think they have to do the tour to appreciate the sacrifices made for us. Any recommendations on a shorter tour? Sorry, this ended up being a long winded question, maybe should have made it two.
If you had to choose...
- 1 Am I too fat too travel?
- 2 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 3 Best area to stay in Rome
- 4 Rhine River Lights Fireworks
- 5 Chech Republic, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Slovenia in 3 weeks
- 6 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 7 June Provence Itinerary - Go to Sault??
- 8 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 9 Paris Ticket t+
- 10 Scotland: Mellerstain House or Floors Castle?
- 11 Yorkshire Dales and Moors home base? (and other questions)
- 12 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 13 One week in Norway
- 14 Vueling - Be Very Careful
- 15 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 16 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 17 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 18 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 19 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 20 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 21 Christmas Markets - Frankfurt or Copenhagen
- 22 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 23 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 24 France Itinerary Help
- 25 pier in Copenhagen