We are traveling to Italy later this month. I have read numerous threads about the advantages of debit cards, credit cards, ATMs, etc., all that can be used to make purchases and/or obtain Euros at ATMs. Is it necessary to purchase any traveler checks before leaving home and paying a 1-2% sales commssion just to exchange them for Euros immediately upon arrival at the airport in Italy? Why not take US dollars and ATM cards to purchase Euros? Comments please about the need for travel checks, thanks.
If I have ATM & credit cards & US dollars, do I need to purchase traveler checks before I travel?
- 1 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 2 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 3 ferry to Harwich
- 4 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 5 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 6 Berlin Hotels
- 7 What is the best food in France?
- 8 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 9 York Food and Drink Festival
- 10 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 11 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 12 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 13 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 14 Hilton's in Vienna and Budapest
- 15 Edinburgh Restaurants
- 16 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 17 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 18 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 19 Istanbul Hotels
- 20 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 21 Driving in Genoa
- 22 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 23 Barcelona Habitat Apartments Eixemple Questions
- 24 Paris metro
- 25 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)