In late July - early August my then wife would like to go on our honeymoon to Greece. While we have bought a book and done lots of reading on the internet I feel like it's beginning to be a bit overwhelming. I understand it is the high season and almost all of the more popular islands/cities will be crowded with tourists but that is just something we will have to deal with.
We are thinking of a 14 day trip (2 for travel) on a budget of around 6k USD. At the moment that makes it around 5.5k Euro.
The only places we know we want to visit for sure are Athens and Santorini. Since it is our honeymoon we both decided that we would like to relax, be on the beach, see the nice sunsets, etc etc. Basically suckered into it by all the beautiful pictures you see EVERYWHERE. However, we don't want to be stuck on the beach and hotel for our entire 12 days in Greece.
So we decided Athens is another must do, considering I do like my fair share of history and us not wanting to be "stuck". I've read that you can "do" Athens in 2 to 3 days. I'm not sure we would like to be in the middle of a big city for longer than that on our honeymoon.
Now we can head into my 2 main questions. 1) should we look into adding a 3rd stop or destination? Maybe a quick one? I know - at least I think I've understood - traveling from island to island is not as easy as it may seem. So in terms of our length of stay would it make sense to add this 3rd one? 2) kind of goes hand in hand with the first question; a lot of the packages we see that are offered add this 3rd stop, many times Mykonos or Crete and they both look spectacular. So if we add a 3rd stop would it make more sense to just book a package or look into the same sort of itinerary on our own? Something about not having complete control of my trip is off putting.
Like I said before, it's been a bit overwhelming and I would love to hear some of your thoughts. Sorry for the long post, just in need of some help!!
Thank you for any help/wake up calls/advice you provide,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions about Polish sights
- 2 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 3 vienna
- 4 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 5 Bernina Express mid-March
- 6 Ireland travel passport question
- 7 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 8 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 9 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 10 4 days itinerary for France
- 11 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 12 where to stay in London?
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Juangfrau / mt
- 15 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 16 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 17 Switzerland
- 18 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 19 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 20 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 21 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 24 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 25 Southern Germany - a base for travel