In late July - early August my then wife would like to go on our honeymoon to Greece. While we have bought a book and done lots of reading on the internet I feel like it's beginning to be a bit overwhelming. I understand it is the high season and almost all of the more popular islands/cities will be crowded with tourists but that is just something we will have to deal with.
We are thinking of a 14 day trip (2 for travel) on a budget of around 6k USD. At the moment that makes it around 5.5k Euro.
The only places we know we want to visit for sure are Athens and Santorini. Since it is our honeymoon we both decided that we would like to relax, be on the beach, see the nice sunsets, etc etc. Basically suckered into it by all the beautiful pictures you see EVERYWHERE. However, we don't want to be stuck on the beach and hotel for our entire 12 days in Greece.
So we decided Athens is another must do, considering I do like my fair share of history and us not wanting to be "stuck". I've read that you can "do" Athens in 2 to 3 days. I'm not sure we would like to be in the middle of a big city for longer than that on our honeymoon.
Now we can head into my 2 main questions. 1) should we look into adding a 3rd stop or destination? Maybe a quick one? I know - at least I think I've understood - traveling from island to island is not as easy as it may seem. So in terms of our length of stay would it make sense to add this 3rd one? 2) kind of goes hand in hand with the first question; a lot of the packages we see that are offered add this 3rd stop, many times Mykonos or Crete and they both look spectacular. So if we add a 3rd stop would it make more sense to just book a package or look into the same sort of itinerary on our own? Something about not having complete control of my trip is off putting.
Like I said before, it's been a bit overwhelming and I would love to hear some of your thoughts. Sorry for the long post, just in need of some help!!
Thank you for any help/wake up calls/advice you provide,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquake near Naples
- 2 My final Prague itinerary
- 3 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 4 London Theater
- 5 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 6 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 7 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 8 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 9 Switzerland in September
- 10 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 11 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 12 Munich itinerary review
- 13 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 14 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 15 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 16 weekend from cologne germany
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 20 3nights in Venice
- 21 multi city flights to europe
- 22 Europe itinerary questions
- 23 13 nights in switzerland
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Cash and Czech Crowns