First time taking grandsons (aged 10 and 14) with me on two week trip to London.They've never been to UK or elsewhere in Europe. One is more "bookish" the other more "gotta find the nearest place to work off energy" type kid.
The first five days, and then the weekend of June 2-5, are "firm" for London. Having lived and visited there, I have some good ideas for what will appeal to them (but am always open to further ideas).
I think School Holidays start June 1 in 2012. June 2-5 is Jubilee Weekend. Not sure these will affect getting accomodations outside London. Thoughts on this?
We have two day/nights, then four day/nights, periods to spend outside London traveling by public transport. Seeking ideas for these times. They love great beaches for swimming (eg Hawaii) but i doubt water would be comfortable in late May early June in UL.
Perhaps York for two days? Thoughts, experiences, on this destination?? Maybe Paris via Eurostar for three days? Ideas, feedback, ALL suggestions ,most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uwaga : koniec = parking fine
- 2 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 3 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 4 Skiing Village or Small Town near Vienna
- 5 http://gomusclebuilding.com/ers-pro/
- 6 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 7 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 8 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 9 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 10 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 11 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 12 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 13 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 14 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 15 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 16 Verona and Lake Garda
- 17 20 Days in Europe
- 18 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 19 Andalucia in December
- 20 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 21 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 22 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 23 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 24 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 25 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
Ideas: Trip ideas for several days outside London --with two active kids