First time taking grandsons (aged 10 and 14) with me on two week trip to London.They've never been to UK or elsewhere in Europe. One is more "bookish" the other more "gotta find the nearest place to work off energy" type kid.
The first five days, and then the weekend of June 2-5, are "firm" for London. Having lived and visited there, I have some good ideas for what will appeal to them (but am always open to further ideas).
I think School Holidays start June 1 in 2012. June 2-5 is Jubilee Weekend. Not sure these will affect getting accomodations outside London. Thoughts on this?
We have two day/nights, then four day/nights, periods to spend outside London traveling by public transport. Seeking ideas for these times. They love great beaches for swimming (eg Hawaii) but i doubt water would be comfortable in late May early June in UL.
Perhaps York for two days? Thoughts, experiences, on this destination?? Maybe Paris via Eurostar for three days? Ideas, feedback, ALL suggestions ,most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 2 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 3 Venice
- 4 charming cities in Spain
- 5 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 6 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 7 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 8 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 9 Day in Madrid
- 10 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 11 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 12 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 13 Le Marche Research Help
- 14 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 15 Rental car in Menton
- 16 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 17 Planning a trip to Florence, Italy
- 18 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 19 7 days in Greece
- 20 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 21 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 22 Help with Off Exploring blog
- 23 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 24 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 25 Paris cooking classes
Ideas: Trip ideas for several days outside London --with two active kids