First time taking grandsons (aged 10 and 14) with me on two week trip to London.They've never been to UK or elsewhere in Europe. One is more "bookish" the other more "gotta find the nearest place to work off energy" type kid.
The first five days, and then the weekend of June 2-5, are "firm" for London. Having lived and visited there, I have some good ideas for what will appeal to them (but am always open to further ideas).
I think School Holidays start June 1 in 2012. June 2-5 is Jubilee Weekend. Not sure these will affect getting accomodations outside London. Thoughts on this?
We have two day/nights, then four day/nights, periods to spend outside London traveling by public transport. Seeking ideas for these times. They love great beaches for swimming (eg Hawaii) but i doubt water would be comfortable in late May early June in UL.
Perhaps York for two days? Thoughts, experiences, on this destination?? Maybe Paris via Eurostar for three days? Ideas, feedback, ALL suggestions ,most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 2 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 PARIS
- 5 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 6 First Solo Adventure
- 7 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 8 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 9 Towns around Lucca
- 10 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 11 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 12 Airline to Rome
- 13 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 14 Duoro Valley - Train from Regua to Pocinho
- 15 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 16 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 17 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 18 Georgia in 4 days
- 19 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 20 Trains in Italy
- 21 Dublin Luggage storage
- 22 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 23 Croatia short sail trip
- 24 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 25 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
Ideas: Trip ideas for several days outside London --with two active kids