First time taking grandsons (aged 10 and 14) with me on two week trip to London.They've never been to UK or elsewhere in Europe. One is more "bookish" the other more "gotta find the nearest place to work off energy" type kid.
The first five days, and then the weekend of June 2-5, are "firm" for London. Having lived and visited there, I have some good ideas for what will appeal to them (but am always open to further ideas).
I think School Holidays start June 1 in 2012. June 2-5 is Jubilee Weekend. Not sure these will affect getting accomodations outside London. Thoughts on this?
We have two day/nights, then four day/nights, periods to spend outside London traveling by public transport. Seeking ideas for these times. They love great beaches for swimming (eg Hawaii) but i doubt water would be comfortable in late May early June in UL.
Perhaps York for two days? Thoughts, experiences, on this destination?? Maybe Paris via Eurostar for three days? Ideas, feedback, ALL suggestions ,most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 2 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 3 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 4 Car rental leaving Rome
- 5 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 6 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 7 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 8 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 9 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 10 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 11 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 12 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 13 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 14 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 15 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 16 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 17 Car Rental in Italy
- 18 Rue des Rosiers
- 19 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 20 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 21 First Trip to Europe!
- 22 Paris Under Seige...
- 23 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 24 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 25 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
Ideas: Trip ideas for several days outside London --with two active kids