First time taking grandsons (aged 10 and 14) with me on two week trip to London.They've never been to UK or elsewhere in Europe. One is more "bookish" the other more "gotta find the nearest place to work off energy" type kid.
The first five days, and then the weekend of June 2-5, are "firm" for London. Having lived and visited there, I have some good ideas for what will appeal to them (but am always open to further ideas).
I think School Holidays start June 1 in 2012. June 2-5 is Jubilee Weekend. Not sure these will affect getting accomodations outside London. Thoughts on this?
We have two day/nights, then four day/nights, periods to spend outside London traveling by public transport. Seeking ideas for these times. They love great beaches for swimming (eg Hawaii) but i doubt water would be comfortable in late May early June in UL.
Perhaps York for two days? Thoughts, experiences, on this destination?? Maybe Paris via Eurostar for three days? Ideas, feedback, ALL suggestions ,most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itenerary Opinion
- 2 London-Paris solo trip
- 3 Healthy eating in Rome
- 4 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 5 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 6 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 7 Shoppingin Spain
- 8 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 9 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 10 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 11 Ecstacy of St. Teresa Under Renovation?
- 12 Where to stay around Munich
- 13 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 14 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 15 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 16 Eiffel-tower-shut-staff-walk-
- 17 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 18 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 19 Daytrip Ideas from Assisi (leaving this Saturday)
- 20 Northern Spain
- 21 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 22 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 23 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 24 French Prem Train Fares
- 25 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
Ideas: Trip ideas for several days outside London --with two active kids