First time taking grandsons (aged 10 and 14) with me on two week trip to London.They've never been to UK or elsewhere in Europe. One is more "bookish" the other more "gotta find the nearest place to work off energy" type kid.
The first five days, and then the weekend of June 2-5, are "firm" for London. Having lived and visited there, I have some good ideas for what will appeal to them (but am always open to further ideas).
I think School Holidays start June 1 in 2012. June 2-5 is Jubilee Weekend. Not sure these will affect getting accomodations outside London. Thoughts on this?
We have two day/nights, then four day/nights, periods to spend outside London traveling by public transport. Seeking ideas for these times. They love great beaches for swimming (eg Hawaii) but i doubt water would be comfortable in late May early June in UL.
Perhaps York for two days? Thoughts, experiences, on this destination?? Maybe Paris via Eurostar for three days? Ideas, feedback, ALL suggestions ,most welcome.
Ideas: Trip ideas for several days outside London --with two active kids
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 2 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 3 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 4 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 5 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 6 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 7 Reykjavik hotels
- 8 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 9 I dream of Europe
- 10 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 11 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 12 First Time to UK since 2001
- 13 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 14 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 15 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 16 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 17 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 18 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 19 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 20 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 21 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 22 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 23 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 24 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 25 Brussels or Amsterdam?