First time taking grandsons (aged 10 and 14) with me on two week trip to London.They've never been to UK or elsewhere in Europe. One is more "bookish" the other more "gotta find the nearest place to work off energy" type kid.
The first five days, and then the weekend of June 2-5, are "firm" for London. Having lived and visited there, I have some good ideas for what will appeal to them (but am always open to further ideas).
I think School Holidays start June 1 in 2012. June 2-5 is Jubilee Weekend. Not sure these will affect getting accomodations outside London. Thoughts on this?
We have two day/nights, then four day/nights, periods to spend outside London traveling by public transport. Seeking ideas for these times. They love great beaches for swimming (eg Hawaii) but i doubt water would be comfortable in late May early June in UL.
Perhaps York for two days? Thoughts, experiences, on this destination?? Maybe Paris via Eurostar for three days? Ideas, feedback, ALL suggestions ,most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 2 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 3 Athens
- 4 We're here!
- 5 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 6 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 7 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 8 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 9 Petrol in Greece
- 10 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 11 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 12 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 13 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 14 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 15 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 16 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 17 Swiss Travel Pass
- 18 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 19 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 20 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 21 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 22 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 23 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 24 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 25 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
Ideas: Trip ideas for several days outside London --with two active kids