First time taking grandsons (aged 10 and 14) with me on two week trip to London.They've never been to UK or elsewhere in Europe. One is more "bookish" the other more "gotta find the nearest place to work off energy" type kid.
The first five days, and then the weekend of June 2-5, are "firm" for London. Having lived and visited there, I have some good ideas for what will appeal to them (but am always open to further ideas).
I think School Holidays start June 1 in 2012. June 2-5 is Jubilee Weekend. Not sure these will affect getting accomodations outside London. Thoughts on this?
We have two day/nights, then four day/nights, periods to spend outside London traveling by public transport. Seeking ideas for these times. They love great beaches for swimming (eg Hawaii) but i doubt water would be comfortable in late May early June in UL.
Perhaps York for two days? Thoughts, experiences, on this destination?? Maybe Paris via Eurostar for three days? Ideas, feedback, ALL suggestions ,most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 2 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 3 3 nights in Paris
- 4 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 5 Planning Advice!
- 6 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 7 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 8 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 9 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 10 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 11 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 12 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 13 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 14 England and Wales by public transport
- 15 Our European adventures
- 16 Walking Scotland
- 17 Naples or Genoa
- 18 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 19 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 20 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 21 Travel WiFi - France
- 22 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 23 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 24 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 25 Wine tasting in Santorini
Ideas: Trip ideas for several days outside London --with two active kids