First time taking grandsons (aged 10 and 14) with me on two week trip to London.They've never been to UK or elsewhere in Europe. One is more "bookish" the other more "gotta find the nearest place to work off energy" type kid.
The first five days, and then the weekend of June 2-5, are "firm" for London. Having lived and visited there, I have some good ideas for what will appeal to them (but am always open to further ideas).
I think School Holidays start June 1 in 2012. June 2-5 is Jubilee Weekend. Not sure these will affect getting accomodations outside London. Thoughts on this?
We have two day/nights, then four day/nights, periods to spend outside London traveling by public transport. Seeking ideas for these times. They love great beaches for swimming (eg Hawaii) but i doubt water would be comfortable in late May early June in UL.
Perhaps York for two days? Thoughts, experiences, on this destination?? Maybe Paris via Eurostar for three days? Ideas, feedback, ALL suggestions ,most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Whistle stop family road trip
- 4 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 5 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 6 Scotland itinerary advice
- 7 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 8 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 9 Night Bus?
- 10 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 11 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 12 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 13 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 14 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 15 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 16 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 18 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 19 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 20 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 21 Help with tips in UK
- 22 Positano Hotel in September
- 23 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 24 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 25 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate
Ideas: Trip ideas for several days outside London --with two active kids