My wife and I (in our late 60's and retired ) are planning our first trip to Northern Spain towards the end of May next year, 2013. We plan to fly from Miami to Barcelona and then go on to visit cities as Zaragosa, Pamplona, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Santillana, Santander, Gijon, Oviedo, La Coruna y Santiago de Compostela. I am inviting all good friends of Fodor to give us your suggestions. Are all these places worth visiting? What are your suggestions about places to stay... I hear the Paradors are one of the best choices, but are they too pricey? what are the best places to visit along this trip, what would be the total days most advisable. ALSO, we are debating whether to rent a car in Barcelona and drive. My children are not in favor of my driving, (they say it is dangerous!) but are the trains/buses available as an alternative? Not being familiar at all with this part of the Country, we would be really appreciative to hear from Fodor's readers your comments and suggestions...Gracias...thank you..obrigado...
Ideas, Suggestions for a trip to Northern Spain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Lake Maggiore/Stresa
- 2 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 3 Assistance with first trip to Europe
- 4 Question about justairports
- 5 Scotland/London Itinerary Help
- 6 Athens & 1 island.. 7 days.. what to chose?
- 7 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 8 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 9 Where to go in Norway: Lofoten or the South Western part
- 10 amsterdam hotels
- 11 Buying Advance Tickets for Spain/Italy
- 12 Is Cognac worth an overnight between Sarlat and La Rochelle?
- 13 8 days in Malta - Itinerary Suggestions
- 14 Summer weather in Bordeaux, SW France?
- 15 Place to watch El Clasico weekend of March 22-23 in Madrid
- 16 Credit cards with chips
- 17 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 18 Hot Chocolate in Paris
- 19 EURail Pass worth it for this itinerary?
- 20 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 21 Day Trips
- 22 Pix from Northern Ireland & Donegal
- 23 Car insurance in Europe...
- 24 Best small medieval towns & villages in/near Val d'Orcia
- 25 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014