I recently found out that I get to go to San Sebastian, Spain for a last minute work related trip. I only need to be in San Sebastian the first weekend of May, but I can extend my trip for 1-2 weeks either before or after for vacation. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Other places to visit? Activities? Travel tips for this area? etc.
I'm a 30-year-old single male, and I will be traveling alone. I enjoy "things to do" (e.g. camping, nightlife stuff, etc.) more than "things to see" (e.g. museums, churches, etc.). I'm fine with hostels and sleeping on trains. The last time I spoke Spanish was in high school (yikes!), but I can at least speak and read it with the aid of an English-Spanish dictionary. I've been to Europe once before, and visited Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich (for Oktoberfest which is amazing), and Madrid. I'm a researcher at a university, which you should read as, "I'm paid horribly, and I'm on a tight budget."
Here are three ideas I'm considering:
1) Surfing trip - Basically stay on the western coast of Europe visiting and surfing at as many locations as possible either starting in France or Portugal. I could either bring my board or rent one at various locations. I could camp or stay in hostels.
2) From San Sebastian, head towards Italy or Switzerland stopping in Barcelona for a bit along the way. As for what to do/see along the way, I'm open to suggestions.
3) Starting or ending in Amsterdam for tulip season and/or Liberation Day, while stopping at various places in France along the way. Again, I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks for any help and suggestions you can give me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 2 River Boat Cruise
- 3 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 4 student in denmark
- 5 Poland in September
- 6 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 7 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 8 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 9 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 10 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 11 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 12 Reflections on Revisiting Sicily
- 13 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 14 Pousadas in Portugal
- 15 San Sebastian or Bilbao?
- 16 Rome to Positano
- 17 Sachsenhausen?
- 18 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 19 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
- 20 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 21 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 22 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 23 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 24 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 25 Amalfi Coast + Croatia Itinerary Help Needed