I recently found out that I get to go to San Sebastian, Spain for a last minute work related trip. I only need to be in San Sebastian the first weekend of May, but I can extend my trip for 1-2 weeks either before or after for vacation. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Other places to visit? Activities? Travel tips for this area? etc.
I'm a 30-year-old single male, and I will be traveling alone. I enjoy "things to do" (e.g. camping, nightlife stuff, etc.) more than "things to see" (e.g. museums, churches, etc.). I'm fine with hostels and sleeping on trains. The last time I spoke Spanish was in high school (yikes!), but I can at least speak and read it with the aid of an English-Spanish dictionary. I've been to Europe once before, and visited Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich (for Oktoberfest which is amazing), and Madrid. I'm a researcher at a university, which you should read as, "I'm paid horribly, and I'm on a tight budget."
Here are three ideas I'm considering:
1) Surfing trip - Basically stay on the western coast of Europe visiting and surfing at as many locations as possible either starting in France or Portugal. I could either bring my board or rent one at various locations. I could camp or stay in hostels.
2) From San Sebastian, head towards Italy or Switzerland stopping in Barcelona for a bit along the way. As for what to do/see along the way, I'm open to suggestions.
3) Starting or ending in Amsterdam for tulip season and/or Liberation Day, while stopping at various places in France along the way. Again, I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks for any help and suggestions you can give me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 2 What clothes?
- 3 Bavaria in August
- 4 Help with London accomodation - totally confused now.
- 5 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 6 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 7 Daughter has British passport can she get free education in UK
- 8 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 9 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 10 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 11 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 12 Croatia Itenerary
- 13 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 14 Overstaying residence visa(UDI) in Norway by 1 day(5-6 hr)
- 15 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 16 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 17 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 18 Bandol port of call
- 19 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 20 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 21 August
- 22 What tickets to purchase for Rome attractons before leaving the States
- 23 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 24 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 25 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)