I recently found out that I get to go to San Sebastian, Spain for a last minute work related trip. I only need to be in San Sebastian the first weekend of May, but I can extend my trip for 1-2 weeks either before or after for vacation. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Other places to visit? Activities? Travel tips for this area? etc.
I'm a 30-year-old single male, and I will be traveling alone. I enjoy "things to do" (e.g. camping, nightlife stuff, etc.) more than "things to see" (e.g. museums, churches, etc.). I'm fine with hostels and sleeping on trains. The last time I spoke Spanish was in high school (yikes!), but I can at least speak and read it with the aid of an English-Spanish dictionary. I've been to Europe once before, and visited Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich (for Oktoberfest which is amazing), and Madrid. I'm a researcher at a university, which you should read as, "I'm paid horribly, and I'm on a tight budget."
Here are three ideas I'm considering:
1) Surfing trip - Basically stay on the western coast of Europe visiting and surfing at as many locations as possible either starting in France or Portugal. I could either bring my board or rent one at various locations. I could camp or stay in hostels.
2) From San Sebastian, head towards Italy or Switzerland stopping in Barcelona for a bit along the way. As for what to do/see along the way, I'm open to suggestions.
3) Starting or ending in Amsterdam for tulip season and/or Liberation Day, while stopping at various places in France along the way. Again, I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks for any help and suggestions you can give me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kech YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 TECH SUPP0RT CARE
- 2 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 3 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 4 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 5 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 6 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 7 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 8 Scotland
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 11 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 12 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 13 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 14 Maximizing Norway time
- 15 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 16 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 17 Studying art in English in venice
- 18 Berlin to ?
- 19 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 20 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 21 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 22 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 23 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace