I recently found out that I get to go to San Sebastian, Spain for a last minute work related trip. I only need to be in San Sebastian the first weekend of May, but I can extend my trip for 1-2 weeks either before or after for vacation. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Other places to visit? Activities? Travel tips for this area? etc.
I'm a 30-year-old single male, and I will be traveling alone. I enjoy "things to do" (e.g. camping, nightlife stuff, etc.) more than "things to see" (e.g. museums, churches, etc.). I'm fine with hostels and sleeping on trains. The last time I spoke Spanish was in high school (yikes!), but I can at least speak and read it with the aid of an English-Spanish dictionary. I've been to Europe once before, and visited Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich (for Oktoberfest which is amazing), and Madrid. I'm a researcher at a university, which you should read as, "I'm paid horribly, and I'm on a tight budget."
Here are three ideas I'm considering:
1) Surfing trip - Basically stay on the western coast of Europe visiting and surfing at as many locations as possible either starting in France or Portugal. I could either bring my board or rent one at various locations. I could camp or stay in hostels.
2) From San Sebastian, head towards Italy or Switzerland stopping in Barcelona for a bit along the way. As for what to do/see along the way, I'm open to suggestions.
3) Starting or ending in Amsterdam for tulip season and/or Liberation Day, while stopping at various places in France along the way. Again, I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks for any help and suggestions you can give me!
Ideas needed ASAP Last minute trip to or from NW Spain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 2 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 3 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 4 Day trips from Bologna
- 5 Terrorism in Europe
- 6 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 7 Bringing Wine Home From France
- 8 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 9 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 10 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 11 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 12 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 13 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 14 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 15 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 16 Grad Schools in London?
- 17 Mama Mia Italy!
- 18 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 19 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 20 Paris in black and white
- 21 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 22 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 23 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 24 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 25 How did YOU get to Puglia?