I recently found out that I get to go to San Sebastian, Spain for a last minute work related trip. I only need to be in San Sebastian the first weekend of May, but I can extend my trip for 1-2 weeks either before or after for vacation. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Other places to visit? Activities? Travel tips for this area? etc.
I'm a 30-year-old single male, and I will be traveling alone. I enjoy "things to do" (e.g. camping, nightlife stuff, etc.) more than "things to see" (e.g. museums, churches, etc.). I'm fine with hostels and sleeping on trains. The last time I spoke Spanish was in high school (yikes!), but I can at least speak and read it with the aid of an English-Spanish dictionary. I've been to Europe once before, and visited Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich (for Oktoberfest which is amazing), and Madrid. I'm a researcher at a university, which you should read as, "I'm paid horribly, and I'm on a tight budget."
Here are three ideas I'm considering:
1) Surfing trip - Basically stay on the western coast of Europe visiting and surfing at as many locations as possible either starting in France or Portugal. I could either bring my board or rent one at various locations. I could camp or stay in hostels.
2) From San Sebastian, head towards Italy or Switzerland stopping in Barcelona for a bit along the way. As for what to do/see along the way, I'm open to suggestions.
3) Starting or ending in Amsterdam for tulip season and/or Liberation Day, while stopping at various places in France along the way. Again, I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks for any help and suggestions you can give me!
Ideas needed ASAP Last minute trip to or from NW Spain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 2 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 3 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 4 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 5 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 6 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 7 No Pooh in Poland
- 8 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 9 Portugal in January
- 10 Raining in rome
- 11 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 12 Fabulous Palermo
- 13 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 14 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 15 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 16 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 17 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 18 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 19 Taormina Sicily
- 20 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 21 choosing seats at La Scala
- 22 Please help! 3weeks Europe Holiday Itinerary holiday
- 23 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 24 Day trips from Lisbon
- 25 Paris and where else?