I recently found out that I get to go to San Sebastian, Spain for a last minute work related trip. I only need to be in San Sebastian the first weekend of May, but I can extend my trip for 1-2 weeks either before or after for vacation. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Other places to visit? Activities? Travel tips for this area? etc.
I'm a 30-year-old single male, and I will be traveling alone. I enjoy "things to do" (e.g. camping, nightlife stuff, etc.) more than "things to see" (e.g. museums, churches, etc.). I'm fine with hostels and sleeping on trains. The last time I spoke Spanish was in high school (yikes!), but I can at least speak and read it with the aid of an English-Spanish dictionary. I've been to Europe once before, and visited Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich (for Oktoberfest which is amazing), and Madrid. I'm a researcher at a university, which you should read as, "I'm paid horribly, and I'm on a tight budget."
Here are three ideas I'm considering:
1) Surfing trip - Basically stay on the western coast of Europe visiting and surfing at as many locations as possible either starting in France or Portugal. I could either bring my board or rent one at various locations. I could camp or stay in hostels.
2) From San Sebastian, head towards Italy or Switzerland stopping in Barcelona for a bit along the way. As for what to do/see along the way, I'm open to suggestions.
3) Starting or ending in Amsterdam for tulip season and/or Liberation Day, while stopping at various places in France along the way. Again, I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks for any help and suggestions you can give me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Under Seige...
- 2 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 3 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 4 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 5 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 6 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 7 Brief trip report Naples
- 8 Advices about our itiniary
- 9 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 10 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 11 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 12 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 14 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 15 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 16 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 17 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 18 Private transportation
- 19 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 20 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 21 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 22 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 23 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 24 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 25 Global Travel Warning...