I recently found out that I get to go to San Sebastian, Spain for a last minute work related trip. I only need to be in San Sebastian the first weekend of May, but I can extend my trip for 1-2 weeks either before or after for vacation. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Other places to visit? Activities? Travel tips for this area? etc.
I'm a 30-year-old single male, and I will be traveling alone. I enjoy "things to do" (e.g. camping, nightlife stuff, etc.) more than "things to see" (e.g. museums, churches, etc.). I'm fine with hostels and sleeping on trains. The last time I spoke Spanish was in high school (yikes!), but I can at least speak and read it with the aid of an English-Spanish dictionary. I've been to Europe once before, and visited Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich (for Oktoberfest which is amazing), and Madrid. I'm a researcher at a university, which you should read as, "I'm paid horribly, and I'm on a tight budget."
Here are three ideas I'm considering:
1) Surfing trip - Basically stay on the western coast of Europe visiting and surfing at as many locations as possible either starting in France or Portugal. I could either bring my board or rent one at various locations. I could camp or stay in hostels.
2) From San Sebastian, head towards Italy or Switzerland stopping in Barcelona for a bit along the way. As for what to do/see along the way, I'm open to suggestions.
3) Starting or ending in Amsterdam for tulip season and/or Liberation Day, while stopping at various places in France along the way. Again, I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks for any help and suggestions you can give me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Muscle Building Workouts For Starters !
- 2 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 3 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 4 First time in France
- 5 More Info : http://fitnesssteer.com/helix-forte-fr/
- 6 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 7 Budapest Hotels
- 8 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 9 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 10 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 11 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 12 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 13 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 14 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 15 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 16 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 17 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 18 Portugal itinerary help
- 19 First Time Solo Travel info
- 20 Prague hotels
- 21 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 22 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 23 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 24 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 25 Munich