I recently found out that I get to go to San Sebastian, Spain for a last minute work related trip. I only need to be in San Sebastian the first weekend of May, but I can extend my trip for 1-2 weeks either before or after for vacation. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Other places to visit? Activities? Travel tips for this area? etc.
I'm a 30-year-old single male, and I will be traveling alone. I enjoy "things to do" (e.g. camping, nightlife stuff, etc.) more than "things to see" (e.g. museums, churches, etc.). I'm fine with hostels and sleeping on trains. The last time I spoke Spanish was in high school (yikes!), but I can at least speak and read it with the aid of an English-Spanish dictionary. I've been to Europe once before, and visited Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich (for Oktoberfest which is amazing), and Madrid. I'm a researcher at a university, which you should read as, "I'm paid horribly, and I'm on a tight budget."
Here are three ideas I'm considering:
1) Surfing trip - Basically stay on the western coast of Europe visiting and surfing at as many locations as possible either starting in France or Portugal. I could either bring my board or rent one at various locations. I could camp or stay in hostels.
2) From San Sebastian, head towards Italy or Switzerland stopping in Barcelona for a bit along the way. As for what to do/see along the way, I'm open to suggestions.
3) Starting or ending in Amsterdam for tulip season and/or Liberation Day, while stopping at various places in France along the way. Again, I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks for any help and suggestions you can give me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 2 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 3 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 4 Departure Tax in UK
- 5 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 6 To europe this Aug
- 7 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 8 Ireland in November
- 9 Switzerland and Italy 8 days
- 10 I'm back.....
- 11 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 12 Switzerland itinerary help
- 13 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 14 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 15 Ireland ToDo
- 16 Our week in Italy - lucky with weather, missed impulse
- 17 FAQs
- 18 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 19 Charles Degaulle question
- 20 Normandy - driving trip
- 21 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 22 Ballet Bolshoi
- 23 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 24 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 25 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt