I recently found out that I get to go to San Sebastian, Spain for a last minute work related trip. I only need to be in San Sebastian the first weekend of May, but I can extend my trip for 1-2 weeks either before or after for vacation. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Other places to visit? Activities? Travel tips for this area? etc.
I'm a 30-year-old single male, and I will be traveling alone. I enjoy "things to do" (e.g. camping, nightlife stuff, etc.) more than "things to see" (e.g. museums, churches, etc.). I'm fine with hostels and sleeping on trains. The last time I spoke Spanish was in high school (yikes!), but I can at least speak and read it with the aid of an English-Spanish dictionary. I've been to Europe once before, and visited Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich (for Oktoberfest which is amazing), and Madrid. I'm a researcher at a university, which you should read as, "I'm paid horribly, and I'm on a tight budget."
Here are three ideas I'm considering:
1) Surfing trip - Basically stay on the western coast of Europe visiting and surfing at as many locations as possible either starting in France or Portugal. I could either bring my board or rent one at various locations. I could camp or stay in hostels.
2) From San Sebastian, head towards Italy or Switzerland stopping in Barcelona for a bit along the way. As for what to do/see along the way, I'm open to suggestions.
3) Starting or ending in Amsterdam for tulip season and/or Liberation Day, while stopping at various places in France along the way. Again, I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks for any help and suggestions you can give me!
Ideas needed ASAP Last minute trip to or from NW Spain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Calling Jamikins
- 2 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 3 A drive in Europe
- 4 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 5 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 6 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 7 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 8 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 9 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 10 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 11 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 12 Europe in 21 days
- 13 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 14 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 15 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 16 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 17 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 18 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 19 UK for 12 days !
- 20 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 21 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 22 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 23 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 24 London hotel
- 25 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace