I recently found out that I get to go to San Sebastian, Spain for a last minute work related trip. I only need to be in San Sebastian the first weekend of May, but I can extend my trip for 1-2 weeks either before or after for vacation. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Other places to visit? Activities? Travel tips for this area? etc.
I'm a 30-year-old single male, and I will be traveling alone. I enjoy "things to do" (e.g. camping, nightlife stuff, etc.) more than "things to see" (e.g. museums, churches, etc.). I'm fine with hostels and sleeping on trains. The last time I spoke Spanish was in high school (yikes!), but I can at least speak and read it with the aid of an English-Spanish dictionary. I've been to Europe once before, and visited Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich (for Oktoberfest which is amazing), and Madrid. I'm a researcher at a university, which you should read as, "I'm paid horribly, and I'm on a tight budget."
Here are three ideas I'm considering:
1) Surfing trip - Basically stay on the western coast of Europe visiting and surfing at as many locations as possible either starting in France or Portugal. I could either bring my board or rent one at various locations. I could camp or stay in hostels.
2) From San Sebastian, head towards Italy or Switzerland stopping in Barcelona for a bit along the way. As for what to do/see along the way, I'm open to suggestions.
3) Starting or ending in Amsterdam for tulip season and/or Liberation Day, while stopping at various places in France along the way. Again, I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks for any help and suggestions you can give me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 2 http://trypurejuvenate.com/premium-white-kidney-bean-extract/
- 3 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 4 More Info : http://bellavitaserumtry.com
- 5 cell phone companys
- 6 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 7 italy itinerary
- 8 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 9 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 10 Local markets in Italy
- 11 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 12 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 13 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 14 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 15 Beaches in Southern France
- 16 Where in Paris?
- 17 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 18 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 19 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 20 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 21 Guides - Matera
- 22 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 23 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 24 Spain Itinerary Help
- 25 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?