My fiancé and I are in early 30s, vegetarians, teetotallers. I have travelled a bit in Europe (Paris, Frankfurt, Berlin, Amsterdam, Vienna, Salzburg, Venice, Florence, Rome, Perugia, Amalfi, Madrid, Segovia, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Barcelona, a bit of Tuscan & Umbrian small towns). I love Europe (especially Italy) and I love travelling. My fiancé hasn’t travelled much in life in general and hasn’t been to Europe (except staying in London for work for few months), but he is very excited about travelling.
I love nature, culture, history & art, food, landscapes, immersing in local culture, taking long walks in the city centre, cooking classes, cycling, etc. He is not much into museums and art but loves nature, beach, lakes, playing guitar, Spanish music, long walks, food, hiking, skiing, etc.
We are getting a last minute chance to take an 8N/8D break in Europe next month, i.e., November 2015. It is pertinent to note that the trip would be to and fro London. We are open to overnight train travel to get to the destination, if need be (given we shall start the trip on a Friday evening post-office).
I am hoping for this to be a romantic trip. It would not only be his first trip to Europe, but also our first trip together. So it is special all the more. I do want to showcase the quintessential Europe to him. So it should be a mix of something that a first-timer should see, and not only chosen because of its proximity to London, although that is a factor to consider. I would also like to avoid going to places I have already visited. I do not want to cram too many places in this short trip either. The idea is to enjoy what we see without rushing, and believe that we shall be blessed to keep coming back to Europe for decades to come. I would appreciate if the helpful posters here could suggest an itinerary and sequence for the same.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 2 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 3 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 4 A week in Paris
- 5 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 6 38 Days in Paris
- 7 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 8 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 9 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 10 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 11 2 Months in Sicily
- 12 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 13 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 14 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 17 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 18 Azores
- 19 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 20 Sundays in Puglia
- 21 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 22 Prague
- 23 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 24 What tips can you give about packing?
- 25 Sim Card Options
Ideas for last-minute 8N/8D couple's trip to Europe from London please