My fiancé and I are in early 30s, vegetarians, teetotallers. I have travelled a bit in Europe (Paris, Frankfurt, Berlin, Amsterdam, Vienna, Salzburg, Venice, Florence, Rome, Perugia, Amalfi, Madrid, Segovia, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Barcelona, a bit of Tuscan & Umbrian small towns). I love Europe (especially Italy) and I love travelling. My fiancé hasn’t travelled much in life in general and hasn’t been to Europe (except staying in London for work for few months), but he is very excited about travelling.
I love nature, culture, history & art, food, landscapes, immersing in local culture, taking long walks in the city centre, cooking classes, cycling, etc. He is not much into museums and art but loves nature, beach, lakes, playing guitar, Spanish music, long walks, food, hiking, skiing, etc.
We are getting a last minute chance to take an 8N/8D break in Europe next month, i.e., November 2015. It is pertinent to note that the trip would be to and fro London. We are open to overnight train travel to get to the destination, if need be (given we shall start the trip on a Friday evening post-office).
I am hoping for this to be a romantic trip. It would not only be his first trip to Europe, but also our first trip together. So it is special all the more. I do want to showcase the quintessential Europe to him. So it should be a mix of something that a first-timer should see, and not only chosen because of its proximity to London, although that is a factor to consider. I would also like to avoid going to places I have already visited. I do not want to cram too many places in this short trip either. The idea is to enjoy what we see without rushing, and believe that we shall be blessed to keep coming back to Europe for decades to come. I would appreciate if the helpful posters here could suggest an itinerary and sequence for the same.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 2 seat reservations
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 5 Valencia Spain
- 6 Germany-Car or Train
- 7 Night Bus?
- 8 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 9 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 10 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 11 Andalucia Spain
- 12 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 13 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 14 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 15 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 16 Short time in Vienna
- 17 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 18 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 19 Jewish Vienna
- 20 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 21 My special places in Europe
- 22 Italy in a week
- 23 3 days outside Venice
- 24 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 25 Reaching the Lake District
Ideas for last-minute 8N/8D couple's trip to Europe from London please