My mother and I are planning a 5-9 day trip to the UK. We don't have a time chosen yet, but we do know there are a couple must see's for the both of us. This is something that we are not likely going to be able to schedule again, so we would like to make the most of it. That being the case, we're looking for some advice as to what city to fly into, where to base out of, what season to aim for, and any advice of things to see / do if it happens to be on the way.
A couple musts are as follows: Scottish castle (doesn't matter which), Isle of Man, Stonehenge/Avebury, Bath or other town with Roman ruins
Our preferences: We would like to avoid basing our trip out of London. A B&B is fine for us. We would most likely not be renting a car. Historical things are high on the list. We are on a moderate budget.
We are in the very beginning stages of the planning process, and are trying to get a firmer idea of what makes sense and what does not.
Thank you for any insight!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 5 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 6 getting to CDG
- 7 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 8 A Month stay in Southern France
- 9 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 10 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 11 Revised itinerary for italy
- 12 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 13 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 14 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 15 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 16 Hotel in Vienna
- 17 Places of interest
- 18 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 19 Switzerland in November?
- 20 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 21 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 22 vienna
- 23 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 24 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 25 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?