My mother and I are planning a 5-9 day trip to the UK. We don't have a time chosen yet, but we do know there are a couple must see's for the both of us. This is something that we are not likely going to be able to schedule again, so we would like to make the most of it. That being the case, we're looking for some advice as to what city to fly into, where to base out of, what season to aim for, and any advice of things to see / do if it happens to be on the way.
A couple musts are as follows: Scottish castle (doesn't matter which), Isle of Man, Stonehenge/Avebury, Bath or other town with Roman ruins
Our preferences: We would like to avoid basing our trip out of London. A B&B is fine for us. We would most likely not be renting a car. Historical things are high on the list. We are on a moderate budget.
We are in the very beginning stages of the planning process, and are trying to get a firmer idea of what makes sense and what does not.
Thank you for any insight!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 2 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 5 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 6 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 7 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 8 International Flight Question
- 9 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 10 Interesting places to visit
- 11 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 12 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 13 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 14 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 15 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 16 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 17 Budapest in December 2017
- 18 Petrol in Greece
- 19 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 22 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 23 Dijon in December!
- 24 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 25 We're here!