My mother and I are planning a 5-9 day trip to the UK. We don't have a time chosen yet, but we do know there are a couple must see's for the both of us. This is something that we are not likely going to be able to schedule again, so we would like to make the most of it. That being the case, we're looking for some advice as to what city to fly into, where to base out of, what season to aim for, and any advice of things to see / do if it happens to be on the way.
A couple musts are as follows: Scottish castle (doesn't matter which), Isle of Man, Stonehenge/Avebury, Bath or other town with Roman ruins
Our preferences: We would like to avoid basing our trip out of London. A B&B is fine for us. We would most likely not be renting a car. Historical things are high on the list. We are on a moderate budget.
We are in the very beginning stages of the planning process, and are trying to get a firmer idea of what makes sense and what does not.
Thank you for any insight!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LEXMARK printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 LEXMARK printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 3 BELLSOUTH Password Reset CONTACT ☎1: 800:681:7208 BELLSOUTH Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 4 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 5 Iceland car rental agencies
- 6 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 7 Italy in January?
- 8 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 9 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 10 retruning to US with souveniers
- 11 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 14 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 15 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 16 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 17 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 18 10 days in London in early December
- 19 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 20 Berlin to ?
- 21 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 22 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 23 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 24 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 25 Help with Crete Itinerary