I have been looking over the brochure which I received recently from Icelandair about their Take-a-Break vacation packages. I want to book one of these packages over spring break next March. I would like to spend three nights in Reykjavik and two nights in another European city which Icelandair services. I have been to Paris and London, although another couple days in Paris would be welcomed. But my friend and I would both like to see a city we have not been to before. Our interests are varied and flexible. The choices are Amsterdam, Glasgow, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and Stockholm. I realize that two days is very short to "see" a new city. I was thinking Amsterdam might be the best choice for the time constraint, but what about Glasgow?
Any recommendations from the Fodorites? Has anyone participated in this program by Icelandair before? The basic deal is airfare via Icelandair to one of these cities with a stopover in Reykjavik in either direction for up to three nights for no additional cost in airfare. Hotel packages are offered for both Reykjavik and the other city choice, cost seems reasonable for all of them.
I would welcome any comments. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for children
- 2 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 3 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 4 Couscous
- 5 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 6 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 7 One July night in Verona - help!
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 10 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 11 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 12 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 13 Guided Vatican Tours
- 14 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 15 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 16 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 17 16 days in France and Italy
- 18 Cappadocia in June
- 19 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 20 Lisbon
- 21 Picturesque fjord driving south west norway
- 22 Car insurance in Iceland
- 23 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 24 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 25 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?