I have been looking over the brochure which I received recently from Icelandair about their Take-a-Break vacation packages. I want to book one of these packages over spring break next March. I would like to spend three nights in Reykjavik and two nights in another European city which Icelandair services. I have been to Paris and London, although another couple days in Paris would be welcomed. But my friend and I would both like to see a city we have not been to before. Our interests are varied and flexible. The choices are Amsterdam, Glasgow, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and Stockholm. I realize that two days is very short to "see" a new city. I was thinking Amsterdam might be the best choice for the time constraint, but what about Glasgow?
Any recommendations from the Fodorites? Has anyone participated in this program by Icelandair before? The basic deal is airfare via Icelandair to one of these cities with a stopover in Reykjavik in either direction for up to three nights for no additional cost in airfare. Hotel packages are offered for both Reykjavik and the other city choice, cost seems reasonable for all of them.
I would welcome any comments. Thanks!
Icelandair Take-a-Break Cocktail
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 2 London hotel tax is 20%
- 3 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 4 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 5 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 6 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 7 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 8 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 9 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 10 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 11 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 12 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 13 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 14 Venice - boats on canals
- 15 ITALY
- 16 Paris first then where?
- 17 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 18 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 19 Recommendation for a wine tour departing from Strasbourg.
- 20 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 21 Akrotiri Tours
- 22 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 23 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 24 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 25 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base