I have been looking over the brochure which I received recently from Icelandair about their Take-a-Break vacation packages. I want to book one of these packages over spring break next March. I would like to spend three nights in Reykjavik and two nights in another European city which Icelandair services. I have been to Paris and London, although another couple days in Paris would be welcomed. But my friend and I would both like to see a city we have not been to before. Our interests are varied and flexible. The choices are Amsterdam, Glasgow, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and Stockholm. I realize that two days is very short to "see" a new city. I was thinking Amsterdam might be the best choice for the time constraint, but what about Glasgow?
Any recommendations from the Fodorites? Has anyone participated in this program by Icelandair before? The basic deal is airfare via Icelandair to one of these cities with a stopover in Reykjavik in either direction for up to three nights for no additional cost in airfare. Hotel packages are offered for both Reykjavik and the other city choice, cost seems reasonable for all of them.
I would welcome any comments. Thanks!
Icelandair Take-a-Break Cocktail
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We are off to France again!!
- 2 Short Cruises on the Mediterranean
- 3 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 4 Best small medieval towns & villages in/near Val d'Orcia
- 5 Athens & 1 island.. 7 days.. what to chose?
- 6 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 7 Is Cognac worth an overnight between Sarlat and La Rochelle?
- 8 Summer weather in Bordeaux, SW France?
- 9 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 10 ROME
- 11 Chiusi or Pitigliano area - Help in choosing for Etruscan aspects
- 12 Free public transportation on 14-15-16 March in Paris & Wallonia
- 13 bath or york
- 14 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 15 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 16 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 17 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 18 Trip report from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, & Italy
- 19 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 20 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 21 Websites for train or bus from Gothenburg to Copenhagen
- 22 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 23 Best "2-star" hotels in Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Dresden
- 24 Planning a trip to Eastern Europe, could use your help.
- 25 Car hire in Turkey