I have been looking over the brochure which I received recently from Icelandair about their Take-a-Break vacation packages. I want to book one of these packages over spring break next March. I would like to spend three nights in Reykjavik and two nights in another European city which Icelandair services. I have been to Paris and London, although another couple days in Paris would be welcomed. But my friend and I would both like to see a city we have not been to before. Our interests are varied and flexible. The choices are Amsterdam, Glasgow, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and Stockholm. I realize that two days is very short to "see" a new city. I was thinking Amsterdam might be the best choice for the time constraint, but what about Glasgow?
Any recommendations from the Fodorites? Has anyone participated in this program by Icelandair before? The basic deal is airfare via Icelandair to one of these cities with a stopover in Reykjavik in either direction for up to three nights for no additional cost in airfare. Hotel packages are offered for both Reykjavik and the other city choice, cost seems reasonable for all of them.
I would welcome any comments. Thanks!
Icelandair Take-a-Break Cocktail
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions for Paris residents
- 2 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 3 Stay in Venice
- 4 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 5 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 6 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 Sea side in Italy
- 9 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 10 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 11 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 12 Airoport transfers from Dublin airport
- 13 Baltic cruise ports
- 14 Looking for a Lobo-mau GTG + recommendations in Lisbon
- 15 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 16 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 17 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 18 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 19 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 20 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 21 Central European train travel
- 22 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 23 Berlin: evening dining
- 24 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 25 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST