I have been looking over the brochure which I received recently from Icelandair about their Take-a-Break vacation packages. I want to book one of these packages over spring break next March. I would like to spend three nights in Reykjavik and two nights in another European city which Icelandair services. I have been to Paris and London, although another couple days in Paris would be welcomed. But my friend and I would both like to see a city we have not been to before. Our interests are varied and flexible. The choices are Amsterdam, Glasgow, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and Stockholm. I realize that two days is very short to "see" a new city. I was thinking Amsterdam might be the best choice for the time constraint, but what about Glasgow?
Any recommendations from the Fodorites? Has anyone participated in this program by Icelandair before? The basic deal is airfare via Icelandair to one of these cities with a stopover in Reykjavik in either direction for up to three nights for no additional cost in airfare. Hotel packages are offered for both Reykjavik and the other city choice, cost seems reasonable for all of them.
I would welcome any comments. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 An introduction to Italy (Lerici, Barga, and Lucca)
- 2 15 days trip to Europe
- 3 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 4 Vuerling airlines
- 5 http://www.trysupercbdreview.com/intellux/
- 6 Chinese visit to France
- 7 http://supplementsgarden.com/silqueskin-cream-reviews
- 8 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 9 France for a month in 2017
- 10 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 11 All of Spain or something else..?
- 12 Barcelona extension
- 13 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 14 Europe itinerary review
- 15 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 16 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 17 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 18 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 19 countless numbers of hundreds and hundreds
- 20 Turkey fire code problems with building entry doors
- 21 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 22 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 23 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 24 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 25 Flamenco concerts in Madrid