I have been looking over the brochure which I received recently from Icelandair about their Take-a-Break vacation packages. I want to book one of these packages over spring break next March. I would like to spend three nights in Reykjavik and two nights in another European city which Icelandair services. I have been to Paris and London, although another couple days in Paris would be welcomed. But my friend and I would both like to see a city we have not been to before. Our interests are varied and flexible. The choices are Amsterdam, Glasgow, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and Stockholm. I realize that two days is very short to "see" a new city. I was thinking Amsterdam might be the best choice for the time constraint, but what about Glasgow?
Any recommendations from the Fodorites? Has anyone participated in this program by Icelandair before? The basic deal is airfare via Icelandair to one of these cities with a stopover in Reykjavik in either direction for up to three nights for no additional cost in airfare. Hotel packages are offered for both Reykjavik and the other city choice, cost seems reasonable for all of them.
I would welcome any comments. Thanks!
Icelandair Take-a-Break Cocktail
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 2 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 3 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 4 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 5 Vegan in Germany?
- 6 biking tours in Italy?
- 7 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 8 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 9 Scotland November 2015
- 10 Which european city?
- 11 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 12 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 13 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 14 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 15 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 16 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 17 All Set To Go!!
- 18 Italy Countryside
- 19 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 20 French Basque region
- 21 VISA question
- 22 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 23 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 24 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 25 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma