I have been looking over the brochure which I received recently from Icelandair about their Take-a-Break vacation packages. I want to book one of these packages over spring break next March. I would like to spend three nights in Reykjavik and two nights in another European city which Icelandair services. I have been to Paris and London, although another couple days in Paris would be welcomed. But my friend and I would both like to see a city we have not been to before. Our interests are varied and flexible. The choices are Amsterdam, Glasgow, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and Stockholm. I realize that two days is very short to "see" a new city. I was thinking Amsterdam might be the best choice for the time constraint, but what about Glasgow?
Any recommendations from the Fodorites? Has anyone participated in this program by Icelandair before? The basic deal is airfare via Icelandair to one of these cities with a stopover in Reykjavik in either direction for up to three nights for no additional cost in airfare. Hotel packages are offered for both Reykjavik and the other city choice, cost seems reasonable for all of them.
I would welcome any comments. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 2 Venice
- 3 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 4 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 5 Family vacation to europe
- 6 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 7 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 8 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 9 16 Day Europe Itenerary
- 10 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 11 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 12 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 13 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 14 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 15 Berlin, Nice and London
- 16 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 17 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 18 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 19 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 20 charming cities in Spain
- 21 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 22 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 23 Day in Madrid
- 24 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 25 Le Marche Research Help