I have been looking over the brochure which I received recently from Icelandair about their Take-a-Break vacation packages. I want to book one of these packages over spring break next March. I would like to spend three nights in Reykjavik and two nights in another European city which Icelandair services. I have been to Paris and London, although another couple days in Paris would be welcomed. But my friend and I would both like to see a city we have not been to before. Our interests are varied and flexible. The choices are Amsterdam, Glasgow, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and Stockholm. I realize that two days is very short to "see" a new city. I was thinking Amsterdam might be the best choice for the time constraint, but what about Glasgow?
Any recommendations from the Fodorites? Has anyone participated in this program by Icelandair before? The basic deal is airfare via Icelandair to one of these cities with a stopover in Reykjavik in either direction for up to three nights for no additional cost in airfare. Hotel packages are offered for both Reykjavik and the other city choice, cost seems reasonable for all of them.
I would welcome any comments. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French election
- 2 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 3 Leather goods in Florence
- 4 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 5 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 6 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 7 dinner jackets
- 8 Piedmont as a destination
- 9 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 10 Things to do in Montpellier
- 11 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 12 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 13 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 14 Italy in 11 Days
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 Trip to Rome
- 17 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 18 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 19 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 20 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 21 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 22 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 23 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 24 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 25 3 week trip with children