I have been looking over the brochure which I received recently from Icelandair about their Take-a-Break vacation packages. I want to book one of these packages over spring break next March. I would like to spend three nights in Reykjavik and two nights in another European city which Icelandair services. I have been to Paris and London, although another couple days in Paris would be welcomed. But my friend and I would both like to see a city we have not been to before. Our interests are varied and flexible. The choices are Amsterdam, Glasgow, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and Stockholm. I realize that two days is very short to "see" a new city. I was thinking Amsterdam might be the best choice for the time constraint, but what about Glasgow?
Any recommendations from the Fodorites? Has anyone participated in this program by Icelandair before? The basic deal is airfare via Icelandair to one of these cities with a stopover in Reykjavik in either direction for up to three nights for no additional cost in airfare. Hotel packages are offered for both Reykjavik and the other city choice, cost seems reasonable for all of them.
I would welcome any comments. Thanks!
Icelandair Take-a-Break Cocktail
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 2 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 3 3 Countries - Bar Trip - need advice
- 4 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 5 Italy travelogue, Part III (Positano & the Amalfi Coast)
- 6 St Germain
- 7 A Greek sojourn
- 8 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 9 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 10 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 11 Burgundy in May
- 12 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 13 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 14 AIRBNB in Paris?
- 15 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 16 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 17 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 18 Kimhe--flamenco
- 19 2 weeks in Norway in May, need itinerary help!
- 20 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 21 Norway Advice
- 22 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 23 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 24 Small town near London for an overnight stay - suggestions please
- 25 Is Venice really dirty?