We are in Iceland for 3 days in October.
My original plan was to see on Day 2 from Reykjavik (rental car):
1) Thingvellir - Just see the tectonic falls
2) Oxararfoss Waterfall (a few minutes from Thingvellir
4) Gullfoss Falls
5) Skogafoss Waterfall
6) Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
But I have since read about Vik and the black sand beaches. I think to see this I would have to cut the Gullfoss Falls, as they seem out of the day. One Day 1 we could see 1 & 2. Then on Day 2 focus on 5, 6 and Vik.
Is Vik worth missing the Gullfoss Falls?
Any advice would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Lille Braderie 2017
- 3 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 4 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 5 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 6 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 7 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 8 Thinking about the Fjords
- 9 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 10 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 11 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 Berlin
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 22 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 23 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 24 Athens Help
- 25 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow