I'm hoping some experts on Iceland can fill in some gaps and possibly even surprise me with some tips about things I haven't thought of.
I have a week booked in Iceland this coming mid-September. I've rented a 2WD for the week. I'm considering driving the ring. Is the weather still decent enough that time of year to safely navigate the entire circuit?
Also, with only a week, would my time be better served by concentrating on a smaller area?
I'm planning on bringing my tent, so camping is something I'm hoping to do. I also want to do some hiking but nothing too serious since I'll still be coming off a broken leg from early spring. I'll be able to do 1 or 2 hour moderate hikes but nothing too intense. Does that condition rule out many of the must see spots like Geysir for example?
Thanks for your time,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich
- 2 Paris---baguette question???
- 3 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 4 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 5 Vienna or Budapest?
- 6 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 7 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 8 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 9 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 10 Italy/Greece with kids
- 11 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 12 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 13 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 14 10 day Greek Island trip
- 15 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 16 Portugal itinerary help
- 17 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 18 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 19 Lisbon NYE
- 20 Drive Vienna to Salzburg
- 21 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 22 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 23 English Countryside
- 24 Need help in travel planning
- 25 French immersion courses in France