I'm hoping some experts on Iceland can fill in some gaps and possibly even surprise me with some tips about things I haven't thought of.
I have a week booked in Iceland this coming mid-September. I've rented a 2WD for the week. I'm considering driving the ring. Is the weather still decent enough that time of year to safely navigate the entire circuit?
Also, with only a week, would my time be better served by concentrating on a smaller area?
I'm planning on bringing my tent, so camping is something I'm hoping to do. I also want to do some hiking but nothing too serious since I'll still be coming off a broken leg from early spring. I'll be able to do 1 or 2 hour moderate hikes but nothing too intense. Does that condition rule out many of the must see spots like Geysir for example?
Thanks for your time,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul at Easter
- 2 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 3 Palermo Apartment
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 8 SURPRISE TRIP
- 9 Language to use in Belgium
- 10 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 11 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 12 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 13 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 14 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 15 Barcelona - places to stay
- 16 Fado in Lisbon
- 17 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 18 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 19 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 20 Moldova and Transnistria
- 21 Camogli and surrounds
- 22 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 23 Whistle stop family road trip
- 24 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 25 travel fan 220v?