I'm hoping some experts on Iceland can fill in some gaps and possibly even surprise me with some tips about things I haven't thought of.
I have a week booked in Iceland this coming mid-September. I've rented a 2WD for the week. I'm considering driving the ring. Is the weather still decent enough that time of year to safely navigate the entire circuit?
Also, with only a week, would my time be better served by concentrating on a smaller area?
I'm planning on bringing my tent, so camping is something I'm hoping to do. I also want to do some hiking but nothing too serious since I'll still be coming off a broken leg from early spring. I'll be able to do 1 or 2 hour moderate hikes but nothing too intense. Does that condition rule out many of the must see spots like Geysir for example?
Thanks for your time,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 2 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 3 5 Day itinerary
- 4 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 5 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 6 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 7 Our European adventures
- 8 Eurotrip - Athens to Santorini
- 9 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 10 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 11 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 12 Spain Trip Report
- 13 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 14 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 15 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 16 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 17 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 18 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 19 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 20 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 21 20 free days of Europe
- 22 CDG international flight
- 23 12 days europe
- 24 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 25 Budapest on a budget