I'm hoping some experts on Iceland can fill in some gaps and possibly even surprise me with some tips about things I haven't thought of.
I have a week booked in Iceland this coming mid-September. I've rented a 2WD for the week. I'm considering driving the ring. Is the weather still decent enough that time of year to safely navigate the entire circuit?
Also, with only a week, would my time be better served by concentrating on a smaller area?
I'm planning on bringing my tent, so camping is something I'm hoping to do. I also want to do some hiking but nothing too serious since I'll still be coming off a broken leg from early spring. I'll be able to do 1 or 2 hour moderate hikes but nothing too intense. Does that condition rule out many of the must see spots like Geysir for example?
Thanks for your time,
Iceland - September, 1 week
- 1 Traveling within Italy
- 2 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 3 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 4 first european holiday itinery
- 5 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 8 7 days in Andalucia
- 9 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 10 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 11 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 Euro Train
- 14 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 15 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 16 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 17 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 18 London for Christmas
- 19 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 20 To Paris and Provence in June
- 21 Florence in October
- 22 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 23 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 Going to Puglia, I hope