I'm hoping some experts on Iceland can fill in some gaps and possibly even surprise me with some tips about things I haven't thought of.
I have a week booked in Iceland this coming mid-September. I've rented a 2WD for the week. I'm considering driving the ring. Is the weather still decent enough that time of year to safely navigate the entire circuit?
Also, with only a week, would my time be better served by concentrating on a smaller area?
I'm planning on bringing my tent, so camping is something I'm hoping to do. I also want to do some hiking but nothing too serious since I'll still be coming off a broken leg from early spring. I'll be able to do 1 or 2 hour moderate hikes but nothing too intense. Does that condition rule out many of the must see spots like Geysir for example?
Thanks for your time,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 2 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 3 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 4 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 5 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 6 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 7 Paris for children
- 8 One July night in Verona - help!
- 9 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 10 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 11 Couscous
- 12 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 13 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 14 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 15 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 16 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 17 Guided Vatican Tours
- 18 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 19 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 20 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 21 16 days in France and Italy
- 22 Cappadocia in June
- 23 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 24 Lisbon
- 25 Picturesque fjord driving south west norway