I'm hoping some experts on Iceland can fill in some gaps and possibly even surprise me with some tips about things I haven't thought of.
I have a week booked in Iceland this coming mid-September. I've rented a 2WD for the week. I'm considering driving the ring. Is the weather still decent enough that time of year to safely navigate the entire circuit?
Also, with only a week, would my time be better served by concentrating on a smaller area?
I'm planning on bringing my tent, so camping is something I'm hoping to do. I also want to do some hiking but nothing too serious since I'll still be coming off a broken leg from early spring. I'll be able to do 1 or 2 hour moderate hikes but nothing too intense. Does that condition rule out many of the must see spots like Geysir for example?
Thanks for your time,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Paris and......
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 6 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 7 Spain in July
- 8 Rick Steves Alternatives
- 9 Moving to Italy
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 12 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 13 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 14 Planning an independent tour of UK mid-2017
- 15 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 16 Swiss Travel Pass
- 17 BritRail pass - 1st or 2nd class?
- 18 Petrol in Greece
- 19 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 20 Athens
- 21 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 22 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Where to enjoy Paris
- 25 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?