I'm hoping some experts on Iceland can fill in some gaps and possibly even surprise me with some tips about things I haven't thought of.
I have a week booked in Iceland this coming mid-September. I've rented a 2WD for the week. I'm considering driving the ring. Is the weather still decent enough that time of year to safely navigate the entire circuit?
Also, with only a week, would my time be better served by concentrating on a smaller area?
I'm planning on bringing my tent, so camping is something I'm hoping to do. I also want to do some hiking but nothing too serious since I'll still be coming off a broken leg from early spring. I'll be able to do 1 or 2 hour moderate hikes but nothing too intense. Does that condition rule out many of the must see spots like Geysir for example?
Thanks for your time,
Iceland - September, 1 week
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 2 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 3 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 4 Flam, Norway railway
- 5 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 6 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 7 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 8 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 9 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 10 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 11 Sicily Suggetions
- 12 He said , she said
- 13 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 14 car rental companies Italy
- 15 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)
- 16 Paris in April?
- 17 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 18 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 19 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 20 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 21 quiet hotel
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 24 Venice hotel selection
- 25 May trip to the islands