I'm hoping some experts on Iceland can fill in some gaps and possibly even surprise me with some tips about things I haven't thought of.
I have a week booked in Iceland this coming mid-September. I've rented a 2WD for the week. I'm considering driving the ring. Is the weather still decent enough that time of year to safely navigate the entire circuit?
Also, with only a week, would my time be better served by concentrating on a smaller area?
I'm planning on bringing my tent, so camping is something I'm hoping to do. I also want to do some hiking but nothing too serious since I'll still be coming off a broken leg from early spring. I'll be able to do 1 or 2 hour moderate hikes but nothing too intense. Does that condition rule out many of the must see spots like Geysir for example?
Thanks for your time,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train Help
- 2 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 3 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 4 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 5 Austria
- 6 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 7 Salento penninsula
- 8 Train rides
- 9 What about Basque Country?
- 10 Bursa/Iznik
- 11 Paris dinner cruises...best of the best if there is such a thing
- 12 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 13 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 14 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 15 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 16 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 17 Charles Degaulle question
- 18 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 19 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 20 12 days in Austria
- 21 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 22 Amsterdam in August
- 23 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 24 Pompeii luggage storage
- 25 Croatia Itinerary Advice - Thank you!