I'm hoping some experts on Iceland can fill in some gaps and possibly even surprise me with some tips about things I haven't thought of.
I have a week booked in Iceland this coming mid-September. I've rented a 2WD for the week. I'm considering driving the ring. Is the weather still decent enough that time of year to safely navigate the entire circuit?
Also, with only a week, would my time be better served by concentrating on a smaller area?
I'm planning on bringing my tent, so camping is something I'm hoping to do. I also want to do some hiking but nothing too serious since I'll still be coming off a broken leg from early spring. I'll be able to do 1 or 2 hour moderate hikes but nothing too intense. Does that condition rule out many of the must see spots like Geysir for example?
Thanks for your time,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 4 Tour groups
- 5 Driving in Italy?
- 6 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 7 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 8 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 9 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 10 Super Cover For Hertz
- 11 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 12 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 13 Baby Milk
- 14 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 15 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 16 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 Hotel in Vienna
- 19 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 20 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 21 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 22 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 25 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia