I'm hoping some experts on Iceland can fill in some gaps and possibly even surprise me with some tips about things I haven't thought of.
I have a week booked in Iceland this coming mid-September. I've rented a 2WD for the week. I'm considering driving the ring. Is the weather still decent enough that time of year to safely navigate the entire circuit?
Also, with only a week, would my time be better served by concentrating on a smaller area?
I'm planning on bringing my tent, so camping is something I'm hoping to do. I also want to do some hiking but nothing too serious since I'll still be coming off a broken leg from early spring. I'll be able to do 1 or 2 hour moderate hikes but nothing too intense. Does that condition rule out many of the must see spots like Geysir for example?
Thanks for your time,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 counselling in West London
- 2 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 3 France to stop making foie grois
- 4 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 5 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 6 Madrid city centre?
- 7 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 8 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 9 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 10 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 11 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 12 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 13 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 14 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 15 Stonehenge and Bath
- 16 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 17 train from ravenna to parma
- 18 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 19 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 20 Puglia
- 21 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 22 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 23 Ireland driving itinerary
- 24 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 25 Manchester on derby weekend