I have been to Iceland four times since 1965. In April it will be cold. Take warm clothes. Many roads outside Reykjavik will still be under snow. Roads are are not tarmac off the major routes. Gullfoss (a huge waterfall) and the Geysir nearby are on all local trips. Probably a good idea to take such a trip. Self drive not a good idea because of roads and conditions. The airport at Keflavik (former NATO base) is a long way from Reykjavik. There is a separate domestic airport within Reyjavik (which you can see from some hotels) but this is local flights only. In Reyjavik which has a popoulation of around 150,000 (half of all Iceland) try the open air swimming pools which are naturally heated by hot water from geothermal sources (as is all hot water in Reykjavik). Concert halls I have never seen. The occasional cinema. Prices are high. For cash, you will find all your cards VISA, Mastercard, Cirrus, Plus will be useful - ATMs and shops, Wines in restaurant are horrendously dear - to discourage drunkeness. Scenery generally outside Reykjavik is very unusual. Go north to Myvatn if you have time to experiene lunar landscapes. Enjoy your three days. It will not be long enough.
Iceland, Reykavik--3day short stay
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage advice
- 2 Venice-Milan Airport Woes
- 3 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 4 Spending money in Italy?
- 5 Trip to Pyrenees
- 6 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 7 Rail or Bus Travel in Italy
- 8 Netherlands Delta Works
- 9 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 10 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 11 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 12 Amsterdam: My list of things to do/see is ready - Pls help in daily planning
- 13 A full week in The Netherlands
- 14 Wine tour from Verona?
- 15 Crete Ancient sites
- 16 Successfully competed our Europe Trip 2013- PART TWO
- 17 Successfully competed our Europe Trip 2013- PART ONE
- 18 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 19 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 20 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 21 How long in Venice?
- 22 Calling home from abroad
- 23 Moving to Belfast
- 24 Basketball in London
- 25 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?