I have been to Iceland four times since 1965. In April it will be cold. Take warm clothes. Many roads outside Reykjavik will still be under snow. Roads are are not tarmac off the major routes. Gullfoss (a huge waterfall) and the Geysir nearby are on all local trips. Probably a good idea to take such a trip. Self drive not a good idea because of roads and conditions. The airport at Keflavik (former NATO base) is a long way from Reykjavik. There is a separate domestic airport within Reyjavik (which you can see from some hotels) but this is local flights only. In Reyjavik which has a popoulation of around 150,000 (half of all Iceland) try the open air swimming pools which are naturally heated by hot water from geothermal sources (as is all hot water in Reykjavik). Concert halls I have never seen. The occasional cinema. Prices are high. For cash, you will find all your cards VISA, Mastercard, Cirrus, Plus will be useful - ATMs and shops, Wines in restaurant are horrendously dear - to discourage drunkeness. Scenery generally outside Reykjavik is very unusual. Go north to Myvatn if you have time to experiene lunar landscapes. Enjoy your three days. It will not be long enough.
Iceland, Reykavik--3day short stay
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 2 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 3 London and Where Else in late December?
- 4 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 5 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 6 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 7 London - Site List Triage -
- 8 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 9 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 10 Driving from Delphi to Nafplion
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 13 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 14 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 15 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 18 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 19 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 20 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 21 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 22 Southern Ireland Help
- 23 Bologna tips
- 24 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 25 Electronic plug adapter for Italy