We will be in Iceland from 9/17 - 9/21. We are spending two nights in Reykjavik and then renting a car and spending two nights probably in Stykkisholmur or somewhere on the Snaefellsnes Peninsula. Then back to R for one night before flying home. As alternative would be to spend the two nights in the south of the country but the west seems more interesting. Our preference would be to NOT have reservations and see where we end up but don't know if that's advisable in part because some hotels/guest houses will be closed I think at that time of year. Any suggestions about either need for reservations or places to stay. Thanks!
Iceland - reservations needed end of September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 2 All Set To Go!!
- 3 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 4 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 5 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 6 First time Ireland trip
- 7 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 8 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 11 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 12 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 13 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 14 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 15 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 16 22 year olds in Europe
- 17 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 18 Granada
- 19 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 20 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 21 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 22 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 23 Coffee in Naples
- 24 A Sardinia trip report
- 25 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy