I am visiting my parents in Iceland for 5 days in the last week of October. On our earlier week-long visit in July, we covered Reykjavic, the South Coast route, Vik, Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, all the waterfalls on the way, Black Sand Beach, Geyser, Pingvellur National Park, Blue Lagoon (just from outside though).
For this trip, I'm really confused if we should head North towards Akureri or West towards the Fjords? We would like to take a 2-3 day trip to one of the above which would include Northern Lights hopefully and also a bath in one of the outdoor pools or hot springs (same thing?)
We're flying in 2 weeks and I don't have much time to research:
1) Please let me know which would be a good hot spring/ bath outdoors (also could be close to Reykjavic)
2) If this is our last trip to Iceland and we've covered quite a lot of central, east and southern part - what should we check out in this trip?
3) If you suggest Akureri or West Fjords, please do suggest some accommodation options as well (though I am aware its very very late to even think I would get to choose a place)
4) Does anyone know about the Bruarfoss Waterfall in the southwest? This is based on an initial research I did when we had booked tickets a few months ago - but how difficult is this short hike and how far is it from Reykjavic?
Really excited for this trip as I'm hoping to see the Northern Lights this time!! Loved Iceland in July - it was cold for us but the green everywhere was just lovely.
Thank you all so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 2 Frankfurt to UK
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 God Save the Queen?
- 5 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 6 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 7 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 8 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 17 Spanish Medical Providers
- 18 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 19 Paris to Italy
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 22 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 23 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 24 Road trip with our dog
- 25 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please