We are confused between visiting the Nordic countries or Iceland for a 10 day trip in May with 2 children aged 13 and 11. Our requirements are:
1) Do activities like snow mobile, sledding etc.
2) Stay in a igloo for a day. I heard there is a igloo hotel somewhere in one of the Nordic countries.
3) Visit couple of cities in those countries which have architecture, night life, good restaurants etc.
4) See the midnight sun
Which of the two options above is more enjoyable in all respects ? We are total vegetarians also. Is Iceland too sparsely populated which might make it boring to take long drives. But then I am assuming, the Nordic countries are also sparsely populated.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Madrid
- 2 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 3 Trip to Switzerland
- 4 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 5 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 6 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 7 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 8 Rome hotel
- 9 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 10 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 11 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 12 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 13 Seville to Cordoba
- 14 London Hotel - Different Request
- 15 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 16 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 17 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 18 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 19 London 6 day itinerary
- 20 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 21 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 22 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 23 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 24 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 25 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont