We are confused between visiting the Nordic countries or Iceland for a 10 day trip in May with 2 children aged 13 and 11. Our requirements are:
1) Do activities like snow mobile, sledding etc.
2) Stay in a igloo for a day. I heard there is a igloo hotel somewhere in one of the Nordic countries.
3) Visit couple of cities in those countries which have architecture, night life, good restaurants etc.
4) See the midnight sun
Which of the two options above is more enjoyable in all respects ? We are total vegetarians also. Is Iceland too sparsely populated which might make it boring to take long drives. But then I am assuming, the Nordic countries are also sparsely populated.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 3 SE ITALY
- 4 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 5 Alitala
- 6 Which Hotel in Rome
- 7 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 8 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 9 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 10 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 11 6 Days in Italy
- 12 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 13 Stu Tower
- 14 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 15 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 16 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 17 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 18 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 19 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 20 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 21 Helpful Hint
- 22 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 25 Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017