We will be stopping for 2 days in Iceland's capital the end of August. I am with a group of people who are planning on taking an 11 hr. Landmannalaugar Hot Spring Circle tour and I've read the description from the tour company. I've read numerous posts here but have found no posts on this area. I think my travelling companions are trying to explore an area that wouldn't be as touristy as some. However most of the posts I've read talk about seeing Thingvellir, Geysir and Gullfoss, the sights you'd see on the Circle Tours. I'm with a hiking group and have heard positives of Thorswoods too. I know I want to ride the Icelandic horses for a couple hours wherever it is you ride them so don't have time for 2 tours. Since I've heard nothing from posters on Landmannalaugar I'm wondering if I'd be missing some of the most beautiful areas of Iceland by not taking the Circle Tour. I have no problem breaking off from the group. Would appreciate any guidance on choices and opinion of the Landmannalaugar area. Thanks.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 2 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 3 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 4 Place to propose
- 5 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 6 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 7 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 8 From Bologna to Barcelona
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 British drivers
- 11 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 12 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 13 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 14 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 15 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 16 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 17 Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt Opening 2013
- 18 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 19 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 20 Portugal in September
- 21 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 22 Prague to Dresen on the train
- 23 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 24 Can someone tell me about the area around Castelfiorentino?
- 25 Need help deciding - Italy or Spain in winter