We will be stopping for 2 days in Iceland's capital the end of August. I am with a group of people who are planning on taking an 11 hr. Landmannalaugar Hot Spring Circle tour and I've read the description from the tour company. I've read numerous posts here but have found no posts on this area. I think my travelling companions are trying to explore an area that wouldn't be as touristy as some. However most of the posts I've read talk about seeing Thingvellir, Geysir and Gullfoss, the sights you'd see on the Circle Tours. I'm with a hiking group and have heard positives of Thorswoods too. I know I want to ride the Icelandic horses for a couple hours wherever it is you ride them so don't have time for 2 tours. Since I've heard nothing from posters on Landmannalaugar I'm wondering if I'd be missing some of the most beautiful areas of Iceland by not taking the Circle Tour. I have no problem breaking off from the group. Would appreciate any guidance on choices and opinion of the Landmannalaugar area. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 2 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 3 Augsburg with kids
- 4 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 5 May trip to the islands
- 6 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 7 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 8 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 10 Three days in Spain
- 11 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 12 Venice hotel selection
- 13 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 14 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 15 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 16 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 17 Paris in April?
- 18 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 19 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 20 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 21 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 22 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 23 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 He said , she said