I am planning a trip with a friend to Iceland-6 nights/7 days. We re trying to decide whether to rent a car and do it on our own adding in day excursions along the way or taking a 3 day excursion tour. I am leaning towards driving. (Our trip is booked for November and we are both experience drivers in snow.) One of the day excursions we are interested in is a winter ice caving tour in Jokulsarlon area. The issue being that the only day the tour is available is the day after we fly in. If we drive straight from the airport towards Jokulsarlon, what area would you recommend for lodging? I was thinking that staying in Jokulsarlon area the evening of the tour would be nice and then drive on to Vik. We are planning on doing a glacier walk near Vik the following day or at some other point during the trip.
Do any of you think this would work? Or have ideas how to map this out?
Also, do you think Jokulsarlon is the best area for ice caving or should I be looking for a tour in a different locations?
Thanks so much!! I am sure I will have some other questions, so please be patient!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport Transit Visa
- 2 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 3 Travelling Iceland
- 4 Guide for Nowa Huta?
- 5 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 6 Italian lake cruise
- 7 Paris advice with kids
- 8 Tuscany Itinerary
- 9 How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
- 10 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 11 First visit to London
- 12 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 13 Route Information
- 14 International drivers permit
- 15 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 16 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 17 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 18 french italian Riviera overnight stop noli, cervo, san remo, menton, other?
- 19 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 20 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 21 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 22 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 23 alcazar question and seville advice
- 24 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 25 My Topic TitleT 10 card question