I'll be arriving in Iceland Dec. 5 at 5:20 a.m. Dec. 5, and I need help finalizing the details of the trip.
Is there anything to do this early in the morning or should I plan to just head to Reykjavik? I will be spending the night on Saturday here to experience the nightlife, but I think I'll want to get a rental car and explore for the day? Perhaps the Golden Circle?
Dec. 6 I'll be embarking on a drive to jokulsarlon, where I'll be staying at the Hali Country hotel. We plan on starting the trip relatively early and makings stops at the following: Seljalandsfoss, Skogafoos, Vik, and Skaftafell National park. I understand that this may be unrealistic with the amount of day light we have, but we are leaving early. Are there any additional stops I should consider that are along the way? The day will end at Hali Country hotel where we are hoping to see the Northern Lights? Should we consider taking a tour at night from here to chase them, if possible?
Dec. 7- The next morning we will go on a four hour ice caving excursion and go see the glacier. I anticipate we'll be on the road by 1 p.m. and I was wondering what I can see on the way back? Is it realistic to do Golden Circle this day or should I do it Saturday, the day of our arrival
Dec. 8- Probably spend a day in Reykjavik, but I am very open to exploring other nearby adventure activities if anyone can recommend something that I can get to with a rental car? I can't stay overnight because we have a trip home the next morning. I looked into dog sledding, but it didn't appeal to me. Anything else exciting?
Thanks for all the help in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in a week
- 2 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 3 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 4 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 7 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 8 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 9 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 10 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 11 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 12 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 13 My special places in Europe
- 14 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 15 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 16 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 17 Weather in Budapest in late September
- 18 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 21 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 22 Travelling with Vueling?
- 23 Night Bus?
- 24 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 25 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip