I'll be arriving in Iceland Dec. 5 at 5:20 a.m. Dec. 5, and I need help finalizing the details of the trip.
Is there anything to do this early in the morning or should I plan to just head to Reykjavik? I will be spending the night on Saturday here to experience the nightlife, but I think I'll want to get a rental car and explore for the day? Perhaps the Golden Circle?
Dec. 6 I'll be embarking on a drive to jokulsarlon, where I'll be staying at the Hali Country hotel. We plan on starting the trip relatively early and makings stops at the following: Seljalandsfoss, Skogafoos, Vik, and Skaftafell National park. I understand that this may be unrealistic with the amount of day light we have, but we are leaving early. Are there any additional stops I should consider that are along the way? The day will end at Hali Country hotel where we are hoping to see the Northern Lights? Should we consider taking a tour at night from here to chase them, if possible?
Dec. 7- The next morning we will go on a four hour ice caving excursion and go see the glacier. I anticipate we'll be on the road by 1 p.m. and I was wondering what I can see on the way back? Is it realistic to do Golden Circle this day or should I do it Saturday, the day of our arrival
Dec. 8- Probably spend a day in Reykjavik, but I am very open to exploring other nearby adventure activities if anyone can recommend something that I can get to with a rental car? I can't stay overnight because we have a trip home the next morning. I looked into dog sledding, but it didn't appeal to me. Anything else exciting?
Thanks for all the help in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland travel passport question
- 2 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 3 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 4 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 5 4 days itinerary for France
- 6 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 7 where to stay in London?
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Juangfrau / mt
- 10 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 11 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 12 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 13 Switzerland
- 14 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 15 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 18 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 19 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 20 Questions about Polish sights
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 23 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 24 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 25 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece