I'll be arriving in Iceland Dec. 5 at 5:20 a.m. Dec. 5, and I need help finalizing the details of the trip.
Is there anything to do this early in the morning or should I plan to just head to Reykjavik? I will be spending the night on Saturday here to experience the nightlife, but I think I'll want to get a rental car and explore for the day? Perhaps the Golden Circle?
Dec. 6 I'll be embarking on a drive to jokulsarlon, where I'll be staying at the Hali Country hotel. We plan on starting the trip relatively early and makings stops at the following: Seljalandsfoss, Skogafoos, Vik, and Skaftafell National park. I understand that this may be unrealistic with the amount of day light we have, but we are leaving early. Are there any additional stops I should consider that are along the way? The day will end at Hali Country hotel where we are hoping to see the Northern Lights? Should we consider taking a tour at night from here to chase them, if possible?
Dec. 7- The next morning we will go on a four hour ice caving excursion and go see the glacier. I anticipate we'll be on the road by 1 p.m. and I was wondering what I can see on the way back? Is it realistic to do Golden Circle this day or should I do it Saturday, the day of our arrival
Dec. 8- Probably spend a day in Reykjavik, but I am very open to exploring other nearby adventure activities if anyone can recommend something that I can get to with a rental car? I can't stay overnight because we have a trip home the next morning. I looked into dog sledding, but it didn't appeal to me. Anything else exciting?
Thanks for all the help in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 2 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 5 base in brussels
- 6 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 7 Rome or Venice first
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 10 Uber vs. TfL
- 11 Berlin
- 12 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 13 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 14 One free day in Barcelona
- 15 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 16 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 17 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 18 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 19 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 20 Lille Braderie 2017
- 21 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 22 Apartment Montreux area
- 23 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 24 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 25 Trains in Italy