I'll be arriving in Iceland Dec. 5 at 5:20 a.m. Dec. 5, and I need help finalizing the details of the trip.
Is there anything to do this early in the morning or should I plan to just head to Reykjavik? I will be spending the night on Saturday here to experience the nightlife, but I think I'll want to get a rental car and explore for the day? Perhaps the Golden Circle?
Dec. 6 I'll be embarking on a drive to jokulsarlon, where I'll be staying at the Hali Country hotel. We plan on starting the trip relatively early and makings stops at the following: Seljalandsfoss, Skogafoos, Vik, and Skaftafell National park. I understand that this may be unrealistic with the amount of day light we have, but we are leaving early. Are there any additional stops I should consider that are along the way? The day will end at Hali Country hotel where we are hoping to see the Northern Lights? Should we consider taking a tour at night from here to chase them, if possible?
Dec. 7- The next morning we will go on a four hour ice caving excursion and go see the glacier. I anticipate we'll be on the road by 1 p.m. and I was wondering what I can see on the way back? Is it realistic to do Golden Circle this day or should I do it Saturday, the day of our arrival
Dec. 8- Probably spend a day in Reykjavik, but I am very open to exploring other nearby adventure activities if anyone can recommend something that I can get to with a rental car? I can't stay overnight because we have a trip home the next morning. I looked into dog sledding, but it didn't appeal to me. Anything else exciting?
Thanks for all the help in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 2 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 3 Cartagena Spain
- 4 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 5 Malaga Spain
- 6 Ibiiza Spain
- 7 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 8 Iceland trip report!
- 9 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 10 Seville to Cordoba
- 11 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 12 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 13 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 14 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 17 3 nights in Madrid
- 18 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 19 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 20 ATM
- 21 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 22 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 23 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 24 London 6 day itinerary
- 25 London Hotel - Different Request