I may have an opportunity to take time off from mid-late September and will allow me to do a 11 day/10 nights trip around Iceland. I really want to drive around the Ring Road and have consulted with farmholidays. is to get a general idea of an itinerary.
Reading through some previous threads, I noted that it is best to do the island counter clockwise.
Would really like your advice on towns to stay in or hotels/B&B/farm houses which you recommend. Below is an itinerary from farmholidays .is for a 11day/10 nights ring road drive. Please let me know your thoughts. There may be an opportunity to extend my stay for 1 day if you really think an area warrants a two night stay (right now only Húsavík/Mývatn has 2 nights)
Location denotes the overnight stop:
Day 1 - Gulffoss/Geysir (I will arrive the night before whereas my travel companion will arrive 6am of the first day)
Day 2 - Vík/Kirkjubæjarklaustur
Day 3 - Höfn
Day 4 - Egilsstaðir
Day 5 - Húsavík/Mývatn
Day 6 - Húsavík/Mývatn
Day 7 - Akureyri
Day 8 - Húnaflói/Skagafjörður
Day 9 - Snaesfellsnes
Day 10 - Reyjavik
Day 11 - Late afternoon departure
I know this may be silly question given the unpredictability of Iceland weather - do you think end of September weather still has a high chance of being enjoyable??
Thanks in advance for your input! I'll continue perusing through the old threads.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens Help
- 2 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 3 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 4 London vacation rental agency
- 5 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 6 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 9 Borghese Gallery Question
- 10 Sim Card
- 11 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 12 Airline to Rome
- 13 Finland around Christmas time?
- 14 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 15 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 16 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 17 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 18 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 19 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 20 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 23 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 24 SE ITALY
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each