this is the route i'm planning on taking for my upcoming summer roadtrip. Can you please review and let me know your feedback? thank you!
July 7: arrive in reykjavik.
july 8 road trip to golden circle, see Kerio crater and drive on the ring road toward Selfoss. On the way walk to the Reykjadalur valley hot springs for a dip. Night in Selfoss.
July 9: Selfoss to Skogar for the Skogafoss waterfalls and seljalandsfoss waterfalls. Onward to Vik, the black sand beach, Reynisdrangar. From Skogar i plan to also head for the Seljavellir valley for the outdoor pools perhaps if not head on toward Vik and Dyrholey for the natural arch. The night in Vik.
July 10: Vik back to Solheimajokull glacier for 10am glacier walk. Then onward to Myrdalssandur and the lava fields of Eldraun, then Kirkjugolfio for the church floor, Fjaorargljufur for the stunning canyon then east to Skaftafell National Park. See Svartifoss waterfall and then on to Jokulsarlon Glacier lagoon. Where to spend the night????
July 11: drive north to Lake Myvatn area for its geothermal landscapes, Namaskaro Pass, the Skutustaoagigar pseudo craters, the Dimmuborgir lava formations and Mt Krafla the volcanoe. The spring lava cave of Grjotagja. Night where????
July 12: Maybe explore the area more and drive through Jokulsargljufur part of Vatnajokull national park and visit the Asnyrgi canyon and Dettifoss the most powerful waterfall in europe OR whale watching in Husavik. spend the night back in the same place as the previous night.
July 13: stop at gooafoss before arriving at Akureyri. Horse riding today maybe visit Skagafjorour and pass through the fishing village of Siglufjorour and spend the night back in Akureyri.
July 14: Snaefellsnes peninsula for Snaefellsjokull national park, Dritvik cove, Arnarstapi, Hellnar walk and Budir. Night where???
July 15: Mount Kirkjufell, then onward to Hraunfossar/Barnafoss waterfalls. night back in Reyjavik.
July 16: blue lagoon/chill.
July 17: depart.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 2 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 3 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 6 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 7 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 8 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 9 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 10 Help required with Itinerary
- 11 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 12 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 15 Campervan in Croatia
- 16 Greek Islands (small)
- 17 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 18 Cell Phone Question
- 19 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 20 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 21 K-Day
- 22 UK Visa Help
- 23 Skye to Edinburgh
- 24 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 25 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.