this is the route i'm planning on taking for my upcoming summer roadtrip. Can you please review and let me know your feedback? thank you!
July 7: arrive in reykjavik.
july 8 road trip to golden circle, see Kerio crater and drive on the ring road toward Selfoss. On the way walk to the Reykjadalur valley hot springs for a dip. Night in Selfoss.
July 9: Selfoss to Skogar for the Skogafoss waterfalls and seljalandsfoss waterfalls. Onward to Vik, the black sand beach, Reynisdrangar. From Skogar i plan to also head for the Seljavellir valley for the outdoor pools perhaps if not head on toward Vik and Dyrholey for the natural arch. The night in Vik.
July 10: Vik back to Solheimajokull glacier for 10am glacier walk. Then onward to Myrdalssandur and the lava fields of Eldraun, then Kirkjugolfio for the church floor, Fjaorargljufur for the stunning canyon then east to Skaftafell National Park. See Svartifoss waterfall and then on to Jokulsarlon Glacier lagoon. Where to spend the night????
July 11: drive north to Lake Myvatn area for its geothermal landscapes, Namaskaro Pass, the Skutustaoagigar pseudo craters, the Dimmuborgir lava formations and Mt Krafla the volcanoe. The spring lava cave of Grjotagja. Night where????
July 12: Maybe explore the area more and drive through Jokulsargljufur part of Vatnajokull national park and visit the Asnyrgi canyon and Dettifoss the most powerful waterfall in europe OR whale watching in Husavik. spend the night back in the same place as the previous night.
July 13: stop at gooafoss before arriving at Akureyri. Horse riding today maybe visit Skagafjorour and pass through the fishing village of Siglufjorour and spend the night back in Akureyri.
July 14: Snaefellsnes peninsula for Snaefellsjokull national park, Dritvik cove, Arnarstapi, Hellnar walk and Budir. Night where???
July 15: Mount Kirkjufell, then onward to Hraunfossar/Barnafoss waterfalls. night back in Reyjavik.
July 16: blue lagoon/chill.
July 17: depart.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tracking the Weather
- 2 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 3 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 4 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 5 barcelona neighborhood
- 6 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 7 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 8 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 9 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Les Invalides Night Show
- 12 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 13 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 14 Which Day?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 17 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 20 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 21 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 22 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 23 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 24 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 25 First trip to Greece (last minute!)