this is the route i'm planning on taking for my upcoming summer roadtrip. Can you please review and let me know your feedback? thank you!
July 7: arrive in reykjavik.
july 8 road trip to golden circle, see Kerio crater and drive on the ring road toward Selfoss. On the way walk to the Reykjadalur valley hot springs for a dip. Night in Selfoss.
July 9: Selfoss to Skogar for the Skogafoss waterfalls and seljalandsfoss waterfalls. Onward to Vik, the black sand beach, Reynisdrangar. From Skogar i plan to also head for the Seljavellir valley for the outdoor pools perhaps if not head on toward Vik and Dyrholey for the natural arch. The night in Vik.
July 10: Vik back to Solheimajokull glacier for 10am glacier walk. Then onward to Myrdalssandur and the lava fields of Eldraun, then Kirkjugolfio for the church floor, Fjaorargljufur for the stunning canyon then east to Skaftafell National Park. See Svartifoss waterfall and then on to Jokulsarlon Glacier lagoon. Where to spend the night????
July 11: drive north to Lake Myvatn area for its geothermal landscapes, Namaskaro Pass, the Skutustaoagigar pseudo craters, the Dimmuborgir lava formations and Mt Krafla the volcanoe. The spring lava cave of Grjotagja. Night where????
July 12: Maybe explore the area more and drive through Jokulsargljufur part of Vatnajokull national park and visit the Asnyrgi canyon and Dettifoss the most powerful waterfall in europe OR whale watching in Husavik. spend the night back in the same place as the previous night.
July 13: stop at gooafoss before arriving at Akureyri. Horse riding today maybe visit Skagafjorour and pass through the fishing village of Siglufjorour and spend the night back in Akureyri.
July 14: Snaefellsnes peninsula for Snaefellsjokull national park, Dritvik cove, Arnarstapi, Hellnar walk and Budir. Night where???
July 15: Mount Kirkjufell, then onward to Hraunfossar/Barnafoss waterfalls. night back in Reyjavik.
July 16: blue lagoon/chill.
July 17: depart.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 2 2 days in Lugano area
- 3 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 4 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Tuscany First Time
- 7 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 8 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 9 Switzerland in October
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Recommendations
- 12 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 13 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 14 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 15 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Italy in January?
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 Paris- restaurant
- 21 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 22 4 nights in Provence, advice
- 23 Iceland car rental agencies
- 24 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 25 Happy birthday ATM