this is the route i'm planning on taking for my upcoming summer roadtrip. Can you please review and let me know your feedback? thank you!
July 7: arrive in reykjavik.
july 8 road trip to golden circle, see Kerio crater and drive on the ring road toward Selfoss. On the way walk to the Reykjadalur valley hot springs for a dip. Night in Selfoss.
July 9: Selfoss to Skogar for the Skogafoss waterfalls and seljalandsfoss waterfalls. Onward to Vik, the black sand beach, Reynisdrangar. From Skogar i plan to also head for the Seljavellir valley for the outdoor pools perhaps if not head on toward Vik and Dyrholey for the natural arch. The night in Vik.
July 10: Vik back to Solheimajokull glacier for 10am glacier walk. Then onward to Myrdalssandur and the lava fields of Eldraun, then Kirkjugolfio for the church floor, Fjaorargljufur for the stunning canyon then east to Skaftafell National Park. See Svartifoss waterfall and then on to Jokulsarlon Glacier lagoon. Where to spend the night????
July 11: drive north to Lake Myvatn area for its geothermal landscapes, Namaskaro Pass, the Skutustaoagigar pseudo craters, the Dimmuborgir lava formations and Mt Krafla the volcanoe. The spring lava cave of Grjotagja. Night where????
July 12: Maybe explore the area more and drive through Jokulsargljufur part of Vatnajokull national park and visit the Asnyrgi canyon and Dettifoss the most powerful waterfall in europe OR whale watching in Husavik. spend the night back in the same place as the previous night.
July 13: stop at gooafoss before arriving at Akureyri. Horse riding today maybe visit Skagafjorour and pass through the fishing village of Siglufjorour and spend the night back in Akureyri.
July 14: Snaefellsnes peninsula for Snaefellsjokull national park, Dritvik cove, Arnarstapi, Hellnar walk and Budir. Night where???
July 15: Mount Kirkjufell, then onward to Hraunfossar/Barnafoss waterfalls. night back in Reyjavik.
July 16: blue lagoon/chill.
July 17: depart.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 2 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 5 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 6 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 7 Swiss Travel Pass
- 8 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 9 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 10 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 11 Athens
- 12 We're here!
- 13 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 14 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 17 Petrol in Greece
- 18 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 19 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 20 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 21 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 22 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 23 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 24 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 25 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out