My bf and I will be heading to Iceland for 5 days at the beginning of June. We are planning on staying in Reykjavik, and doing day trips to surrounding areas. Still deciding whether or not we will rent a car. We both want to experience the spas/thermal baths, and although we have heard the Blue Lagoon is great, many seem to prefer the smaller ones that are a little more off the beaten path. Could anyone recommend a smaller one they have been to? Why did you prefer it to the Blue Lagoon?
I would also like to go horseback riding while there. Laxness is close to Reykjavik and I saw someone recommend it on another topic, but wondered if anyone could share their experience or recommend any other riding options?
Thanks for all the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Itinerary Advice
- 2 4 days in Provence in early June
- 3 Trip to Rome
- 4 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 5 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 6 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 7 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 8 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 11 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 12 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 13 Leather goods in Florence
- 14 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 15 Transportation
- 16 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 17 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 18 Things to do in Montpellier
- 19 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 20 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 21 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 22 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 23 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 24 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 25 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape