My bf and I will be heading to Iceland for 5 days at the beginning of June. We are planning on staying in Reykjavik, and doing day trips to surrounding areas. Still deciding whether or not we will rent a car. We both want to experience the spas/thermal baths, and although we have heard the Blue Lagoon is great, many seem to prefer the smaller ones that are a little more off the beaten path. Could anyone recommend a smaller one they have been to? Why did you prefer it to the Blue Lagoon?
I would also like to go horseback riding while there. Laxness is close to Reykjavik and I saw someone recommend it on another topic, but wondered if anyone could share their experience or recommend any other riding options?
Thanks for all the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 CDG airport and connection time
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 4 days itinerary for France
- 6 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 7 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 10 If you had to choose one......
- 11 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 12 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 13 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 14 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 15 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 16 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 17 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 18 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 21 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 22 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 23 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 24 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 25 Ireland Trip Planning Advice