We are considering an early September trip to Iceland and wondering if there is one place we could use as a home base for about a week. We don't want to stay in Reykjavik or another city, and we also don't want to drive around a ton / split the week between different hotels. But we do want access to a variety of outdoor sights and activities to keep us entertained (waterfalls, glaciers, hot springs, hiking, horseback riding). Would be ideal if it was quiet, secluded, and romantic. Would this be realistic in Iceland? If so, where should we look?
Iceland Home Base
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 2 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 3 A Week in Spain
- 4 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 5 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 6 Now for the Venice hotel
- 7 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 8 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 9 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 10 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 11 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 12 week in scotland
- 13 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 14 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 15 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 16 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 17 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 18 Rocamaxour
- 19 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 20 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 21 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 22 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 23 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 24 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 25 venice, italy