We are considering an early September trip to Iceland and wondering if there is one place we could use as a home base for about a week. We don't want to stay in Reykjavik or another city, and we also don't want to drive around a ton / split the week between different hotels. But we do want access to a variety of outdoor sights and activities to keep us entertained (waterfalls, glaciers, hot springs, hiking, horseback riding). Would be ideal if it was quiet, secluded, and romantic. Would this be realistic in Iceland? If so, where should we look?
Iceland Home Base
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 2 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 3 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 4 Airbnb scam
- 5 Gift for French business associate
- 6 Best data sim
- 7 Scotland Votes "No"
- 8 10 Days in France/No. Spain starting tomorrow
- 9 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 10 Find a long term rental studio in Paris
- 11 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 12 from Munchen train to Romerberg
- 13 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 14 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 15 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 16 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 17 Alterations to night trains routes
- 18 Trip Report, part 1
- 19 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 20 Scottish Passport
- 21 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 22 shortened trip to Italy
- 23 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 24 Air France strike
- 25 Spain (Practical) Trip Report