We are considering an early September trip to Iceland and wondering if there is one place we could use as a home base for about a week. We don't want to stay in Reykjavik or another city, and we also don't want to drive around a ton / split the week between different hotels. But we do want access to a variety of outdoor sights and activities to keep us entertained (waterfalls, glaciers, hot springs, hiking, horseback riding). Would be ideal if it was quiet, secluded, and romantic. Would this be realistic in Iceland? If so, where should we look?
Iceland Home Base
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy trip questions
- 2 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 3 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 4 Suggestion for travel memories
- 5 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 6 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 7 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 8 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 9 Budget family trip to Europe
- 10 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 11 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 12 Pyrenees logistics
- 13 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 14 Italy
- 15 Azores
- 16 How highly would you prioritize Portugal?
- 17 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 18 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 19 Driving in Italy
- 20 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 21 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 22 Taormina to Palermo
- 23 Spain - car rental, bus or train?
- 24 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 25 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris