We are considering an early September trip to Iceland and wondering if there is one place we could use as a home base for about a week. We don't want to stay in Reykjavik or another city, and we also don't want to drive around a ton / split the week between different hotels. But we do want access to a variety of outdoor sights and activities to keep us entertained (waterfalls, glaciers, hot springs, hiking, horseback riding). Would be ideal if it was quiet, secluded, and romantic. Would this be realistic in Iceland? If so, where should we look?
Iceland Home Base
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - Month of July
- 2 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 3 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 4 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 5 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 6 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 7 England & Scotland in April
- 8 Your favourite places in Bath
- 9 17days Italy itinerary for Dec
- 10 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 11 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 12 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 13 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 14 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 15 Shipping Prosecco
- 16 Venice Day Trip--Leave on 7:30 pm or midnight train back to Bologna?
- 17 Europe Tour with Kids
- 18 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 19 Ways to travel from Venice to Bologna
- 20 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 21 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 22 Italy and Croatia
- 23 Venice: Vene, Vidi, but not even close to Vici
- 24 Lakes District UK
- 25 Kimhe--flamenco