My husband and I are contemplating a trip to Iceland September 23-30, and I have some questions:
1. what kind of weather can I expect then?
2. any itinerary suggestions?
We aren't sure how we want to do this yet - I know we want to spend a fair amount of time exploring, and seeing the fantastic landscape. should we:
1. rent a cabin somewhere for the week and do day trips via rental car?
2. spend a few nights at hotels in various towns?
3. rent a camper?
4. stay in the capital and do organized tours?
5. something I haven't thought of???
We are very independent and seasoned travelers and are young and healthy. We don't want to spend a ton of money, but can afford a comfortable trip (no hostels, etc., but no luxury hotels either).
Any advice would be super!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 2 Paris---baguette question???
- 3 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 4 Portugal itinerary help
- 5 Puglia or La Langhe
- 6 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 7 Rome
- 8 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 9 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 10 Vienna or Budapest?
- 11 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 12 Booking hotels before trains
- 13 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 14 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 15 Visiting Spain in January
- 16 Italy/Greece with kids
- 17 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 18 Do Not Rent from SIXT car rentals
- 19 Munich
- 20 English Countryside
- 21 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 22 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 23 Need help in travel planning
- 24 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 25 French immersion courses in France