My husband and I are contemplating a trip to Iceland September 23-30, and I have some questions:
1. what kind of weather can I expect then?
2. any itinerary suggestions?
We aren't sure how we want to do this yet - I know we want to spend a fair amount of time exploring, and seeing the fantastic landscape. should we:
1. rent a cabin somewhere for the week and do day trips via rental car?
2. spend a few nights at hotels in various towns?
3. rent a camper?
4. stay in the capital and do organized tours?
5. something I haven't thought of???
We are very independent and seasoned travelers and are young and healthy. We don't want to spend a ton of money, but can afford a comfortable trip (no hostels, etc., but no luxury hotels either).
Any advice would be super!
Iceland for a week in September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 2 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 3 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 4 9 days in turkey
- 5 Burg Eltz
- 6 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 7 Germany-berlin marathon
- 8 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 9 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 10 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 11 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 12 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 13 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 14 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 15 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 16 itinerary help
- 17 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 Nice Video about Poland
- 20 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 21 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 22 Reims for a day
- 23 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 24 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 25 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?