My husband and I are contemplating a trip to Iceland September 23-30, and I have some questions:
1. what kind of weather can I expect then?
2. any itinerary suggestions?
We aren't sure how we want to do this yet - I know we want to spend a fair amount of time exploring, and seeing the fantastic landscape. should we:
1. rent a cabin somewhere for the week and do day trips via rental car?
2. spend a few nights at hotels in various towns?
3. rent a camper?
4. stay in the capital and do organized tours?
5. something I haven't thought of???
We are very independent and seasoned travelers and are young and healthy. We don't want to spend a ton of money, but can afford a comfortable trip (no hostels, etc., but no luxury hotels either).
Any advice would be super!
Iceland for a week in September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 2 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 3 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 4 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 5 Hotel in Rome?
- 6 Ukraine: witch-hunt has begun
- 7 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 8 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 9 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 10 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 11 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 12 Favorite hotels
- 13 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 14 Late night dinner in Menton?
- 15 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 16 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 17 Passport Delays
- 18 Travel to Romania Transilvania Tours
- 19 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 20 Message for Ackislander
- 21 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 22 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 23 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 24 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 25 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?