My husband and I are contemplating a trip to Iceland September 23-30, and I have some questions:
1. what kind of weather can I expect then?
2. any itinerary suggestions?
We aren't sure how we want to do this yet - I know we want to spend a fair amount of time exploring, and seeing the fantastic landscape. should we:
1. rent a cabin somewhere for the week and do day trips via rental car?
2. spend a few nights at hotels in various towns?
3. rent a camper?
4. stay in the capital and do organized tours?
5. something I haven't thought of???
We are very independent and seasoned travelers and are young and healthy. We don't want to spend a ton of money, but can afford a comfortable trip (no hostels, etc., but no luxury hotels either).
Any advice would be super!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 2 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 3 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 4 Paris: Best (or Worst) Apartment Rental Companies
- 5 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 6 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 7 Norway Self-Drive - Winter 2017
- 8 French restaurants
- 9 Azores in February
- 10 Trains in Alps and UK
- 11 Scotland Trip
- 12 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Lisbon trip report
- 15 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 16 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 17 Ireland in April
- 18 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 19 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 20 Driving in Italy?
- 21 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 22 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 23 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 24 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 25 Planning a European Trip