My husband and I are contemplating a trip to Iceland September 23-30, and I have some questions:
1. what kind of weather can I expect then?
2. any itinerary suggestions?
We aren't sure how we want to do this yet - I know we want to spend a fair amount of time exploring, and seeing the fantastic landscape. should we:
1. rent a cabin somewhere for the week and do day trips via rental car?
2. spend a few nights at hotels in various towns?
3. rent a camper?
4. stay in the capital and do organized tours?
5. something I haven't thought of???
We are very independent and seasoned travelers and are young and healthy. We don't want to spend a ton of money, but can afford a comfortable trip (no hostels, etc., but no luxury hotels either).
Any advice would be super!
Iceland for a week in September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 at what point should one get health insurance
- 2 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 3 Lucerne Switzerland
- 4 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 5 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 6 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 7 Tipping in the UK
- 8 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 9 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 10 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 11 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 12 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 13 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 14 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 15 Solo grad trip in Europe, 24 days in November! Critique appreciated.
- 16 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 17 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 18 2 weeks in Spain
- 19 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 20 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 21 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 22 First visit to France in November
- 23 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 24 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 25 4 Months in Europe