My husband and I are contemplating a trip to Iceland September 23-30, and I have some questions:
1. what kind of weather can I expect then?
2. any itinerary suggestions?
We aren't sure how we want to do this yet - I know we want to spend a fair amount of time exploring, and seeing the fantastic landscape. should we:
1. rent a cabin somewhere for the week and do day trips via rental car?
2. spend a few nights at hotels in various towns?
3. rent a camper?
4. stay in the capital and do organized tours?
5. something I haven't thought of???
We are very independent and seasoned travelers and are young and healthy. We don't want to spend a ton of money, but can afford a comfortable trip (no hostels, etc., but no luxury hotels either).
Any advice would be super!
Iceland for a week in September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reykjavik hotels
- 2 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 3 I dream of Europe
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 6 First Time to UK since 2001
- 7 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 8 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 9 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 10 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 11 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 12 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 13 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 14 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 15 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 18 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 19 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 22 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 23 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 24 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 25 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014